Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Here We Go Again!

Morning Mates, it's Monday once again, and I really don't know where the weekend went. Just flew by way too fast...

Yesterday we finally had a hint of spring, it warmed up enough to be outside in only a sweater (as opposed to a winter jacket!).
Today is bright and sunny, already 5C or 41F, with showers forecast for later, so maybe it will warm up some more and we will finally see some GREEN.

Work day for me, my first full week with my new assistant. On Friday she said, "gee they're NOISY, and it's CHAOS here". Friday is our normally QUIET day with fewer kids and less trouble. Little does she know what's she's in for this week!

donna
Old April 11th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
We had a nice loud storm overnight. Lots of wind and lightening. I found the hot tub lid half way off, and the temperature was down to 94 this morning.

Saturday we popped by Walmart and saw they already had tomato plants, so I decided to buy three of them. Wow you have thought I was trying to smuggle an atomic bomb out of the store. I bet a half dozen people stopped me on my way out to tell me that it was entirely too early to be planting tomato plants. Well guess what... I don't care . I bought them and d/d planted them yesterday. I think that if the temps drop below 40 at night, I'll just cover them up. Last year I waited too long to plant them and I didn't have tomatoes til very late in the season and then I was sitting there in October trying to figure out what to do with all of them. In a month or so I'll plant another and that ought to be enough.

The kids are awake now. None of us are too thrilled about it being Monday again so soon. The weekend just seemed to fly by. Time passes so quickly anymore.

Well there's plenty to do around here so I had better get to it! Have a good one all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! I am at home today which is good news since if I were at work it would mean that government had shut down and I would be closing the office and receiving my formal furlough notice. Fortunately I am working from home today.

Beanie it is too early to plant tomatoes

Only 10 days to Hawaii, just need to hang on. Just got a made in Hawaii Aloha shirt so I am more than ready.

Hope everyone has a great day!

QM2 docked in Barbados

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning from NY where its expected to hit 80 degrees today.
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Henry,
We had that weather here in the midwest yesterday, well over 80 and humid....Seems like we go from winter to summer...Today is, so far, in the 50's and feels nice....enjoy..

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Hello All,

We had a glorious weekend weather wise. 70F in April in West of Scotland - so many semi-naked bodies which should have been kept covered up - lol IMHO.

Back to our normal spring weather - mixture of showers and sun but the gardens are glorious -full of colour.

Enjoy the day.

Annie
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A beautiful spring day in Calgary yesterday, but turning cooler again for today. Might reach 45 F.

Taking all the paperwork to my superb accountant, Il Makeupai. Have to stop on the way to get some bloodwork done. Then I think I'm going to go in and swap my blackberry for an Iphone. Then Mrs. Kuki has informed me it's "my turn" to make dinner, so I'll be putting some beef ribs in the oven to slow cook for the afternoon.

None of this is as much fun as going golfing in Arizona
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a windy, spring day in Texas. We were hot and muggy yesterday, but the storms hit about 2:00 this morning, and because I am the mom, I had to get up and help the dogs get through it. I was able to get back to sleep at 6:30.

We arrived home around 2:00 yesterday, and were so tired. This weekend at the races was so much fun. Hope to repeat that fun in 4 days.

Today I have to get my house back in order. Dog hair seems to be on everything. Clothes need to be done, and the roses need my help.

I hope all of you have a good day. Stay safe if those storms are coming your way. They sure are loud.

Take care,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 11th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Here We Go Again!

Good morning. Still cold enough here that the furnace is needed and I should have put on a robe.

It was nice to walk into a really clean family room this morning. Keith did a lot of vacuuming yesterday. I did dusting and "directing!"

Shoulder really hurts, and the perscription anti-infammatory doesn't seem to be doing anything except making me dizzy. Hope there's not an orthopedist in my future.:???:

Judy
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from the Celebrity Equinox. We have had lunch and put our stuff in our cabin and are ready to cruise.

Have a nice week mates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all!

Had a most quiet and restorative visit with my brother and SIL at their home North of Knoxville this weekend. As I believe I mentioned, it would have been Fran and my anniversary on Saturday and they didn't want me to spend it alone.

I was very concerned Saturday night because we had tornadoes and baseball sized hail here in Greene County but thankfully it was to our North. We're in store for more thunderstorms this afternoon. The temp was close to ninety Saturday and Sunday. It's already 86 out right now and when the temps are that high so early around here you know to batten down the hatches.

Had best run up to the store for a few provisions before it gets ugly.

Prayers and requests for Blessings continue and I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Todd
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon mates
Busy day around here as I start the gathering process of things to be packed for our “Spring Break” trip. We had D/S sports banquet yesterday and he is now a letterman status, needless to say we have to buy him the jacket for him to put it on.

Luanne… I hear you on the animal fur; I could knit socks with all the kitty fur I collect of the furniture and floor.
Manuel…. ENJOY!!!! It goes by fast!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014