Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Default Soggy Saturday

Morning Mates, well the forecasters were right, we got hit with a doozie of a storm just in time for the drive home yesterday. Calling it a "spring storm" didn't make it any less vicious or terrifying to drive in!
I drove home in the strangest mix of huge fluffy flakes blowing sideways, and hard stinging ice pellets pelting the car relentlessly.
Road conditions were awful, icy and slushy and there were many accidents.
This morning, the temp is +2 so all is melting, and we are supposed to get more rain too. Winter's last hurrah....

Nothing planned today except housework and general tidying up.
Looking forward to Trivia at the pub tonight for 2 reasons, one, because James is feeling well enough to join me, and two, it is a special music trivia tonight. We are usually good at that!

Have a good one all!

donna
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Morning all. Donna I am glad you made it home in one piece, Maybe this indeed will be the end of the bad weather. It is supposed to be warm and sunny here, for a change. If so, I'll be taking dad for a spin around the neighborhood in his wheelchair. Got great news yesterday. He has been approved for a program for the elderly living at home. It covers several different programs and means that I'll finally have some help. Yay! Gave the first puppy away yesterday evening. He only went next door, so we'll be able to visit and get updates. Not much planned for today. I may read and do a bit of yardwork. Have a good one all.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

The sun is shining here, but it may not be the end of the winter. It takes a while for things to warm up in the northeast.

Now I should not see anymore winter because we are leaving on tuesday the 5th. for a few days stay in Palm Cosat Fl. followed by a cruise on the 11th. on the Celebrity Equinox.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16
Old April 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
Admiral

A sunny and mild day here today, a great day for the boys to be going to the Cubs game. Trying to get back to some type of normal life here for it has been one very hard and sad week! We have our Florida trip coming up soon and it's coming at a good time. Nothing like Disney to bring a smile to your face.

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:00 AM
Captain

Good Morning All! It's sunny here in Bobcaygeon and going up to 12 C (52F) today! Nothing short of a heat wave! Plan on unwrapping the patio furniture-I think spring is finally here.

I only know Ray and Helen from reading Cruisemates but I can't stop thinking about them. The first thing I did when I got up was check to see if there was any more news. We had a couple of dear friends and the wife suffered with Altzimers and her husband was the caregiver so I know only too well what a strain this is on poor Ray. I hope they can both stay strong.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Manuel, I will be eager to hear about your cruise on the Equinox once you get back. We have her booked for next Christmas/New Years...

donna
Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Captain

Our rain has finally stopped at least for awhile. It is cool and very windy right now with peeks of sun every now and then. Due to warm up tomorrow to the 60's YIPPEE!!!! Maybe just maybe Spring is coming after all!
We were on the road last night to Huber Heights, Oh for the only dance of this weekend. Were home by 12:30 am which is good for us. D/H is having a bout with the alergies right now and not feeling the best. He did have to go out to work for a couple of hours this morning but should be back by noon. There is a hold up on paperwork for the sale of his business. He had thought he would be retired by now but looks like it is going to be a few more weeks.
Tonight we are going to Columbus, Oh to see Jeane Robertson preform. We have heard her on the radio for years and so when we saw she was going to be doing a show only 2 hrs away we talked 3 other couples into going with us. The couples all live in Columbus so it is an easy trip for them. Since Tuesday is D/H's birthday the gang is having a dinner for him before we go to the show and I am sure there will be lots of laughs this evening.
I too can't quit thinking about Ray & Helen. So praying things are better for them both.
RD- Good luck at Tivia tonight. Glad James is on the mend.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 2nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Soggy Saturday

Good morning! The sun just came out, and it's about fifteen degrees cooler. I had to turn the furnace on when I got up.

I have spoken here a couple of time about my friend, Nancy. She is having a painful time of it. Her colon cancer has returned and matastisized. Her ex husband is staying with her and suspects that it's gone into her stomach, because she cannot eat. They are going to USC's Norris Center on Monday. But I fear her time is short.

Keith has just left for Riverside. I plan to do a small pile of ironing, and then my day is free.

Have a nice Saturday.

Judy
Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Good morning all from the HOT desert! It was 100 degrees here yesterday. It's way too soon for that, even though our winter visitors, like Kuki, seem to enjoy it. But today should be a few degrees cooler, thank goodness. I'm just not ready to start paying that air conditioning bill yet!

Baseball season has started. Yay! Although I'm sure our Arizona Diamondbacks will just break my heart again this year, they at least won their first game against the Rockies yesterday. We love our D-Backs, so I guess we're just gluttons for punishment. !
Old April 2nd, 2011, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Good evening from chilly but clear NY