Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Scotty may have a career as a CW artist ,thats about it.
Old April 29th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennc View Post
Scotty reminds me of Howdy Doody, Please send him home!!!!!!!
HA! You're absolutely correct! I knew he reminded me of someone, but I couldn't put my finger on it! Now when he comes on stage, I'll be looking for the strings!

"SKY"
Old April 29th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Scotty may have a career as a CW artist ,thats about it.
I'm not even sure a full music career is in his lifeplan, just a pipe dream. He's got small town feelings and close ties to those roots, not sure how he'd survive life on the road.
We've all noticed his body movements never change. I don't think he really wants to win the title and be locked into their long term contract.
As for James, it was pitiful how they allowed that lighting behind him to give him those red ears, so sorry.
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

well, i can't speak for the other ladies, but i just find James absolutely irresistable!!1 Don't know why..just something about him. that vulnerable little boy face. PLUS THE MAN CAN SING!!!!!!!
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:58 PM
Admiral

As I previously posted ,James will be the next Steven Talarico .My hope is that he gets to tour with Steven's band .
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:13 PM
Admiral

In my opinion, Steven is not that great of a singer. I'm not a "rocker" but I doubt rockers love his music. I think they are more of a pop band, but what do I know? I think they just got lucky with some good top 40 songs.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
Admiral

I was never a fan of Steven Tallarico .However ,his band would be in my top 1000 of all time.
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Are you friggin kidding me

:evil::evil::evil::evil:
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree CruiseQueen. I haven't been this furious since the Adam lambert fiasco. I was so looking forward to the finale...seeing James in his home town, hearing his 3 songs. Now i couldn't care less. I have had it with American idol.
Old May 12th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Admiral

At every thursday night show when the results were about to be given ,haley never stopped smiling ,james had the face of death .

I am rooting for Haley to be the AI for 3 reasons .The primary is that she is a GREAT singer .
Old May 13th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Admiral

How can you be furious about the public voting? It isn't who is best who stays on, it's the ones with the most votes. The judges have no control. If they did, then I'd be furious too. I thought james had a good chance to stay. Over time, he won me over as versatile and he LOVES life and people. I thought Haley would go by a margin due to her first songs 2 weeks in a row being terrible. James apparantly thinks his music career is over, not true. Now he'll be free to sign any contract he chooses, the idol who wins won't be able to do anything as he'll have to abide by Idol contracts. Except for getting knocked off, James is the lucky one.
Old May 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
At every thursday night show when the results were about to be given ,haley never stopped smiling ,james had the face of death .

I am rooting for Haley to be the AI for 3 reasons .The primary is that she is a GREAT singer .

Henry, i don't really undersetand your comment? Are you upset that she was smiling as James was eliminated?

It was a tough decision, and in the end, the American people voted. I think that all four were strong competitors but someone has to go home. For all we know, he coudl have lost by 1 vote. In the end, I think they will all go on to great careers. I wasn't a fan of Haley early on, but I think she has come a long way vocally and with the right coaching she coudl be a star.

Remember Kelly Clarkson? She was a sleeper too, and suddnely took off in the last few weeks.

I was WOWED last night by Jordan Sparks. She has come a long way. I wasn't crazy about the song, but I'm sure it will get played to death on the radio, and I will be singing "I AM WOMAN" before long. I was uber-impressed with her confidence and stage presence. It was like seeign Beyonce on stage. I didn't get it when she won, but she's proven to have done well for herself. I had to laugh at the video montage prior to her performance. I knew all of those songs, I just didnt' know she sang them. I would have pegged her as someone who faded away after winning AI.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Admiral

I was not wowed by Jordan Sparks at all . By Haley smiling she showed that this is just a competition not a life and death struggle . I am rooting for Haley to win .
Old May 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Admiral

I loved Jordan's performance and new song. Wow she lost alot of weight and looks great.....

Pia and James should have been in the finals....
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Pia is a terrific singer .She received $100 ,000 to sing at a wedding last week .She has a great career ahead of her . I am partial because she and I come from close proximity to each other .

James has a chance to be the next best Steven Talarico . Or he may be the next Ryan Starr .The latter is rumored to be touring with the revamped Queen .
Old May 14th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Admiral

Just bumped into the article about Pia's gig on May 8. It said she turned down the initial offer of $50,000. So, as each singer is eliminated, there's the smell of money in the air. James will be fine without the title, and likely better off without AI contract restrictions.

Last edited by ruthlessboss; May 14th, 2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: wrong date
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Quote:
As I previously posted ,James will be the next Steven Talarico .My hope is that he gets to tour with Steven's band .
There is only one Steven Tyler period! I love James but in no way will he ever, ever, be on the same level as Steven! Were talking over a 40 year career. You will never see a concert like an Aerosmith show!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 14th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Default Aerosmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
There is only one Steven Tyler period! I love James but in no way will he ever, ever, be on the same level as Steven! Were talking over a 40 year career. You will never see a concert like an Aerosmith show!

