Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good morning and TGIF

Good morning to all the Cruisemates and all the ships at sea.

It was an almost sleepless night and I blame it all on Typhoid Betty. She stayed home from work yesterday because her cold had become full blown. I had been doing fine until around 2:00 a.m. this morning when I woke up with a head that felt like it was ready to explode. Neither of us has slept much since.

My sister arrived late yesterday afternoon. I made a decent dinner of shrimp scampi. She will be here for the five or six days. She and her husband are easy guests who make themselves at home and don't expect to be waited on. That's a good thing because the way we are feeling we probably aren't going to be the best hosts. They will use our place for a home base and visit their kids and grandkids around the Twin Cities area.

Today is just going to be a "Try and Rest" day and nothing on the schedule.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Morning Mike, and all to follow.
Sorry you and Betty are not feeling well, it's like this winter and its germs just keep dragging on. I was feeling pretty crummy myself yesterday, as if I was coming down with something, but so far, nothing major thank goodness!

Speaking of winter dragging on, we woke this morning to a winter wonderland once again. It is still snowing, and we were not supposed to get any of this, it was all supposed to go to Newfoundland, but they were wrong again.

Well, maybe the kids will get their wish and we can go sledding again this afternoon. They have been disappointed with the bare grass and mud and not being able to go out....

I'm looking forward to tonight when I can return to my Pilates class after work, and following that, attend a "Kitchen Party" at our favourite pub.
This is an informal gathering of local musicians who just whoop it up, playing and singing with everyone joining in. Should be fun!

donna
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Admiral

good morning all. Sunny but chilly here in mass. Mike hope you and Betty get better soon, its been a tough season for colds, richard and i have been throwing a cold back and forth for over a month, finally had a chance to disinfect the house the other day, opened the windows, washed the bed linens and sprayed everything down with lysol, hopefully that will help.
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mike and Donna and others to follow.

Mike, I hope that you feel better soon.

Donna. enjoy the snow. I would rather have tropical weather. The fact is that it's still quite cool here and spring is AWOL.

Have a nice day people.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Captain

Winter is back...doesn't it read the calendar! A very cold morning with lots of frost. Forecast is for 2 to 4 inches of that white stuff by Sunday AM.
I was suppose to be kidless today but a call at 6:30 am changed the plan. I ended up with two. Daddy got called out to work on his day off and Mommy had to work also. Put one on the bus to school and the other is spending the day here. We will be heading to Ashland, Ky shortly for one of the last times I will have to go for D/H. The sale of his business in only weeks away if we can get all the paperwork done. Who knew it would take this long. Retirement keeps being postponed for him.
We have a full weekend of square dancing on the agenda. Tonight is Columbus, Ohio, tomorrow evening Greenville, Ohio then Sunday afternoon Springfield, Ohio. Glad I get really good gas milage on the Chevy HHR!
Mike, sorry to hear that you and Betty have found the crud. It is still going around here with many folks still getting it. Hope it passes quick.

Everyone have a good day and stay warm. Prayers to all in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning
BRRRR its cold outside!! Average temps should be around 55 not 25! Not much doing today D/H & D/S are having dinner with the guys tonight and picking their cubs games tickets. Their season owners and split the season between the four of them so they get together each year for dinner and do their picks.
Remember kidís flu season is at its peak right now so be proactive.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Mike, I hope you can rest some today and that the cold will be short lived.

I want to thank you all for the compassion yesterday. My daughter spent the day with her boyfriend and other friends. She came in not wanting to talk, so I am patiently waiting for her to do so. It's difficult to feel helpless, but I know she will come to me in her own time.

I am sorry for others who have had bad news recently or who have lost loved ones. It's a difficult thing.

I had planned on taking dad for a ride in his wheelchair around the neighborhood today but got up this morning and it was so cold in here that I turned the heat on. I guess getting out for him will have to wait. More housework in store for me and maybe a trip to the store.

My dog Spot seems to understand Daylight Savings Time. I take her for two walks a day during warm weather months. I never have a set time to begin each year, it just starts with me taking her out one warm evening. Well, the day after DST began this year she started bugging me in the evening. It took me a day or two to figure out that she expected to go for a walk! My baby is one smart and very spoiled girl.
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Almost perfect weather in Scottsdale. Not so hot I need to turn on the air, and not so cold to turn on the heat. Just lovely mid 70s temps until next week.

I've only got two weeks left until I head home to Canada (though I'm coming back here 11 days later, to get my golf clubs, before heading to LA for my Crystal golf cruise).

Waiting around today to hear if my jalopy got it's new engine put in, as scheduled. May just spend the day waiting on the patio perch watching the golfers go by.

Mikey.. hope you and Betty ditch the "C -o-d" really quickly.
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning and TGIF

A rainy good morning to you all. 'Twould be a good day just to stay in bed.

Mike, I hope you and Betty feel better soon.

Some coffee would be good, and I need to get breakfast started so taht Keith can go to the gym.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old March 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone. I have been busy this morning, so I am late in posting.

We are warm, and breezy here. The temps are going up to the high 80's to low 90's this afternoon.

I got out in the yard this morning, to water, and to check and see what we need to do, to take care of the weeds.

Yesterday, I colored my hair. I have been using the wash in stuff since I started coloring, but it has been discontinued, so I had to get the hard core stuff. Well, that was not good. It is way to dark, and I look like I have a black cat sitting on my head. I am hoping that I can wash it later and get it to lighten a little.

Mike, I am sorry you and Betty are not feeling well.

I hope all of you are having a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 25th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from warm and very sunny NY
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Admiral

Twas a busy day for me. I cleaned the floors, they went to the beauty parlor to have my hair cut and dyed, then resumed cleaning after I got back. In the evening, Rob and I went to a friend's seventy-fifth birthday party. Her daughter's family flew in from Atlanta and really surprised her! Rob and I just got home from the party and Rob is already in bed. Being the night owl that I am, I am watching television and catching up on email. Hope all my cruisemate friends had a great day!