Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning in New York !!!!

Good morning from New Orleans..the Mega Million 300M+ jackpot was won by someone in New York and 4 tickets from New York had all the numbers except the red ball which means they won either 250K or 1M...so I'm quite sure Saturday morning looks pretty good in my former home state:o

only plans today are to watch NCAA March Madness some of which is being played out in New Orleans

have a great day to all of my fellow cruisemates..only 210 days left before I am on the Carnival Valor for Capital Jazz SuperCruise 5..I'm really excited because it was announced yesterday that Chante Moore will be performing..she is one of my alltime favorite singers and in my mind one of the most beautiful women ever, so I'm hoping my cabin is next to hers and she leaves her husband at home
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Cold and sunny in beantown,and I guess I will have to check our ticket to see how far away form the winning numvers we are

I am off to work today, after 11 days of being under the weather, I am still not up to snuff, but good enough to head out.

Tomorrow, we head down the Cape early, to drop off my baubles at the boutique,and visit with our longtime friends. Elaine will be traveling with me to Europe,and after this weeks money, and restroom thread, plus other things, we have a lot to chat about!

Make it a good one..ps Venice you sly dawg you!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 26th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, from a cold and sunny Pictou County. We had way too much snow yesterday, completely covered once again, and enough for the kids to go sledding in the afternoon. The temps are staying freezing too, at -5 this morning. What happened to spring?

I had a private Pilates class after work yesterday, I was the only one who showed up!
Didn't make it to the Kitchen Party unfortunately, because James came down with the "creeping crud" yesterday and was really not feeling well.
So I spent my evening working on Day 4 Part 2, and loading more pics in the gallery. Part 5 hopefully coming up today....

donna
Old March 26th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful spring in Texas. We are going into the 90's today, and no rain in the forcast.

This morning is a new first for me. I am cooking Turkey bacon for breakfast. It sure does look different, but smells good. With it, I am fixing boiled eggs. Should be a good breakfast. I have now lost 31 lbs.

Not much planned for today.

I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 26th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning
I believe Mother Mature is slightly confused, March came in like a lamb but and out like a lion.
A cold and cloudy day yet once again in these parts and my Florida trip is just under three weeks away and to me it seems so far off. Well I know I didnít win the jackpot because if I did I would be sitting here at the computer.

D/H & D/S scored their Cubs tickets last night and are very pleased with most of the game. Their first is April 2nd hopefully they wonít have to wear their snowsuits! They are indeed happy to get the Sox vs. Cubs on July 3rd, itís the cross town classics. Not much else. Stay warm!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well its another busy weekend here in Indiana. The sun is shining, but it is still kind of cold out and we're not supposed to get another warm up until next weekend. Oh well at least the inch or two of snow they were predicting didn't show up.

Venice keep an eye on our Butler kids down in NOLA. Make sure they are behaving and stay safe. Some of my Sunday School Girls are there since they are in the pep band. Go Dawgs!

I have the desire to go and do something with my hair today... just not sure what. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Well music lessons are in a little bit, better get moving. Have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! WOW describes our weather in Scottsdale this morning. Talking to Mrs. Kuki at home last night she said it was the PITs.. more snow, and it was cold. I told her it was the PITS here too... because it was dark

Temps today going to sneak towards 80. I got my jalopy back yesterday from the service station, with the rebuilt engine, and it was purring very nicely on the way home. Hope it lasts and is worth my reivestment in it.

This morning I'm heading to watch my grand nephew's T ball game, and then a golf game at a course I've never played before, which is fun.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Woke up to a headache this morning. I'm going to have a full house today so I'm planning on doing as little as possible. It's cloudy, cool, and misting rain off and on. We had planned yardwork today, which is no longer happening. The puppies are all piled up in their doghouse. They came out for breakfast and then went back in to take a nap. We have two large food bowls for them. I put the food in both but they were all attempting to eat out of one. I usually pick a couple of them up and put in front of the other bowl but it was a little too wet this morning. I stood and watched them from the window fight over the one bowl. Silly little rascals.
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Well the plague has subsided to a degree and I feel almost human this morning. Betty is also feeling a bit better but still has the congestion and her foot is hurting a bit.

This evening we are going to see our godson play with the Kenwood Symphony Orchestra. It is an off shoot of the Minnesota Symphony Orchestra and plays at different venues. My godson is 13 years old and is quite a prodigy. They will be playing his own composition and he will be featured on piano. Of course he learned everything from me..................NOT!

Otherwise it will just be some visiting with my sister and enjoying a sunny day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and a great Saturday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

Tomorrow, we head down the Cape early, to drop off my baubles at the boutique,and visit with our longtime friends. Elaine will be traveling with me to Europe,and after this weeks money, and restroom thread, plus other things, we have a lot to chat about!
My DW and I would love to find out where your creations are sold. We do have plans to visit the Cape in late spring or early summer.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Good morning from a beautiful spring in Texas. We are going into the 90's today, and no rain in the forcast.

This morning is a new first for me. I am cooking Turkey bacon for breakfast. It sure does look different, but smells good. With it, I am fixing boiled eggs. Should be a good breakfast. I have now lost 31 lbs.

Not much planned for today.

I hope all of you have a good one.

Luanne

Keep up the good work Luanne! Sticking to a sensible diet takes a lot of determination and will power but it's so rewarding when you see the results.
keep us posted!
Jackie
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Luanne..turkey bacon (which I have eaten for years now) is an acquired taste, but once your system and taste buds get use to it, you can never eat regular bacon again..so if husband/son don't like it at first (i didn't), tell them to try it about 3X before they pass final judgement on it..healthwise it's much better..when I am on my annual cruise and have regular bacon from the breakfast buffet, my system knows that difference and reacts accordingly

BW..on the 5 pm news last night they showed a bunch of Sunday School girls from the pep ban for Butler, partying in the French Quarter at 0300 am and then at Cafe DuMonde having benigns..they are safe and happy and will be singing at my Church on Sundaythey also appear to have a lot of Mardi Gras beads so you might quiz them about their N.O. adventure next week at Bible Study
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning in New York

Good morning, everybody. A nice sunny day here. No rain last night, for a change, but one more storm tonight. Then we get our own 80's temps.

Keith has long since gone to Riverside to work on the Wright Flyer Project. I think they will put the engine in the plane today.

I have the whole day ahead of me and no plans. We'll see . . .

Judy
Old March 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Thank you Jackie... I pulled out the Ab Lounger I bought several years ago, and never used. The directions had been lost years ago, so I used my Wii control and did 10 minutes. Probably 100 reps. Made myself sick at my stomach, and dissy. I have never had sea sickness, but it must have been like that. I am better now. I went on line a few minutes ago, to look for directions. It says not to do to much, and no more than 20 reps. OOPS!!

Abs are going to be killing me in the morning...

Venice, The bacon was not that bad. I also bought some turkey sauage, so we shall see if it is any good tomorrow.

I am going to get fit, if it kills me.... I figure I will either be fit, or die and not have to have a fork lift to carry the casket.

Everyone have a wonderful day...
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Good evening from chilly NY