Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday, 1 Day Closer to the Weekend!

Morning Mates, it's Wednesday and we're almost there, as it's a 4 day week!

Yesterday we had the Y's Zumba instructor in to teach us some dance moves. It was fun, the music was great, but I am very sorry I participated because I didn't know that my body could hurt in so many places. I had a very uncomfortable night and can barely move this morning. Not as young as I used to be...

Weather today is dull. Cold, gray, and there is snow and ice pellets in the forecast for later. Oh joy. Will it ever end?

Tonight we are foregoing our usual trivia night to attend a rally for volunteers for the Ship Hector. Pictou's main tourist attraction was taken out of the water into drydock for repairs over the winter, now it's ready to be painted, spruced up and get it back in the water before tourist season.
We have volunteered to help, as well as to be tour guides during the summer. The volunteer group's hope is to one day get Hector suited up with a motor and give tours around the Pictou Harbour.

donna
Old April 20th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Wednesday

I am honored to start the Wednesday thread .I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old April 20th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Dare I say from a almost to hot and humid Florida. Hope all is well!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Len and Aerogirl and all who follow! Great to have you open up this morning, Len! Glad to hear that as bad as it is, your leg will heal, Len. Also Aerogirl, imagine waiting in by then unending lines in Disney World in July!

I cannot wait to see my Cardiologist's new office! Yesterday, his wife Jennifer wrote to me that since Jeff didn't have many patients as he had a meeting to attend, she took their two dogs into the office. Jeff went into an exam room with a patient and Roxie stood outside the door and cried! They figured they needed something a little different for a waiting room decoration, more of a conversation piece. So, they decided on something a "little" unusual. Jeff's big Harley Davidson goes into the office waiting room today!

I wish I could photograph the looks on his patients' faces when they enter this eminent cardiologist's office for the first time and there's a motorcyle in the waiting room! Now that's, as we used to day, "Cool!"

Thunderstorms here this morning. Thankfully there's only a 30% chance of rain tomorrow because I have to host a a photo op at the shelter for a famous country music group who just won a big award at the nationally televised CMA (Country Music Association) Awards and who donated over 10,000 pounds of Purina dog food to our Animal Adoption Center. More about the details tomorrow afternoon.

Prayers and Blessings continue! Sure hope you're back to total wellness, Trip!

Todd
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Henry, I merged the 2 morning threads,and it bumped your post down one, don't really understand why, but, I was glad to see you start the day.

Not a nice spring day here....Mother Nature is not listening to my hot requests!!

Was nice to sleep in my own bed,and, have good food to eat..I made a follow up with my Dr. on Monday.

By the weekend, I need to go through all my stuff I pulled out and get packed...This trip won't be left to the last minute. I want to be locked and loaded and know it's done.

Good thoughts and prayers to all our Cruisemate family, in need.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Admiral

good morning, glad to hear that you are home Trip.
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone from America's Winter Wonderland. The picture says how the day is going so far. It should be gone by tomorrow. "Should" is the key word in that sentence.

Nothing special on the agenda for today other than the normal day to day routine followed by a look out the window and a couple of curse words.

Todd: Your cardiologist has the same decorating style my brothers and I had in college. We would roll our bikes into the living room of the little house we rented. Your cardiologist probably has something better underneath than the cardboard we used. You know those Harleys drip.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and enjoys the rest of the week.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Morning guys,,,,another day of beautiful weather here on the east coast of Va. Heading up close to 90 !!! But back into the low 60's tomorrow. I love the heat !!!

Our area is still recovering/cleaning up from the Sat. tornado's that blew thru here causing lots of damage and 3 deaths. It sure is amazing & scary what mother nature can do

My grandson Cameron's 5th grade team came in 2ed in the state competition for Odyssey of the Mind so they are going to the world competition over labor day weekend. We are very proud of them all.

Heading to the "rivah" tomorrow afternoon for a long weekend,,,I need a break. Dan's cousins & his gf are coming in from Michigan so we are planning a big dinner with the family on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a great "hump" day,,,and prayers to those in need.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Default UK Heatwave continues

Sorry folks, Tshirts and shorts weather here in the West of Scotland and we are not as warm as southern England. Heatwave is forecast to continue through Easter but not sure if it will last until April 29.

I don't know why I saw a robin red breast this morning but I did! I think mother nature is all mixed up.

I am glad you are home Trip, now pack that case and don't let anyone stop you flying.

Well I completed my postal votes for Scottish Parliament - on one ballot paper I had a choice of 15 parties including Ban the Bankers Bonuses Party

Thoughts are with those who have health issues - my back has not fully recovered since the RTA but a mere twinge - just have to exercise more.

Keep well

Annie
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another routine day in the 90s from my patio perch in Scottsdale. I was up early this morning, so mostly finished my packing for this weekend's Crystal cruise (just 4 more sleeps!).