I have been to more concerts that I can count from 1959 to 2010 . Aerosmith as a band does not make my top 500 of all time .
I predict that if James gets proper representation his band may rank in the same realm as Nirvana and Metallica .

If you are into Aerosmith I recommend that you check out the music publication 21st.Century Rock .
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
In my opinion, Steven is not that great of a singer. I'm not a "rocker" but I doubt rockers love his music. I think they are more of a pop band, but what do I know? I think they just got lucky with some good top 40 songs.
They got lucky?are you kidding me! With all due respect you have no idea when it come to the band. They also are not a pop band but a true rock band.

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 15th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Aerosmith is a rock band similiar to KISS . They are not a classic rock band such as CSN ,Jefferson Airplane ,Pink Floyd .
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

[QUOTE=Henry43;1371078]Aerosmith is a rock band similiar to KISS . They are not a classic rock band such as CSN ,Jefferson Airplane ,Pink Floyd .[/QUOTE

Henry my friend..... See them in concert and then you tell me that aerosmith isn't classic rock! AEROSMITH is one thing I know. I have followed them since I was 12 and have seen them in concert more time than I can count and have meet Steven, Joe, Tom, Brad and Joey. These guy are clasic rock! They also do the blues very well.

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Admiral

I didn't mean to offend AG! As I said, this is not my genre, but I put them in the class of GNR ....their songs are generally top40 which in my mind puts them more into the pop genre than true rock.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 15th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
I didn't mean to offend AG! As I said, this is not my genre, but I put them in the class of GNR ....their songs are generally top40 which in my mind puts them more into the pop genre than true rock.
No offence taken at all, itís all in fun. You should however listen to the old stuff like last Child, Draw the Line, songs they did back in the 70ís. I know some of stuff they did in the 90ís were more like pop more than classic rock but their pretty much good old rock. Like I did mention they do the blues very well also. They are a very talented group of guys who all play numerous instruments as well as song writing.

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 15th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Admiral

I will say this, other than his love of Jacob Lusk, I quite like Steven as an AI judge. I thought all the judges, especially Steven, were out to lunch on that one. I wish Simon were there only so somone could have been the voice of reason!

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 15th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Admiral

IMHO , Steven Talarico is a terrible judge . I don't think much of him as a soloist . I will give him 4 at most really good songs .

I should add that one of my children "worships" him as a singer .
Old May 18th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Default AEROSMITH revisited

[QUOTE=Aerogirl;1371087]
Quote:
Aerosmith is a rock band similiar to KISS . They are not a classic rock band such as CSN ,Jefferson Airplane ,Pink Floyd .[/QUOTE

Henry my friend..... See them in concert and then you tell me that aerosmith isn't classic rock! AEROSMITH is one thing I know. I have followed them since I was 12 and have seen them in concert more time than I can count and have meet Steven, Joe, Tom, Brad and Joey. These guy are clasic rock! They also do the blues very well.
We had a power failure today . Since I could not be on line ,watch TV or go out in the pouring rain I found my old portable radio ,put in new batteries and listened to music . One of the stations was doing an Aerosmith tribute . I wish to amend my earlier statements and include the band in my top 200 .
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Admiral

Default HALEY :May 18

Haley was fantastic tonight (Wednesday) .Song one with her guitar playing father on stage .Songs two and three were great .
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Who knows what will happen tonight!!! The quality of the finalists this year can't be beat. Could it be the increase of coaching going on this year? That being said, WHO KNOWS how the public will vote.
Some past winners should not have been the winners. Did I hear James already has a contract? I missed that announcement except a slight blurb.
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Jimmy Iovine will sign Pia .James with 100% certainty will have a record deal .
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Haley was fantastic tonight (Wednesday) .Song one with her guitar playing father on stage .Songs two and three were great .

I actually didn't/don't care for Haley. I find she screams. I didn't like her rendition of Stevie Nicks at all. She mumbled through many of the words. I really don't like her stage presence either. I think she needs figure out who she is ..... she rolls around between "I want to be a rocker" and "I wanted to be a jazz/blues singer". She needs an image makeover and some singing lessons. Put her in a cocktail dress and give her something jazzy/bluesy to sing, and I get it. I don't buy her apple-pie cutesy looks and fancy dress, signing a rocksong. She's too "clean" for a rocker image. Her look to me screams private school preppy.

Lauren I thought was amazing. Unfortunately, I think she and Scotty will split the country vote.

Weirdly, Scotty McCreepy is growing on me. I didnt' know he was only 16. Maybe with some coaching on stage presentation, he will have a good career ahead of him.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991