Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good morning and TGIF

Good morning everyone.

It's a cool and blustery morning in "The Land That Can't Figure Out What Season It Is." The forecast is for 2 inches of snow by tomorrow morning. At least it won't stick around for long so I "hope" I won't have to fire up the snowblower.

Betty arrived safely in San Francisco and I'm surviving my "bachelor" existence. I have nothing on the agenda for today. I think I'll just catch up on all the shows I have recorded.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mike, and I know what you mean about "the land that can't decide what season it is in". We're back to -1C again today, after a fairly mild +9 yesterday. I just want to chuck all the outer clothes and put my shorts and flip flops on again! Not just yet though....

My new assistant lasted 3 days before succumbing to a stomach bug that's been running rampant through the school. I was on my own yesterday, and probably today too. Just praying I don't get it!

After work today I have Pilates, then rush to get something to eat and go to a show at our little town theatre. The show is called "The Decade of Love" and features the great music of the 60's, performed by local artists.
I am really looking forward to it, as the 60's are my favourite musical era.

Roll on in to a great weekend everybody!

donna
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well TGIF folks! We seemed to have made it to the end of another week! Congratulations!
I have to get this house cleaned up because I have a babysitter coming tomorrow to stay with the kids while d/h and I head to Indy for a wedding. Our neighbor's daughter is getting hitched and of course I know she'll be a most beautiful bride.
I am ready for my getaway to Gatlinburg. I really just want to go have a few days of fun and frolic and escape some responsibility for a few days. It will be good to see Todd if we can arrange to get together. Todd, we won't arrive there until around the 15th of May, hopefully you won't be in Cleveland at that time.
I feel like I have been neglecting my CruiseMates. Sorry I haven't been as engaged as I normally would be. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny and warm NY
Old April 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning and TGIF

Good morning and TGIF, indeed! It's beautiful and sunny here and it's supposed to be warm.

I don't have much on the agenda, either, and what there is, the machines will do. Keith is going to the gym, and I will do laundry.

Such and exciting life we lead!

Judy
Old April 15th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temps in the 40s and a few flurries. Doesn't sound like my kind of day, but that's what I'm stuck with

Had our marathon 7 hr baseball draft last ngith, and as usual it's lots of laughs.

Today I have to clean up the mess the guys made last ngiht. Then have to go through and see what I'm taking back with me for the cruise.

A couple of dinners planned over the weekend with family and friends, then I can get back down south Monday, and get some golf in.... before I play with some of golf's historic greats.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Happy Friday all. It's warm, sunny, and breezy here. I have lots of laundry going on today. Have a wonderful weekend all.
Old April 15th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Admiral

It's a windy blustery afternoon here In upper East Tennessee with a projected high around 70. The wind is supposed to increase tonight with showers but anything could happen around these parts.

Know those who celebrate Passover are getting ready for that festive holiday and good wishes go out to all.

Yes B/W, I should be around. Am not going to Indy until around the 23rd of the month as things stand now. If we don't have to go to Cleveland and it's increasingly looking as if we won't, we'll be even more flexible.

By then, I'm sure I'll have to take out a second mortgage to fill the car with gas. I couldn't believe that with over five billion in profits, General Electric didn't have to pay any taxes and the oil companies will probably be close behind. To my way of thinking, these futures markets are nothing more than a license to steal. Ah well, c'est la guerre!

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Todd