Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Default Is it Wednesday Already?

Morning Mates, I really had to think about it this morning, what day it is, my brain is still in Cuba!
I got busy with the review last night, and glad to see everyone is enjoying it so far. I will try to get Day 2 up before I go to work today. It will be continued in the same thread to avoid having different parts all over the place.....

Yesterday I handed out prizes to my school kids for an Activitiy Challenge they did for the past month. They were required to record the number of minutes/hours of physical activity they did every day for 3 weeks.
That included things like hockey practice, skating lessons, swimming lessons, ballet, dog walking, snow shoveling, etc. in addition to the gym activities, sledding, and the Pilates and Yoga we do with them after school.
My winner logged a total of 70 hours ! At least some of today's kids are fit and active!

Time for some breakfast. where's that buffet when I need it?.....

donna
Old March 23rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and to others who will join us later.
Great review about Cuba!

With all those beautiful places in the Caribbean and here I am in Ct. waiting for another snowstorm.
have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The sun is out,and I am off to the dr. I had an appt. yesterday, but, I thought I was a bit better, and I am really, but, still not well, so, I made another.

They say we are getting snow, but, at the end of March, who cares, it'll be gone before we know it.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Admiral

I know how you feel Manuel. We came home to NO snow, but it is still very cold, and I'm not convinced we are done with the snow just yet!

donna
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning R/D, Manuel, Trip and all who follow.

It dawned a glorious Spring morning here in upper East Tennessee but alas, it's not going to last. Thunderstorms and rain are forecast for later one through the next day or two with today's projected high of 72F dropping with lows in the upper thirties and lower forties and highs forecast in the mid to upper fifties.

Glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday.

Physically I'm fine (except for the D - mned Atrial Fib) which so far today seems to be somewhat in check.

Will admit I had a pretty rough day yesterday with rather severe depression but that is to be expected. I seem to be coming along alright thanks to that drug Celexa. Don't have any idea what set it off but I think I'm better today. I take each day as it comes.

Church on the agenda today. It's the same "Healing Service" that Fran and I attended virtually every week.

Hope you'uns in the northeast don't get that much snow although they're calling for a foot around my old stomping grounds in Albany.

Can't wait to get into your review Donna as soon as I sign off from this post.

Prayers and Blessings continue for all.

Todd
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning all

Cool and sunny day here.

I hope you feel better soon Trip - it seems to be dragging its feet.

I am flying Friday - so I better think of looking out a suitcase.

The just in case medical pack I carry is ridiculous - but my philosophy is if I have it - I won't need it.

Enjoy the day

Annie
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Up too early! Someone else booked the golf for today and I have to be there by 8AM

At this time of year in the desert the morning temps are only about 50, and rise through the day, reaching their high closer to 4 PM. Bottom line, I have to wear too much clothings to play this early

Welcome home to RD and James.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

It's nice and warm outside although partly cloudy. Went out and played with the puppies after feeding/watering them. They are growing like weeds. We are having a battle on which ones to keep and which ones to give away. I'm about at the point that I want to say to give them all away. The teen wants to keep one, I want to keep another, and OH wants to keep yet another. OH and I are all right with having three but the teen only wants to keep the one she wants. I told her she was being selfish. Plus, there is the possibility that they would all have to go live in the country at some point. The one OH wants to keep will deffo go to the country in a few months. I don't want to get any more attached to the one I love and have to send him out there later. ( I moved when I took my dad, and I'll move again when he passes, and I may not have a place for a large dog when I move.) Then there is the issue of the teen being a junior in high school. She'll be going to college, and I don't want to be stuck with an overgrown house dog (which is what she wants to make her dog.)

Kuki, 50s sounds like nice playing weather to me.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,

It is a gorgeous day here temps already up to 61. The sun is shining in spite of the fact according to the forecast it should be raining. In a bit I am going to put my tennis shoes on and throw open the windows and start some more spring cleaning. I love, love, love spring! Hasta la bye bye winter!

I mentioned a potential opportunity presenting itself yesterday and I think I made it through the first phase, now waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope to know more later this week, maybe early next week. Hope it works out so I can share it with all of you. I am terrible at keeping secrets.

Not much else happening here. Todd glad to hear the meds are working and the bad days are getting fewer and far between.

Happy Hump Day to all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 23rd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning
It's cold outside!!! Looking foward to Florida in just a few weeks!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the "Heavy Slush" Capitol (spelled it right today) of the U.S.

It is a mess. We had about 6" of some sort of frozen liquid. It isn't snow. It isn't ice but it is nasty. It is basically the consistency of a Slurpee or some sort of fu fu drink. It is almost impossible to blow and if the temp drops much lower it will turn into one giant chunk of ice. Yuck!!!! It is still "snowshing" but it is supposed to end by this afternoon.

I don't know what I'll do today so I'll let the day (or Betty) dictate what happens.

One last thing. Yesterday we went to Costco and I of course I saw a chocolate candy in the junk food area. It was dark chocolate covered mango caramel with sea salt. This was one of the best chocolates I've ever had. The entire box is now gone because Betty and I (mostly I) couldn't stop eating them. If the weather wasn't so nasty I would command (good luck with that) Betty to drive me to Costco to buy more. They were only $3.97 a box.

Donna: It's interesting to see you Cuba AI pictures and read about your time there. It looks like you had fun. The place looks very similar to the RIU we stayed at.

I hope everyone has a great day and can do something fun!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Default Is It Wednesday Already?

Good morning, and yes, it's Wednesday. The sun is shining but more rain is expected.

I had a cortesone shot on Monday for my tendonitis and will start physical therapy on Tuesday. I'm hoping that the pain will finally for away.

Keith had a stroke of luck at the dentist. They didn't charge him for the new crown because they had put in the one that broke. Maybe that will help make up for the last time I went there, and it cost $500.

Time to have breakfast and a cup of coffee.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old March 23rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Snowville ,NY