Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday, Bring on the Weekend!

Morning Mates, from a cold, wet, Pictou County. My "Weather Eye" is flashing that scary little lightning bolt, declaring "spring storm targets Que. and Atlantic provinces", but so far I only see rain. We did have some ice pellets and a bit of snow yesterday, but it looks like New Brunswick got the worst of it. Not to mention poor Mike. That was certainly a depressing picture you posted yesterday Mike!

Last night we attended the volunteer rally for the Ship Hector and it was a wonderful experience in a community coming together to help.
The rally was held in a beautiful local B&B. There was wine, punch, a ton of finger food, and a huge cake with the Ship Hector's picture on it.
Given out to volunteers was a re-usuable shopping bag with the Hector logo, filled with Hector souvenirs. There were speeches and live entertainment, and 2 volunteers dressed up as pirates. It was a wonderful, warm evening, and all of us are eager to start working on the Hector to get it ready for it's spring launch on May 21st.

I am up extra early today to work a morning substitute shift at one of the daycares I've applied at. If I like it, and they like me, I may have a permanent job there...
This afternoon, it's going to be an Easter Egg Hunt at the after-school program. Then I will have to deal with all that chocolate in their systems until they go home....ahhh, a long weekend.....

donna
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
My inner clock woke me up, as I am working today. I had to cancel when I was sick, so not yet spring, we are looking at fall fashions..geesh! It sure looks pretty outside, well see if the temps go along with the bright sunshine.

Rd, sounds like a nice night....Todd, Ray,thinking of you.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Thanks Trip for the Sentiment! I'm doing better albeit I'm still in Atrial Fib.

Am Meeting this morning with the Country Music Awards "Best New Musical Group of the Year," "The Band Perry."

Purina had told them they could award over ten thousand pounds of Dog Food to any shelter they desired and being from Greeneville, they naturally picked us.

These are three great young adults (their father is a local pediatrician) who are cultivated, beautifully behaved, and supporters of their community. We are of course greatly honored they chose us. They ARE THE EXACT OPPOSITE of the type of entertainers one usually reads about in scandal rags. They are in short, extremely positive ambassadors for our town!

Will let you know how things went later. Now I have to get to ironing and getting ready.

Prayers and Blessings continue, especially for Helen and Ray.

Todd
Old April 21st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Hey with two nights of good quality sleep under my belt, I hope to be starting a trend soon!

Sounds like Todd's morning will be fun and exciting! Hope he has a great time rubbing elbows with the newly rich and famous.

Trip, It's good to see that the men in white coats let you out!

Donna glad to hear that you have a job opportunity in your pocket. I hope it is exactly what you're looking for!

Been thinking about Ray and Helen, hope they are hanging in there. It was good to see Ray's photo the other day. I miss him when he isn't around.

I am simply trying to get my bearings. I need to plot out my schedule for the next few weeks and use my time wisely or I will be in deep trouble. There's too much that needs to be done and not enough time to do it all.

Speaking of which I had better get off the puter for a bit and get stuff going around here.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:13 AM
Captain

Today I see the sun shinning with no rain today. A busy day here in the office for me. Bills to pay, website to update, a webinar at 4 and hope to manage to get at least the front yard re-mowed today. The rain of the past few days has made that grass grow way to fast!
Yesterday was an interesting day for me. Mom had an appointment with the Dr. to get the results of her biopsy (3rd time). The results from this one were the same as the first 2...inconclusive. The plan now is to wait 2 months, do another CAT scan and check to see if the growth is getting bigger or not. If it is then we will be taking Mom to a different Dr. for a plan of attack. She is not having any effects from the growth but we know it is there and I worry. She says it is nothing to worry about and she isn't. Says if it is meant to be then that's the way it is. Glad she is staying upbeat about it. The worst part is going to the Dr. Her appt. was at 3:15, we got into a room at 5 then waited almost another 30 min. for the Dr. to come it. I just don't understand why it takes so long when you have an appointment time.
We did get good news concerning D/H becoming a retired man. Got word that all the paperwork for the sale of his business has been approved so he and the guy buying it can begin the process of getting things moved out of our warehouse to his. It will take a few weeks to get everything in order for this move, plus the guy still has to give a 2 wk notice to his employer, then wants to work with D/H for 2 wks to learn the ropes. Hoping to have all this done by June, then I can give D/H his honey-do list to start on. Just glad that an end is in site.
RD good luck with the new job offer. Hope it works for you.

