CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Good Wednesday Morning, it's HUMP Day! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381749-good-wednesday-morning-its-hump-day.html)

ToddDH April 6th, 2011 07:15 AM

Good Wednesday Morning, it's HUMP Day!

Good morning all!

It's pretty cool outside this morning here in upper East Tennessee with a temp of 33F. But it's to rise to around 68 later on under partly cloudy skies.

Well, I know I'm getting old. I moved the car from the lower driveway up to the upper driveway carport day before yesterday to blow off some grass I got on it while mowing. Got tripped up in the cord of the leaf blower and hit the concrete like a ton of bricks. Didn't break anything but I do have a minor sprained knee. The worse part was that I couldn't grab anything to pull myself up so I grabbed the fender and finally got off the concrete after spending about five minutes there. Gettin' old ain't no fun. And I'm even more sore than I was yesterday.

Church today and then this weekend at some point, I'm going down to Clinton to visit my Brother and SIL (my niece DeAnna and her husband are on a month long cruise in Asia). Don't want to stick around the house alone as Saturday would have been Fran's and my 39th Anniversary.

I'm still of course fighting depression and will for probably over a year but I'm back to functionality thanks' to Jeff's (my cardiologist) script for Celexa. I still have a lot of bad days (averaging three or so a week) but it's only a deep sadness and I'm able to keep my emotions in check.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday. Yours truly will be going to Church at Noon and this afternoon I hope to get a head start on my newspaper column so I'm not going crazy at the last minute.

Of course Ray and Helen lead my prayer list which is so lengthy I've had to write everyone's name down and keep it by my bedside nightstand. Blessings of course for everyone and I hope all of you'uns have a wonderful day.

Todd

rollerdonna April 6th, 2011 08:44 AM

Morning Todd, and all to follow...Todd, sorry to hear you were such a klutz ;-)
and fell and hurt your knee. I do hope you are not feeling too sore today.
You are right, getting old is no fun. I've been trying to keep up with the kids at school playing mini sticks (short stick-floor hockey) and badminton, and I come home with arms and legs aching!

Last night we had a major rain and wind storm, and the temperature soared up to 12C, or 53F, so mild! Today the sun is out and it looks like we might have a decent, milder day for a change....

I'm off to the dentist today. Finally after being here a year and a half I decided it was time to find a new dentist. Shame on me for waiting so long, I hope he doesn't find a mouthful of cavitites!

Tonight is Trivia Night. Our buddy Rick's trivia is always tough, it separates the "men from the boys" as they say. Sometimes, out of 25 questions, 10 right answers can be the winner! We have not won a free meal in weeks, the competition is tough, but we keep trying.

donna

Luanne Russo April 6th, 2011 09:37 AM

Good morning everyone from a cool, windy, Texas. It looks to be a beautiful morning. I have the windows open in front of my desk, and the birds are singing for me.

Todd, You have to be careful. I worry about you trying to do so much. Glad you are getting out of town this weekend. The memories of special days are difficult that first year. I wish for you time to go by, so your pain will get less, and less. You know I love you.

Donna, I remember those days of working with the kids, and coming home so tired, I needed a nap before dinner. Sometimes I miss those days.

I am busy planning Jim's last days here. We are attending the Texas Nascar race this weekend, and then fly to Birmingham, Ala next week for the Taladaga race. It should be fun.

I have now lost 33 lbs. and have never felt better. I have slowly increased my workout, and now my body says let's get started, instead of screaming, no more, no more.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

travelgalSue April 6th, 2011 11:36 AM

Sunny and windy here but at least no rain! Today is my grandaughter Danica's 3rd birthday so a party is in the plans for this evening.

Todd, I know what you mean about getting older...my body is telling me I am no longer in my youth and can't do things I did only a few years ago. Hope your knee gets better soon. Enjoy the weekend trip with family.

RD, those kids can sure give you a workout can't they? Have a good time at Trivia tonight.

Luanne, Oh how I wish I were going to those races with you! I haven't been to one for several years and sure do miss them. I still watch them on TV but it is better to be there in person. You have a great time and give me an update when you return.

Prayers for Ray & Helen top my list also. Hope things are getting better for them. Everyone have a good day and if you are getting sunshine..enjoy it.

Moiraine April 6th, 2011 11:39 AM

Good morning all. Have been busy the past several days. Probably iwll be again today but I'm starting out slower.

Todd, please take good care of yourself. I am glad you are going away this weekend too.

Donna, I hope the dentist visit goes well. Glad you are getting some warmth now.

Luanne, way to go! Thirty three pounds is an accomplishment.

