CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Total Wine in FLL (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381557-total-wine-fll.html)

Queen of Oakville March 29th, 2011 11:06 AM

Total Wine in FLL

Not sure if this is allowed here or not (I don't work for them!); but I just wanted to throw out an endorsement for them.

If you are sailing on a ship that allows you to bring your own wine on board and you are travelling by air and can't bring your own from home - this is a great service.

You can pre-order (and pay for) your wine on their website. You must do so at least 2 days before you sail. We had our cabbie stop on route from the airport and wait while DH ran in to pick up our order. It might have cost us an extra $8 in cab fare, but our order was filled, ready and waiting.

HawkeyeFLA March 29th, 2011 01:00 PM

I love Total Wine here in Orlando. For both their wine and beer selections. I try to get into the city about once a month to check it out. Since they are the only place in town that carry a few of the beers I like to treat myself to every now and then (At $4 for a .5l bottle, I don't treat myself often :-p)

Queen of Oakville March 29th, 2011 01:20 PM

I didn't realize they were a chain. We might do a disney pre-stay before our DREAM cruise. I will use them for that trip as well (though ... we'll have a car, so the pre-order service won't be necessary!)

HawkeyeFLA March 29th, 2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville (Post 1363119)
I didn't realize they were a chain. We might do a disney pre-stay before our DREAM cruise. I will use them for that trip as well (though ... we'll have a car, so the pre-order service won't be necessary!)

Yeah, they're all over FL at least. Just know that the Orlando one is all the way up in the city, which is one of the reasons I don't get there all that often. Its on FL50 (Colonial Drive) just east of Downtown. Unless they have something that you don't think you can get anywhere else, there is an ABC Fine Wine and Spirits just down the street from Crossroads, which is the dining district just outside of Downtown Disney. Since you will have a car, you should check there first, just so you're not having to drive as far. Unless of course a trip into downtown Orlando is already in the plans.

Lombard March 29th, 2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville (Post 1363087)
Not sure if this is allowed here or not (I don't work for them!); but I just wanted to throw out an endorsement for them.

If you are sailing on a ship that allows you to bring your own wine on board and you are travelling by air and can't bring your own from home - this is a great service.

You can pre-order (and pay for) your wine on their website. You must do so at least 2 days before you sail. We had our cabbie stop on route from the airport and wait while DH ran in to pick up our order. It might have cost us an extra $8 in cab fare, but our order was filled, ready and waiting.

I had good service from them down near the port as the shop was so huge I had trouble finding what I needed.

Funniest thing I found were bottles of whiskey in 1.75 litre plastic bottles. LOL ;) ;)

Trip March 29th, 2011 02:57 PM

This is located in the Harbor Shops, on A1A, a shopping area, right next to Hyatt Place. I have recommended it, because there is a Publix here, for last minute goodies/ must haves, for the ship. There are restaurants there too, for an easy walk form the hotels right there.

Total Wine opens at 12 on Sundays,so make note, if you are cruising that day. Also, Walgreens and CVS's down there, you can by beer and wine, which surprised me!!

totalwine-fortlauderdale Wine Store in Fort Lauderdale, FL : Store Information

Aidan March 29th, 2011 04:57 PM

Throw my hat in the ring for Total Wine. We recently stayed at the Embassy Suites before cruising on Solstice, and picked up the obligatory 2-bottles per cabin at Total Wine across the street. The selection and service was top-notch.