Todd, what a great thing for your organization. Have a great day of fun with the band. Any word on when you are coming to Ohio?

Trip, Fall fashions....I still need to get my summer stuff out and in the closet! Glad you are home and doing better.

Beanie, with your organizational skills I'm sure you will get a whole lot done in the next weeks. I could use you around here.

Everyone have a great day. Prayers continue for all our mates in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning from breezy but sunny NY .Prayers to everyone in ill health .
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM
Admiral

We are off to Montreal this weekend to celebrate Easter with Family. Kids are so excited! We packed their bags last night. I have several loads of laundry to get done tonight. I need to make some egg sandwiches for the trip (DH's favourite).

I also need to pack goodie bags for the nieces and nephews. I went to Zellers last night to get Chocolates (the bunny kind that we got as kids) .... the nice ones are almost ten bucks now! So, I bought some cheap L'il Crispy bunnies, and opted instead to make easter bags for the kids. I went to the dollar storate and bought stickers and books and games for them. So, tonight, I have lotsa bags to make.

We've been searching all week for the bag of plastic eggs for the kid's egg hunt. Could not find it anywhere. I ran out to the store to buy new ones, and wouldnt you know it, but the time I got home, DH had found them.

I'll be off the grid until Tuesday; hope everyone has a great Easter weekend.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday, Bring on the Weekend!

Good morning! Another overcast morning, but the weather mavens say we'll get some sun for Easter.

Todd, sounds like you had a fun day.

Trip, Fall fashions? I am wondering how I am going to get out my summer stuff with this bum shoulder!

Donna, good luck with the job-to-be . . .

BW, good luck with the schedule . . .

MY physical therapist gave me some new exercises to do, and with the vigorous workout yesterday, my shoulder is sore this morning.

Keith is tired of getting patched up, so he talked the dermatologist out of more surgery til May. That might not happen either, because he has jury duty.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Well, I'm finally home and exhausted so am going to take a nap. I had some errands to run.

Let me tell you, The Band Perry (Kimberly, Reid and Neal) are as I said, the nicest, most polite and supportive young musicians you could imagine. They are the type of folks that any town or city would give their right arm to have as ambassadors in the entertainment world.They have a value system that every parent wants their children to practice.

Kimberly was telling me they write almost all of their own stuff. When they're out and about in town it doesn't bother them at all to be besiedged by autograph seekers and folks wanting their picture taken with them. They love it and treat it as an honor.

Their sponsor's rep for Purina is a young lady named Lauren and she is a true peach. The kids have five days left and then they won't be home until Christmas. They're doing a tour with Tim McGraw (who himself will be in town I believe next month) and for Purina when they are in Tampa (which is their first stop) they'll be washing dogs! The dog food was awarded to several shelters around the country as a result of a contest and because they were from Greeneville, they threw in another load. It was supposed to be one ton of Dog Chow. They upped it to 5 tons!

The kids made it abundantly clear that they absolutely love Greene County. They also have four dogs themselves (which "Daddy" has to babysit when they're gone). As I said, they're father is a local Pediatrician and an accomplished musician himself. I told their mother it is obvious from whom they get their good looks.

The print and TV press was all over the place and the one thing of which I was so proud is that the reporters were blown away by our relatively small facility. After the photo ops, questions from the press, etc., were answered and most folks had left, two TV reporters stayed behind with their cameras just to have me tell them about our facility and show it to them. One (and this was on camera) asked me in an obvious incredulous tone of voice, "You mean you don't get ANY governmental funding?" I told him no, we were completely privately supported. He just found it astonishing and only then understood what I've been saying for years and that is that our Animal Adoption Center is equal to the finest in the State of Tennessee and that is official....not an opinion. He said it was the finest he'd ever seen in his life.

So it was a great opportunity for all concerned.

Todd