Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Morning Mates, another bright sunny day in Pictou County, but it is still freezing at -6C.
Poor James is really under the weather, this cold/flu has hit him hard. He missed Trivia at the pub last night, and we are going to have to beg off a dinner invitation (to our house) for today as he is not well enough to entertain, nor does he want to spread his germs!

Yesterday I got most of the house cleaning done, so today I can relax a little, any maybe get another 1 or 2 days of Cuba posted. It's the photos that are taking me so long!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

donna
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Donna,

Sorry to hear about James as I know how you two look forward to Trivia night. Hope he is better soon. My niece DeAnna's husband was sick as a dog a couple of days this week but is getting back to normal now. They leave for Asia on Tuesday and DeAnna is afraid she'll come down with it before they leave. Everyone is keeping their fingers crossed.

It's going to be a rainy and cool Sunday here in upper East Tennessee, a good day to curl up catch up on one's reading....at least until this afternoon when the "Good 'ol boys" run out at Fontana, California. It's so hard to cook for one but I think I'm going to have a regular Sunday dinner and roast a chicken on the rotisserie.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and keep that travel log coming, Donna.

Prayers for those on the list (I've added James, Donna) and a request for Blessings upon all continue.

Todd
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a warm Sunday in Texas. It is overcast right now, but will surely be sunny later.

We thought we might get rain late yesterday, but it didn't happen. I sure hope we start raining soon, I don't want to worry about wild fires.

Not much planned for today. Church, workout, and spending time with my little family.

I hope all of you are well.

Donna, I hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Yet another gorgoeus morning while enjoying coffee on my patio perch. Might crack 80 in "the valley" today.

No real plans for the day. Might have to start sorting through what stuff I have to take home, and which to leave here. Just 12 days until I head north, and Mrs. Kuki tells me even yesterday it was snowing again and cold. If it were time to get the taxes done I'd stay right here until my cruise.

Poor James... I think if you're at all susceptible, all you have to do to get ill is fly. Never mind flying time, you have to spend all that extra time in airports, where everyone is coming or going somewhere, and lots of germs packed on their persons.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

And a rainy good morning to ya! This little shower will go away and that'll be it for a while.

No plans for today. Donna, please tell James I hope he gets better soon.

Judy
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Captain

Donna, if it's any consolation, it's also minus 6 in Bobcaygeon. But blue skies and sunshine. Daffodils and snow drops peeking through so that's a good sign. Really enjoying your Cuba review-I feel like I'm there! We've been considering an AI to Cuba for the past few years-so many of our friends have been and keep going back-but still not sure if it's for us. The hotel looks beautiful as does the beach and the entertainment very good but still not sure if I'd want the same environment every day for a week. Cruising spoils you-so much variety. Cost wise, it seems that if you got an outside cabin on a mainstream line the difference would be minimal providing you didn't do Sandals or the like. Looking forward to you next installment! Hope DH shakes the Canadian Crud soon.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Morning all. It's cool and cloudy here. Guess Todd is getting the rain we had yesterday. I hope it will be a quiet day. I am enjoying reading and seeing the pics of Cuba Donna. I hope your other half feels better. Have a good day all.
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!! Winter keeps up its stubborn attempt to cling on despite the date.

Did the spring drain and refill on the hot tub so we are all set until late July. Got a little yard work done feeding the azaleas, rhodies, camillas and holly.

Less than a month to Oahu, making advance reservations and plans.

Have my eyes on a Princess cruise to Aruba and Curacao from Pt Everglades in Oct or Nov 2012.

Everyone have a great day!

Marj and the Jackass with donkey in Middle St. Thomas, USVI

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 27th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Good Morning

Went swimming yesterday here in Bosque County Texas. I went to Gatesville yesterday - close to you Luanne - and they were swimming at a motel there too. Too cool today though.

Enjoyed the Cuba photos, Donna. Say hey to all my MacDonald kin in Pictou county.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 27th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Snoozeman, you'd have to be more specific - every 2nd person in Pictou County is named MacDonald!

donna
Old March 27th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Snoozeman, you'd have to be more specific - every 2nd person in Pictou County is named MacDonald!

donna
Yeah, I know!

Just wave as you pass the Clan Donald monument and visit my brick down by the Hector every once and a while!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Good evening from freezing cold NY (18 degrees)