Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Default Monday <-----Where's the dislike button?

Good morning, rainy day in Philly and at the Jersey Shore.

Day got off to a questionable start, at the PATCO station in Lindenwold NJ there was a big pool of blood in front of the fare gates. No one seemed to be paying particular attention to it. I managed to go around it and noticed as I swiped my fare card that the transit police were arriving.

Had a busy weekend hauling mulch, fertilizing and killing moss on the lawn, planting wildflowers and planting our garden with early season crops: lettuce, arugula, brocolli and cauliflower. The off and on rains this week will help. Miracle of miracles!!!! I restarted the sprinker system and none of the sprinkler heads needed replacment!!!

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!!!

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the volcano blows." -Jimmy Buffet (Picture taken on St. Lucia)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Doug, your commutes always sound like the opening of a Law & Order episode.......today is creepy!!

Overcast day, it's ok, because that's how I feel...day 6,and not one iota better I am really miserable,and called the Dr. hoping for a miracle.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 21st, 2011, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Hi Doug and Trip

Trip beat me to it - my commutes were so boring compared to yours - thank goodness. BTW I liked Law and Order - I miss Jerry Orbach.

I hope you feel better soon, Trip.

Today is cool and sunny - I'll take that.

I am having a frustrating time just now trying to buy theatre tickets for my visit to the USA this week - I have even emailed a box office. I prefer repertory to musicals but love live theatre.

Enjoy the day.

Annie
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sunny and warm day here in NW GA.

Just got back from my routine doctor visit, inhaling coffee now. I hate not having my morning pot of coffee first thing. I could never fast for a long time.

Got home late yesterday afternoon from LaGrange and finishing most of the packing to move my Mom from 3 bedrooms to a 1 bedroom apt. It was a job.

My 2 sisters, Mother and I had to leave the packing on Wed. and drive to Hueytown, AL to go to my aunt's funeral.
When you drive into Hueytown they now have a sign "Home of the Alabama Gang", they all thought it was terrible to brag about being the hometown to a gang. Guess they are not Nascar fans.

Have a great day wherever you are today, spring is here.

Brenda
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Morning All! I am back, and the only good thing about that is that it is sunny here in Pictou County and the snow is all gone. Unfortunately, that sun is disguising a -7C temperature.

Doug, your morning commutes are always interesting to say the least.
I loved your Jimmy Buffett Volcano pic!

Trip, sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hope you get some relief soon!

Well, what to tell you about Cuba? I can't describe it in one word, so I will have to start on a review once I load all the photos and find some time.
I will tell you we had an AMAZING time, were pleasantly surprised by EVERYTHING, particularly the food and entertainment, and by Day 2 I already knew I wanted to come back next year!
Here's a couple pics. First is me on the beach on a Hobie Cat, and next is the incredible view from our balcony. Beyond the pool and the trees you can see the ocean. It looks far, but only a 5 min. walk.

donna
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
First Mate

A bright, sunny day here in NW Ohio. Temps to hit mid 60's F. I wish my mood could match the sunny day!

RD - beautiful pictures - more please!!

The rest of the week is to be rainy and has a doctor's appointment for me. No fun. Oh well, such is life.

Have a good day, all!

Old March 21st, 2011, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Morning all. I love the pics.

Trip, sorry you are still sick.

Donna, looks like a wonderful time. Glad you had fun.

Doug, I would not want your commute.

I manage to sleep late this morning since I did not get to yesterday morning.

It's quite pleasant outside. I need to try to spend some time out there today.

Have a good day all.
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning to Mr.Depp,etc. ,from warm but rainy NY
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning
On this first full day of spring its cloudy and making its way into the low 50’s, not bad but an appearance by the sun would be great. Later this week it’s going to be just cold!

Looking forward to our Florida trip in a couple of weeks, the palm trees and sun are calling my name!
Laura… we’ll be in your neck of the wood visiting an old friend of mine.

Trip…. Hope you start feeling better soon. I always keep zinc on hand, at the first sign of a cold I take it and for me it works well.

RD…. Oh those pictures look divine, the sand!!!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's the first ugly weather day in Arizona for some time. It's cool and windy this morning, and rain is forecast to move in later this morning

Worse yet, I'm comitted to playing in a golf tournament this afternoon.
Means putting on a rain suit, and being cold all day. I'm a fair weather golfer. If there's a wisp of wind I normally stay home
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Hi mates

Welcome back Donna. I knew that you would love Cuba. I know several people from Portugal and Italy who have visited Cuba and they all rave about their vacations.

I will go there eventually myself.

We are getting a blast of winter in my neck of the woods, so I am quite ready for my april cruise.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Good mroning all!

Geesh, Trip, I sure hope you feel better really quickly. You've been sick now for quite a few days. 'Bout time it ends!

The picks are gorgeous as usual Donna. Can't wait for your review. Gosh, how I'd like to visit Cuba. Sorry about the rain Kuki but at least they don't get that much in Arizona. Anyway, it makes everything grow so you should be getting more than your share of sand.

Maybe they got a tape of what happened at the station Ron. If so, you might find out on the evening news.

Gond to be a beautiful day here in upper East Tennessee with a high in the low to mid seventies.

Prayers and Blessings continue and hope everyone has a safe and propserous and where necessary, healing Monday.

Todd
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a partly sunny Texas. There's a light wind, and it is nice and cool.

