CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Does HAL offer this to everyone? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381980-does-hal-offer-everyone.html)

Queen of Oakville April 18th, 2011 10:11 AM

Does HAL offer this to everyone?

Just got an email from HAL (about 4 weeks after our Eurodam excursion).

If I book by June 17, 2011, they will give me OBC of $100 per person.

If we take the kids, that is $400!!!! I had to read it a few times to make sure it was per person and not per cabin.

Gives me an incentive to sail HAL again. I'm wondering if they offer this to everyone or if its because (in response to the smoking questionaire) I said I would not be likely to sail HAL again.

I had a quick look at itinerarires. Eurodam doesn't go back into the Carribean until October. She must have private groups over the holidays or be fully booked, because I dont' see any available sailings. We're already booked on Disney Dream for next spring break ..... so I doubt I'd be able to use the coupon.

There are some sailings out of Montreal this summer on Maasdem which sail to the Maritimes. That would be REALLY cool, as I've never been to the Maritimes (I could go visit RollerDonna!); but its an open loop cruise so that would negate value of being able to drive to Montreal :(

Lakers Fan April 18th, 2011 10:45 AM

We receive monthly offers from HAL

Queen of Oakville April 18th, 2011 10:48 AM

I do too; from all the cruiselines. But, I've never been offered a per person OBC before.

Lakers Fan April 18th, 2011 10:51 AM

We have received offers like that from HAL .Over the past 3 years we've cruised twice with HAL and plan to do so again in 2011 .

Mike M April 18th, 2011 12:35 PM

Queen:

Read the fine print. I would bet that it is based on Double Occupancy and varies with category.

It probably only covers 2 people per cabin.

Many OBC offers are on a graduated scale. I.E.. For an inside it's $25, outside $50, Balcony $75 and Suite $100.

Once again, read the fine print.

Take care,
Mike

Queen of Oakville April 18th, 2011 01:51 PM

Wise man says "must read fine print". Wise man is correct.

Book by June 17, 2011, and receive Shipboard Credit according to the table below:

LENGTH OF ITINERARY INSIDE OUTSIDE VERANDAH/
VERANDAH SUITE DELUXE VERANDAH SUITE
7 11 days $25 $25 $35 $50
12+ days $50 $50 $75 $100

Looks like there is no per person restriction .... but it is scaled down to $25 per for an insdie 7 day. So our four, would get $100 per cabin. Thanks HAL, but I can get that from any travel agent.

ship2shore April 18th, 2011 11:34 PM

I don't know about Oakville, but there is direct motorcoach service in between the Port of Montreal and the NY-area cruiseports. The rates are very reasonable. This assumes of course that the cruise does not end in Boston (but perhaps there is service to there as well). This is a chartered tour bus, not Greyhound.

Queen of Oakville April 19th, 2011 01:46 PM

Good to know Ship2Shore!

DH were in bed last night thinking how we could me the logistics work, and the only that seemed to make sense would be flying to Montreal from Pearson and then flying home from Boston to Pearson.

If I can't fly from BUF, I'm not flying. The airfare on that loop woud cost too much!