Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Default Is it Only Wednesday?

Only Wednesday and already the week is dragging...
Same old, same old, sunny but freezing, still sitting at 0C. At least it's not snowing...

My hubby has gone off today to a long-standing podiatrist appointment. If he hadn't waited so long for this app't, and if his feet weren't in so much pain, he would have much rather stayed in bed today, as his cold/flu is still really miserable. He's asked me to book him a Dr. app't for later today, so I know he must be really sick.

For those of you requesting prayers for loved ones, including Ray & Helen, my thoughts and best wishes go out to you today...

donna
Old March 30th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Not too much new here. Just fighting this on and off crud. My sister and BIL left yesterday after their five day stay. It was a fun time and we all had a good time.

I hope everyone has a great day and wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 30th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Donna, I feel like (is it already wednesday? ). Ever since I have been retired, time just flies by.
Good luck to James with his doctor's visits.

Prayers to all in need. And I hope that you all have good day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It's another cloudy, chilly day. I'm in for more housework. Have a good day all.
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning Doona, Mike, Manuel and all who follow.

It's going to be rainy and dreary through Saturday here in upper East Tennessee. Oh joy!

Was going to Church today but I'm also coming down with what Mike describes as the crud. That's all I need at this point. But I can't complain as so many of our beloved Cruisemates are facing gargantuan health problems with family and friends.

I also have a ton of housework today whether I feel good or not so best get at it.

Of course, prayers and many requests for special Blessings are being sent upward for so many each evening.

Hope all the rest of you have a wonderful "hump" day.

Todd

Todd
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I just saw a post from a friend of mine that lives on the other side of Indiana and he is reporting seeing snow... so I have decided to just not look out the windows again until spring arrives for real. I am tired of these false starts.
I am always chomping at the bit to get my spring planting done... but this winter really was cold and long and I am ready for warm sunny days already.
Well the kids only have about a week and a half left of mathwork until they will be done with this current grade level. I think we'll spend the rest of their school year reviewing and then working more on good old fashioned writing skills. Once we get to about the end of May we'll get a jump start into next years math and start slowly. They really are doing well and I am sooo happy about that.
This weekend we'll be heading up to Canada to celebrate a huge milestone. My Mother in law is celebrating her 65th birthday. There were so many times, over the past year especially we doubted that she would make it to 65 and I often wondered if she would live long enough for the kids to have lasting memories of her. I didn't want the only thing they remember of their Oma to be a woman in pain, withering away. God has blessed us all and has kept her with us much longer than we thought possible given her prognosis back in 2003 when she was given only a year or two to live. She has bounced back miraculously from last summers major setback. She has recovered from the paralysis and surgery and is extremely mobile. You cannot keep her down.
I really apologize I haven't been around much. I truly have been overwhelmed by life lately and just have so much on my plate these days. My attention span is stretched to the max right now.
My wonderful technocentric geeky Husband has been wanting a Windows Phone since they first came out. However, we have been with the same cell phone carrier forever and of course they are the last carrier on earth to offer the phone he wanted. So I called the cell phone company and they basically offered us all sorts of incentives and rebates to replace all of our cell phones with new ones for about $4.00 lol, How could I say no? I actually loved my original Android phone, but who can resist such a deal? I also had a community cell phone for the kids to use to reach me with, when they were at a friends house or a function like checkers club etc... and so now each kid has their own phone which should come in handy this summer when they go to college for kids this summer. The phones arrived in phases, one box came Monday with the kid's phones. Then my phone and d/h's phones arrived yesterday so I plugged them all in and called my rep to activate them. I swear I was on the phone over two hours with it. But d/h was sooooo happy with his new phone. He's like a kid in a candy store. The kids are happy too. Right d/d is chasing the cat around trying to get her to pose for photos she is taking with the cell phone camera. They are sooooo funny. I on the hand, feel totally incompetent to operate this silly thing. But I am slowly getting the hang of it. The first couple of times it rang I missed the calls because I couldn't figure out how to pick up the call lol.
Let see what else is going on. Oh yeah my laptop died while we were in Alabama, so I sent it in since it was under warranty. I should hear today whether they will fix it or refund my money... either way I'll be happy.

So that's the latest from the circus. Sending lots of prayer Helen and Ray's way, as well as all the other loved ones of our CruiseMates who have hit a rough patch. Hang in there folks, the weekend is almost here yay!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Sunny & warmer today, but not going anywhere. Todd & Mike, I wish you good luck with this thing, it gets you and won't let go.

Today I am going to try on some clothes to pack for Venice..going to pack smart, I swear

Hoping Helen & Ray, are back home,and Helen has her million dollar smile on

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sorry all you folks in cold weather spots, but another gorgeous morning on my patio perch in Scottsdale. It's going to get a bit warm though... with temps the next few days creeping up on 100.

Locals say it's too hot too soon. But I love it. And it's cooling to the mid 80s next week I only have until next Thurs. before I head northward home.

A busy week ahead starting today, with lots of friends in to play golf, go out for dinners, and general fun fun fun.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM
First Mate

Well, spent Monday getting lab work and cardio clearance for my upcoming surgery. The doctor is doing an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on three discs out of four that are protruding and causing problems. I have been having trouble with my arms - aching, stiff, shots of pain, headaches, numbness and tingling. I am so not looking forward to this.

However, I feel silly worrying about this when so many CM's are having far worse health problems than I. I want all to know they are in my thoughts and prayers for speedy recoveries or easing grief.

Today is cloudy, about 40 degrees F and expecting sprinkles or flurries! It is the end of March, where is spring!!!! DD#1 and her DH are heading back to Michigan today so she can work tonight. Then, they are heading off to Florida tomorrow for a conference. I could not convince them to let me stow along with them

Try to have a good day and hoping for all to recover/feel better!
Old March 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sunny, windy Texas. Kuki, it is to hot to soon. Without rain, we will be in the headlines this summer, with those nasty wild fires.

I slept late this morning. I have been on sleep meds for years, and decided a couple of days ago to try and get myself off of it. I thought with the weight loss, I might be able to sleep without help. I realize it can't be done over night, but I am going to try.

Not much to do today, except the usual. I do need to repot my house plants, and go through my closet and get rid of the clothes I can't wear any more.

You were all in my prayers last night, but I am getting to sleep later, so please everyone get well, so I can sleep.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny but chilly NY .Mrs.Henry43 and I are leaving soon for NYC to go to the hospital .
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, I also hate the false spring starts also.
This morning drove a cancer patient for their treatments, I volunteer for the ACS driving those that do not have rides.
Then went to the gym.
Just got home, it is pouring out, but we need the rain.
I will start doing my taxes this afternoon.

OFCer