I have been a busy beaver this morning. I have already watered the grass, cleaned most of the house, and worked out. I have now lost 29 lbs.

Sunday, Jim and I went shopping for for household stuff, and also some dumb bells for me to add to my work out.

Last night I bought tickets to the Texas race for Nascar. We are going with friends.

Doug, That is scary. Please be careful.

Trip, Get well soon. I know you must be sick of being sick.

RD welcome home. Liked your pictures and can't wait for the review.

bjm123 My HS English teacher was from LaGrange.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Morning All! I am back, and the only good thing about that is that it is sunny here in Pictou County and the snow is all gone. Unfortunately, that sun is disguising a -7C temperature.

Doug, your morning commutes are always interesting to say the least.
I loved your Jimmy Buffett Volcano pic!

Trip, sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hope you get some relief soon!

Well, what to tell you about Cuba? I can't describe it in one word, so I will have to start on a review once I load all the photos and find some time.
I will tell you we had an AMAZING time, were pleasantly surprised by EVERYTHING, particularly the food and entertainment, and by Day 2 I already knew I wanted to come back next year!
Here's a couple pics. First is me on the beach on a Hobie Cat, and next is the incredible view from our balcony. Beyond the pool and the trees you can see the ocean. It looks far, but only a 5 min. walk.

donna
Did you meet Fidel and Raul ?
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It was a nice Sunday. The kids came over for Sunday dinner and I made a leg of lamb and we all had a great time and even had a long walk after dinner. The grandkids on their bikes and the old folks walking off a big dinner. Of course, the majority of the talk was about the upcoming June cruise.

There is nothing on the agenda for today. There isn't enough wash to make it worthwhile and the house was cleaned on Saturday and I'm still waiting for my CPU cooler for my laptop so I can't do taxes. That means it's a do nothing day and not feel guilty doing it.

Donna: I'm glad you had a good time in Cuba and welcome home.

To everyone: Have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike (Who is now going to add a countdown clock to my signature)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am feeling a little more human after getting a good night's sleep last night finally. I hate not being able to sleep at night. Oh it is exhausting.

The weather is finally becoming more springlike. I have a strong desire to run outside and start cleaning up the yard and get things in order to start planting stuff soon. I still have part of a fence line that needs pulled. I got about half of it done last spring but alas, the other half I left behind is still there. Surprise! ha!

I spent a lot of time walking last week while in Alabama and then yesterday played hostess in a local restaurant, which gave me an opportunity to get more exercise. Luckily my feet no longer hurt too much today but some under utilized leg muscles are now protesting. Its funny how I am now using muscles that I never used before because of the way my feet and calf muscles were screwed up so bad before the surgery. So now I have to build up muscles that were never used before.

The kids are having a tough time getting back into their school work after taking last week off to learn out in the field. There's lots of stalling, snack and potty breaks going on around here.

I am thrilled that we only have about 3 weeks worth of math left to do before the kids are ready to move on to the next grade level. I think we are going to move slowly into the next grade level with math and spend an hour or so each week day this summer working on handwriting, punctuation and the like just because I have found this is severely lacking when the vast majority of our schoolwork is computer based. I am very pleased with how well they are doing and want to keep the momentum going.

My thoughts and prayers going out to all those folks suffering in Japan and those who have loved ones there. What a terrible tragedy with no end in sight right now.

Hope you all have a great week.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Default Monday: Where's the Dislike Button?

Good morning, and a sunny one, too, after a major storm. Lots of downed power lines, fallen trees, floods, etc. No problems at our house, thank heaven.

Donna, the pics were lovely. I, too, can't wait for the review. Must have been an interesting trip.

And speaking of Trip, I hope you feel better soon.

And speaking of the sick list, my shoulder makes doing anything, including lifting a cup of coffee, a painful task. I hope a cortesone shot will remedy that and not an orthopedic surgeon.

I lost a pair of diamond stud earrings, looked everywhere all day Sunday, and finally found them. What a relief!

Hav a good day, people.

Judy
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
First Mate

Beautiful day here in Central Florida. Starting my 2nd week of having all the windows open 24/7 and no A/C or heat running (My budget loves the months of March and October, occasionally November). Living on a 2nd floor apt I can get away with that of course.
Anyhoo, Mondays are actually my "Wednesdays" since my days off every week are Th/Fr. Tho this week its my Thursday as well, since I took Wednesday off also.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:15 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from the Emerald Princess. We are in Antigua today. Haven't gotten off the ship as we enjoy the days when we have the pool area mostly to ourselves. We spent the morning down by the warm water pool at the Sanctuary. It's nice that they don't charge extra to use it. Only 10 chairs around that pool so it feels like a luxury when you get a couple of them.

Trip, I sure hope you start feeling better soon.

Take care all.
Phyll
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Did you meet Fidel and Raul ?
Henry43, no I did not. Apparently they are completely sequestered from the public with heavy security. People who have lived there all their lives have never seen him/them.

By the way, you're looking an awful lot like Lionel Ritchie these days...

donna
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Default Lionel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Henry43, no I did not. Apparently they are completely sequestered from the public with heavy security. People who have lived there all their lives have never seen him/them.

By the way, you're looking an awful lot like Lionel Ritchie these days...

donna
Actually there are 2 people in the picture ,my daughter and her friend who I guess resembles Lionel .Since I never post family pictures I cropped her out .