I hope everyone has a good day.

beenie weenie April 6th, 2011 11:58 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I am so far behind! Where do I begin? I feel bad. I really have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for quite some time now... It's really beginning to show as things are beginning to really pile up around here.
I am 3 weeks behind getting my tax stuff to the accountant and I finally have it all together and made an appointment for this afternoon. Oh I dread this every year, almost as much as I dread getting the bill I have to pay at the end of it. I am hopeful it will be much less shocking than last year :shock:.

I will be thinking of Ray and Helen and Todd this week, sending prayers their way and hope that things improve for all of my CruiseMates.

Kuki April 6th, 2011 12:06 PM

Good Morning cruisemates! My winter long sojourn in Scottsdale is drawing to an end. For my last day here it's going to be a bit cloudy, but still headed to 85 degrees.

It's been an incredibly busy last week, and continues today, with a golf game this morning, a sunset cocktail party at a friends place, then dinner with my sister, brother in law, and other friends.

The few hours during the day when I'm home, in between outings, I've been busy cleaning the condo and getting it ready to shut down.

Mentally I'm not really ready to go home. I've had such a good time spending the winter here, and it doesn't help that when I get home I have a ton of "business matters" to deal with... like taxes :(

The good news is I'll be back here Apr. 18, for 6 six days, until I leave for my 14 night Crystal cruise. I'll be cruising solo as Mrs. Kuki is back to work, which will make that cruise different for me too.

She's gone be upset now, because I just learned I'll be in a Penthouse Suite, with a butler, on that cruise.

anniegb April 6th, 2011 12:15 PM

Good Afternoon All

I have now returned to the milder and wetter side of the Atlantic after a very enoyable 10 days in NE of USA. Yeah Mike I even managed more than my fair share of fun.

Part of my trip was spent in DC during the Cherry Blossom festival; previously I had been in DC during a snowstorm. I prefer DC in snow simply because it is quieter.

I did not realise how much I appreciated my green land until I flew into Glasgow yesterday.

It was strange to visit part of a country where although further south than Scotland - spring will be later this year. Really odd not to see gardens full of flowers. That reminds me that the garden will require a lot of work this week.

Todd - you take care.
BW - we all hate paying taxes but if we had no income we would pay no tax. Most UK residents pay tax on an on-going basis and avoid the annual tax season.

Although I don't know Ray and Helen, I appreciate this will be a difficult time for them but as everyone says Ray has to look after himself first.

Have a good day

Annie

Aerogirl April 6th, 2011 12:33 PM

Good morning all,
Not the best day today with a little rain coming down but like they say "April showers bring May flowers"

CruisinK n J April 6th, 2011 01:01 PM

Good Wednesday Morning! It's Hump Day!

Good morning. Mr. Sun is hiding in a deep marine layer.

Todd, it's always bad when an adult falls. I did that same thing a couple of months ago and sprained an ankle. Take good care of yourself.

I, too, am thinking of Helen today.

Luanne, congratulations!

Keith awoke this morning and announced that he could sleep late because it's Sunday. I didn't clue him in that, indeed, it's Wednesday and therefore, gym day.

A cup of coffee sounds good, made more so by looking out at the gloomy weather.

Have a nice day, people!

Judy

Phyllbo April 6th, 2011 01:47 PM

Good afternoon everyone. It's a gorgeous sunny day here in Florida. We are starting to get some of those hot humid days that will help me to transition back to WI at the end of May. Kuki I understand your reluctance to leave AZ, but with your cruise to look forward to, and your luxurious accomodations, it shouldn't be too hard for you. :-)

Todd, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I'm also glad to hear that you are planning to get away for the weekend to help you through those difficult days. (((((HUGS))))) to you.

Luanne, WOW! So happy for you about the weight loss. That is no small accomplishment.

Praying for Ray and Helen too.

I called Nancy the other day, and booked us on the Celeb. Equinox for next March. We had such a great cruise on The Emerald Princess that we wanted to get our next one on the books pronto.

Take care everyone.
Phyll

balabusta April 6th, 2011 01:54 PM

Good afternoon from a chilly, Virginia Beach. I went to the gym this morning and then had the oil changed on my car. Today our younger daughter, hubby and kids are moving into their new house. As parents, Rob and I are excited for them. In a little more than three weeks, Rob and I will be excited to go on our "back to back" cruises. Time can't move fast enough! Todd, our thoughts go to you. Time and keeping busy is the best thing. May all my fellow cruisemates enjoy your day.

Lakers Fan April 6th, 2011 11:52 PM

Good evening from Rainville,NY