Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

"Scotty McCreepy" hahahahahahah! I'm so over him!

It should have been Haley and James in the final with Haley winning so James could have a great career! Speaking of James, he was on Regis and Kelly and Ellen DeGeneres this week and he ROCKED!!!!!!!
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Default Prep school ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
I actually didn't/don't care for Haley. I find she screams. I didn't like her rendition of Stevie Nicks at all. She mumbled through many of the words. I really don't like her stage presence either. I think she needs figure out who she is ..... she rolls around between "I want to be a rocker" and "I wanted to be a jazz/blues singer". She needs an image makeover and some singing lessons. Put her in a cocktail dress and give her something jazzy/bluesy to sing, and I get it. I don't buy her apple-pie cutesy looks and fancy dress, signing a rocksong. She's too "clean" for a rocker image. Her look to me screams private school preppy.

Lauren I thought was amazing. Unfortunately, I think she and Scotty will split the country vote.

Weirdly, Scotty McCreepy is growing on me. I didnt' know he was only 16. Maybe with some coaching on stage presentation, he will have a good career ahead of him.
Haley is the daughter of Patti Miller and Harry Reinhart .They personify rock .I doubt very much that she ever saw the inside of a prep school . I see her as a combination of Stevie Nicks ,Janis Ian ,JoAnne Phillips and Grace Slick .IMHO she may just surpass them.
Scotty can ONLY sing one genre of music ,Country .Laurin has a broader range but I see her as a Miranda Lambert and if so she will have a nice career .
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Default Haley and James

Quote:
Originally Posted by hez View Post

It should have been Haley and James in the final with Haley winning so James could have a great career! Speaking of James, he was on Regis and Kelly and Ellen DeGeneres this week and he ROCKED!!!!!!!
IMO it should have been Pia and Haley with Pia winning . The majority of music reviewers feel that Haley was the best last night ,Scotty second and Laurin third with laurin leaving tonight .

However,stranger things have happened .There is no way that Adam Lambert should have lost and no way that Lee DeWyze should have won last year .
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Haley is the daughter of Patti Miller and Harry Reinhart .They personify rock .I doubt very much that she ever saw the inside of a prep school . I see her as a combination of Stevie Nicks ,Janis Ian ,JoAnne Phillips and Grace Slick .IMHO she may just surpass them.
Scotty can ONLY sing one genre of music ,Country .Laurin has a broader range but I see her as a Miranda Lambert and if so she will have a nice career .
I don't care who her parents are, and quite honestly, i've never heard of them. I'm no marketting expert, but her "look" doesn't work. It's not all about the voice or the talent [both of which I feel she is lacking in]. It's about selling records (or CD's or downloads of itunes). If the public doesn't "Get" you, they are not going to buy your music. You need more than talent to make it in the music business. I think the only reason she's gone as far as she did, is because Lauren and Scotty are splitting the country vote.

This is also helping her (hey, it's how Taylor won!):

Vote for the Worst

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Oh Lordy, this what they had to say about Haley at votefortheworst:

Haley Reinhart made us proud by being the only non-boring part of the entire top 3 show. While everyone else sang ballads or looked bored, she put on her sassy stoner face, fell on the stage, made love to a wind machine, and forgot her words. This girl just does whatever she wants and doesn't care what anyone thinks - that's what we love. So we need to reward her with a spot in the finale. Scotty and Lauren have big fanbases, so let's vote overtime for our growling girl.

I also had to "wince" at the change in lyrics with You Oughta Know. If you're going to sing a song with risque lyrics, sing the darned lyrics! I know they have censors to contend with, but if you can't sing a song the way it was written, sing another song!

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 19th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Default Difference of opinion

[QUOTE=Queen of Oakville;1371878]I don't care who her parents are, and quite honestly, i've never heard of them. I'm no marketting expert, but her "look" doesn't work. It's not all about the voice or the talent [both of which I feel she is lacking in]. It's about selling records (or CD's or downloads of itunes). If the public doesn't "Get" you, they are not going to buy your music. You need more than talent to make it in the music business. I think the only reason she's gone as far as she did, is because Lauren and Scotty are splitting the country vote.

This is also helping her (hey, it's how Taylor won!):

Vote for the Worst

I've been listening to music for more than 60 years .I reviewed new artists for Warner Brothers in the 70's .A friend of mine publishes the highest circulating music magazine in the world . I am a contributor to an online music board .People I associate with all believe that Haley has the potential to be a great singer .
Old May 19th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Admiral

Default Once again ,a total farce

Quote:
Originally Posted by hez View Post

Haley lost ,as did Pia ,James ,Adam Lambert and so many more .

The only good singing winners were Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson .
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Admiral

Not a fan of Haley, I think it was her time to go.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 20th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Admiral

Default Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Not a fan of Haley, I think it was her time to go.
She is from a Chicago suburb
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Likely an Idol first. Finalists are 16 and 17. Both are good, but not heartstopping, they "just sing".
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Admiral

I too, didn't care for "Screamin' Haley" and thought it was her time to hit the trail,,,,and, oh yes,,,,I too have been a professional musician/singer for over 50 years.

"SKY"
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Scotty all the way. I perdicted him to be in the finals from the beginning. I like his deep voice. Here comes him to Nashvile.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Admiral

all we can do is vote for our favorites and hope for the best. Lauren has the stronger vocals, but lacks maturity i don't see her as the headliner for the tour, she needs to be groomed for a couple of years and then watch out. Scotty has more stage presence, charisma, and crowd interaction- he has all the makings of a young Garth Brooks
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
She is from a Chicago suburb
I'm from Chicago and I'm a Packers fan!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb View Post
Scotty all the way. I perdicted him to be in the finals from the beginning. I like his deep voice. Here comes him to Nashvile.
He's a nice change from all of the other winners. I'm happy with either one of them winning.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 20th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I've been listening to music for more than 60 years .I reviewed new artists for Warner Brothers in the 70's .A friend of mine publishes the highest circulating music magazine in the world . I am a contributor to an online music board .People I associate with all believe that Haley has the potential to be a great singer .

Henry, I'm not sure how to respond to that? You've led quite the life, are very accomplished and have an impressive circle of friends ... is that what you want me to say?

While the people you associate with all believe that Haley is better singer, you're obviously in the minority.

Even with Lauren and Scotty splitting the country vote, they still each beat out Haley.

Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Default Queen

While the people you associate with all believe that Haley is better singer, you're obviously in the minority.

Even with Lauren and Scotty splitting the country vote, they still each beat out Haley.[/QUOTE]

Your comments about Haley are what people said about Janis Joplin in the 60's .Now she is considered to be among the greatest singers ever .

Laurin and Scotty received the teenybopper vote . Laurin is the one I am rooting for now .She can sing more than one genre of music ,whereas Scotty is limited to country.
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Admiral

I can't say Haley was my favorite, but she took on and performed what Scotty and Lauren would never be able to do. Scotty will likely be a household name. But, that being said, I doubt if either is fully emotionally mature for what's going to happen to them. They can say it's been their DREAM, but it's too bad that dream couldn't come later when they've experienced life a little more. They are still fully bonded to HOME and need to continue the steps nature intended to get to maturity. They are leaving friends, school, proms,and other teen activities with the friends they grew up with.
That is the part I hate to see.
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Admiral

I totally agree with the last post .