Today I head to the golf course with friends. Time to fine tune my game so I o not embarrass myself playing with some of golf world's most famous retired golfers.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 20th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I finally got a good night's rest last night. I was afraid I would be too keyed up after a very long to relax and sleep, as seems to be the case lately. But I crashed.
Yesterday was a very atypical day. I got up at 5 a.m., got ready to go, looked at the clock and bolted out the door at 6 a.m. as I was already running behind. I thought I would stop fill up with gas, while I withdrew cash from the gas station ATM to save time so I wouldn't have to drive over to the bank. Well of course it was broken. So I flew over to the bank and got some cash. Then I high tailed it onto the Interstate and drove like a bat out of "you know where" to the Champaign Amtrak Station. I had to figure out how to pay for my parking space with the machine thing and my credit card. It took 3 attempts but I finally figured it out. Then I raced in to the ticket agent with my confirmation and he quickly issued my tickets. I sat down and still had 5 minutes before the train was due to arrive when I realized my cell phone was in my truck and not with me. I then ran back through the station and out to the parking lot and grabbed my phone. Then I ran back into the station and up the stairs to the waiting area, only to find that the train was running 30 minutes late argh!!!! All that racing around for nothing. Hurry up and wait, the story of my life lol.

The train finally arrived and we all boarded. This train is called the "Spirit of New Orleans" and it travels between New Orleans and Chicago. Needless to say some folks had been on this train for quite a while and since it was till quite early in the morning there were a lot of people sleeping all over the place... the aroma in the coach car was pungent to say the least. So I made my way to the back of the train praying to find an observation car or a dining car. Eventually I did and it was a quick 2 hour trip to Chicago. I was joined there by a lovely couple from Australia. We had a wonderful visit and it was interesting to see their reaction as we got closer to the city as we went through some of the very dodgy areas on the south side. Their enthusiasm for their trip into the big city started to wane. They started asking for alternate ideas if Chicago wasn't their cup of tea. So I shared a couple of ideas and they went off to gather their bags. I hope they enjoyed their trip to the city. If not they will be off to Wisconsin and Michigan lol.
When I got off the train I called the fellow who would be conducting our meeting and he cabbed over to Union Station and we had a nice chit chat for a while at the coffee shop. Then about 11 we cabbed over to the Office building of the company where we would be meeting with other agents like myself and toured the offices and attended the sales meeting which lasted until about 2:30.
The weather in Chicago was cold, damp and rainy, about 30 degrees with lots of driving wind. Lunch was very light during our meeting so before I headed back to catch the train I stopped at Lou Mitchells and had a cup of their famous coffee and turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes. It warmed me and filled me up. Then I walked to the train station and as soon as I walked in the started boarding the train. A young man sat down next to me. He had a pronounced accent, was very friendly and we started talking. He said he was visiting his friend from Switzerland, she was a cancer research biologist studying to get her PhD from University of Illinois. He was also studying to get his PhD in the same field in Switzerland. He didn't sound Swiss to me, so as I found out more about him I found out that he was originally from Serbia and he had lost both parents to cancer which is what motivated him to get involved in Cancer research. It was a wonderful trip and a terrific visit.
I returned back to Champaign to 80 degree weather and dark foreboding skies. I returned a call from my neighbor who had tried to reach me earlier in the day and she informed me that there were storm/tornado warnings, so I hightailed it home. The storm was right behind me the entire way home. I pulled in the driveway, changed clothes and then went out to the patio to secure anything that might become air born in the 50-60 mph winds we were expecting. As I finished up the task I had one foot in the door when I heard the tornado sirens in town go off. I gathered up d/h and the kids and we ran next door to the neighbors basement where we stayed til the storm passed. Luckily we didn't have any tornadoes or damage. I am so thankful. It was a very busy day and I was worried after all the activity I would once more have trouble falling asleep. Well luckily I slept like a dead body and I feel so much better since I have been very sleep deprived lately.
Sorry for the long novel, but just felt like sharing more today since I haven't been around much lately and am feeling a little more like my old self today.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesdaqy, One Day Closer to the Weekend

A really late good morning to you! It's drizzly here.

The tour of the Pasadena Showcase House yesterday was a washout for me. It's a beautiful house, but has tons of stairs. My knee was really hurting, sol I only got to see the first floor.

Trip, I'm glad you're home.

Have a good day, everybody!

Judy
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon to all!!the weather is terrible today here in Montreal.
cold, windy and lots of rain. My cruise can`t come fast enough !!
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:48 AM
First Mate

Wednesday is my Friday, since my days off every week are Thursday and Friday. Tho I really only count Thursday as half a day off, since I take 2 classes that day, but they're afternoon/evening, so its pretty good. This term I am done by 730p, so I can still do other things with my evening. Tho my usual routine is to goto this great Sushi/PanAsian place around the corner from campus for a good dinner, then head over to my friend's bar for a beer or two to catch up with her. If I get there with enough time before 9pm, I will wander into Epcot and watch the fireworks. (Friend's bar is at one of the Disney resorts next to Epcot.)

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.