Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Admiral

Default Live from Cruise3Sixty

Well, the first 2 days of the cruise industry trade show "Cruise3Sixty" is in the books. I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday morning, and have attend lots of conferences and seminars so far. Today was the main trade show along with lots of cruise and cruise destination workshops. Here is some pictures of the trade show and the general session lunch from today.

Cruise Ship Pictures - CruiseMates Cruise Photos Gallery

We have heard from lots of cruise industry executives, and many exciting things are coming with new ships and new destinations.

Tomorrow is a very exciting day, I get to tour the Oasis OTS followed by the big dinner. And Sunday, I will get to tour the Celebrity Solstice. I will post some more pictures after tomorrows tour and dinner!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Any goodies you can tell us about what is new in the future?? Enjoy Oasis today, have you cruised on her yet?

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Scott, You are in my most favorite city! Enjoy your days..work and fun in the sun! Throw us a tidbit

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; April 17th, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old April 16th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Trade shows in any industry can be fantastic .At one time I used to go to 2 in the Advertising industry
Old April 17th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Admiral

Saturday is done here at Cruise3Sixty......finally! We started out with a breakfast and general session this morning. I then toured the Oasis OTS with a number of other TA's. Let me start by saying WOW, what a ship!. We started with a lunch in the MDR, then a tour guide showed us the Royal Promenade, the Boardwalk and Aqua Theatre, then the Central Park. We also got to see the pool and sports deck with the zip line and flow rider. We didn't get to see any staterooms or any other public rooms, just wasn't time. But I was really wowed by what we did see!!!

After the ship tour, I skipped the afternoon events and went back to the hotel to nap and get ready for the big Hall of Fame Dinner. The Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), which puts on Cruise3Sixty, hosted all the 1400 TA's here for C3S for a gala dinner tonight and as part of the entertainment we got to see some upcoming ship board entertainment from RCI, Celebrity and NCL that they have planned for the future and have not released to their fleets yet. Let me just say that cruisers on those 3 cruiselines will really enjoy the shows that RCI, Celebrity and NCL have coming up!

Tomorrow, We start with a breakfast and another general session, then I will be touring the Celebrity Solstice. After the ship tour I will spend a few hours at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport and then fly home to Chicago.

When I get home I will post some more pictures from the ship tours and give you some of the exciting new changes and innovations coming to the cruise industry. It's late night here now and I want to get some sleep before the big last day of C3S tomorrow!

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old April 17th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Blue,
Looking forward to some of your pics...Have a safe trip home. BTW, we actually had snow falling yesterday, starting with a cold 39 out now.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Admiral

So I am back home from south Florida, and I'm wondering where spring went? It was here when I left! Anyway, my last day at Cruise3Sixty was spent at the breakfast and 3rd general session, and then on to the tour of the Celebrity Solstice. I post some pictures of both my ship tours in the photo gallery.

Some really exciting things came out of this year's Cruise3Sixty conference. The theme of this year's conference was "The Next Generation". The next generation of cruisers, of cruiseliners, of cruise destinations and of cruise travel agents.

Cruisers will begin seeing a lot of technology being integrated into their cruises. The cruiselines are looking to do a couple of different things with technology. First, to lenghten and heighten the cruise experience, you will see more and more of cruisers getting to pre-book dining, entertainment and activities and to relive the cruise memories after their cruise. The cruiselines want the next generation cruiser to enjoy their cruise not only during, but before and after as well. Second, you are going to see technology used to personalize the cruise experience. You are going to see more and more technology used on newer cruise ships, not just the large ones, but all the cruiselines.

The cruiselines also are looking for new cruise destinations and to develop new places to sail. 2 places mentioned a lot were southeast Asia and South America. The cruiselines realize the modern and next generation of cruiser are pretty played out in the Caribbean, and are looking to develop new destinations. Austrailia/New Zealand as well.

Perhaps the biggest changes will be coming with the next generation of cruisers themselves. Some demographics from the 2010 US census as well as some of the cruiselines own research were very eye opening. The largest type of household in the US now is 2 married adults with no children under the age of 18, the 2nd largest type is the single person head of household, and the 3rd largest is 2 married adults with children. This is the 1st time in history that this is the case in the US. The cruiselines see this and will be making changes in their marketing, their new builds and their onboard experiences to reflect this. You are going to see more singles cabins, more exotic type cruises and much more personalization of the cruise experience. The cruise industry is not the same as it was just 6 years ago when I first got into the travel industry, and I suspect it will be different from today in 5 to 10 years from now. It was an eye opener, and I as a travel agent must be aware of these changes to better serve my clients, understand who they are and what they want to provide the best service I can to them.

Lots of changes to the cruise industry, and I remember just a few years ago when I was astounded by the fact that in 1 year the cruise industry had carried over 12 million people, now the cruise industry is approaching 16 million a year! The industry is growing at a rate of 6-7% a year, and the outlook is good. So it looks like we cruisers will be cruising on new ships to new destinations for years to come!

I look forward to next year's Cruise3Sixty!

Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13