Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, My Favourite Day!

Morning Mates, from a bright and sunny Pictou County, now if only it would warm up to match! We're still sitting at -1C or 30F. They're promising warmer temps into next week, I won't believe it till I see it!

Today I am attending a "Spring Fling", a fundraiser for the school I work at.
There will be artisans with crafts for sale, bake sale, games of chance, silent auction, raffle, and a bouncy castle for the kids. Yesterday, my after school kids helped in setting it all up in the gym, so I thought I'd go today and take part in the fun.
After that I plan to do a little shopping - I have not been shopping since before Christmas, so it's time to treat myself to something for spring (if spring EVER gets here!).
Tonight, it's Trivia at the pub, always a good time.
Wishing you all a good Saturday and a fabulous weekend!

donna
Old April 9th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning RD and all to follow. That sounds like a fun day for you RD. It is going to be very warm here and I am ready to head for the pool and stay cool. As much as I love New England I do not miss the cold. right now it is 70 here in Lakeland but soon will be in the 80's. Have the greatest day everybody.

Laura
ďTwenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.ď
---Mark Twain

Old April 9th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well things here are very quiet. My little guy spent the night at his buddy's house and even though I slept well, I like to have all my chics in the nest at night.
I made it to the paint sale yesterday and picked up 8 gallons to get me started. I sure hope I can do this without making a mess.

Its raining today. It was supposed to get up to 81 today but it looks like the weather will be warm and rainy. Tomorrow should be even warmer and windy.

Prayers continue for all my friends here who are going through a rough time. Hang in there!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Waiting for the big warm up expected to start arriving here today. Iím getting excited about our upcoming trip to Florida next week. This will be my one sisters first real vacation, canít wait to see her on the plane. Itís going to be nice to have both my sisters and their families together all on one trip.
LauraÖ Iíll be in Lakeland visiting some old friends!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 9th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

I awoke this morning to a little boy standing by the side of my bed and saying: "Grandpa, I'm hungry." So I did what any good grandpa would do. Nudged grandma and said: "Go feed the kid".

Seriously: We went down stairs and grandpa whipped up his favorite breakfast. Cheerios, toast and raspberry jelly. The kid is easy.

Today is a wet and rainy day but it's warm. That last three days have been gorgeous and I've been working in the yard and fixing the damage that six foot high snow drifts do to a lawn. Snow mold was a real problem this year and with the size of my lawn it was a lot of work but it looks much better now. Now mother nature needs to take over and green it up. I suspect it will be much greener after this weekend.

Grandma is taking the kids to a sale this morning and then after that we will play it by ear.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a fun weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 9th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a pleasant, in the sixties, Virginia Beach. One of the neighborhoods, not to far from where Rob and I live, had a neigborhood garage sale. Of course, being the garage sale addict that I am, I was out there bright and early this morning. I bought a lovely framed picture of a scene from Charleston and a booster seat for the car so it will be easier to take one of grandchildren out. Tonight, Rob and I are meeting friends for dinner. In a little over three weeks, Rob and I go on our back to back cruises! Hope all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their day.
Old April 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, My Favorite Day

I am happy to say that it is sunny here in CA, too. We didn't get any rain. For all I know, that was the last chance til Fall.

Keith went to Riverside for the day. I still have a very painful shoulder. I took my first perscription anti-inflammatory this morning, a lot easier on the stomach than Advil.

No special plans for the day. Have a good one, though!

Judy
Old April 9th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Riverside is lovely. Rob and I loved taking a tour of the Mission Inn.
Old April 9th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Admiral

Good evening from warm NY