Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Default Monday But Feels Like Sunday

Morning Mates from "Sunday #2". I do love long weekends!
It seems a little overcast at the moment, although it says it will be sunny.
I'm just hoping it goes up above the present 3C or 37F. It's about time to warm up!

Last night we had a lovely Easter dinner. Turkey with all the trimmings, delicious dessert, wine, and good friends to share it with.
After dinner we had a surprise visit from not 1, but 2 Easter Bunnies - right there on our front lawn. Having never seen rabbits on our property before, it sure was a surprise that they picked Easter of all days to show up!

donna
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A drab Monday, but, oh well, watcha gonna do? I am off to the Drs. to just go over what happened only a wk ago today. Everything was ok, so not worried, just another errand on my list today.

A smaller group for Easter dinner yesterday, but it gave me more time to hem some pants,and tailor a top. Things are laid out in the living room and that's what I need to tackle next.

One top of that, I was asked to make a diaper cake this week!! Actually 2, but one is needed after I come home...I will work on one so it will make the shower on Saturday...I leave Friday

Make it a good one

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 25th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Captain

Foggy start to the day here. No rain right now but more due overnight. I think I have the best crop of dandilions in my yard than any of the neighbors. Really need to mow again but with all the rain we have had there is no way to get a mower in the yard without leaving tracks. From the looks of the week long forecast the chances are slim it will get done for awhile.
Hope everyone had a great Easter. It was a very non-traditional one for us. Church yesterday morning, where we watched the 2 grandaughters preform in a short Easter program. Proud of both of them as they said their parts without hesitation. The 3 yr. old had one word...suppermarket...and she said it just fine. We didn't think she would do it but to our surprise she was pretty proud that she got to go up on stage with the big kids. After church they, along with their Mom came to our house. Of course Grandma had to get the girls some candy for Easter plus I got them each a pair of cute sunglasses. Since their Dad was working all weekend we decided to go out for lunch. The choice of the girls...Mexican! So off to our best Mexican resturant around. Had a wonderful time with all of my girls. When we got home it was time for all of us to take a short nap. It was nice.
RD, we have bunnies all over around here. On Sat. evening I counted 6 playing in the back yard. That number should multiply as the summer goes on. Your picks were just adorable.
Trip, hope the Dr. gives you a clean bill of health so you can get to packing.

Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It is a warm but dreary day here in Indiana. It has been sprinkling all morning long. Life is pretty good, the pool is no longer green and everyday it gets a little warmer. I just need a sunny day so I can vacuum it, and then I'll put the solar cover on it and we'll be all set for swimming, hopefully in mid May if the weather cooperates. In years past that's how it has worked for us.
My poor little doves finally gave up on the nest in the water logged hanging basket and have flown the coop. I just noticed this morning that someone is attempting to build a nest atop my rear truck tire, that is definitely a lesson in futility.
Today is Westin's 11th Birthday and since the kids birthdays are exactly 6 mos. apart to the day, it is also Allie's 8 and a half Birthday too. They have really grown up and matured a lot this past year. We all got up early so Westin and Allie could open presents before d/h left for work. All those years he spent on the road, he missed out on several of these occasions, so it is very important to him and he doesn't want to miss any more if he can help it. My neighbor makes wonderful birthday cakes, but unfortunately they are having to stay with relatives while their septic system is undergoing some sort of lengthy repair process. I really don't know what's wrong with it, but it must be really bad eek! So to make a long story short I had to buy a cake at the store, actually I bought 2 small cakes about 6 inches around each, one chocolate, they other white... so hopefully that will work. I just didn't want to get a huge cake that we would be eating for days. But I was amazed to see how important the cake was to d/s. He kept asking me if he was going to get a cake this year and how much he loved birthday cake lol.
We had a nice Easter service at church. They served up a nice hot breakfast and I really enjoyed the time to sit and visit with people who I might only see in passing on any given Sunday. The only issue was during the service we had three young men in the back pew being disruptive, making noise and throwing water bottles in the air, so I had enough of it and went over and sat next to them and told them to put a sock in it... Needless to say, I was popular with the 13-16 year old crowd lol NOT!

Well the great part about getting up early to open presents is the kids will have lots of time to play with them before we have to attack schoolwork lol. I'm giving them another hour and then we'll tackle it.

Trip, bon voyage! I hope you have a wonderful trip. I will miss you here and on FB while you are gone, and will anxiously await your reports when you return. Safe travels!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

It's sunny and warm here in Daytona. We are staying untill wednesday then we head for S. Carolina to visit relatives. After that it's back to Ct.

Enjoy your day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old April 25th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cool and rainy day here in the windy city and the perfect day to do nothing. Having a hard time getting back into the groove of things and with many thing on my list of to doís the weather sure isnít helping.

We had a nice Easter gathering yesterday with way too much food, I feel like all I have done the past ten days was eat. My fat jeans are now fitting a little tighter so back on the old weight watchers routine for me after all I have a cruise seven months away! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning all. It's rainy again here. I am sick of the rain.
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Default Monday but Feels like Sunday

A good sunny morning to all. Let the warmup begin!

We, too, had an Easter filled with food . . . some new things, some traditional.

Today is back to normal with gym for Keith and ironing for me. Back to the exercise routine, as well.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Judy
Old April 25th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good Easter Monday everyone!

It was a good weekend for us. We had a great day with my brother and his wife, my nephew and niece plus my nephew from Texas. My brother lives in Texas and we really never had a chance to bond with his kids like the other kids. Now his son is going to college here in Minnesota and we have a chance to see him more and get to know him.

I've been busy this morning getting "stuff" ready for the first real lawn mowing. I changed the oil on the tractor and greased it up (even though I've already used it to de-thatch the lawn.) A run to the City Hall to pay for them to oil my gravel road is required so we will head down there and get that done as soon as Betty has made herself "presentable". "I told her why do all that? Heck, I brushed my teeth and washed my face. That's good enough to go give the city money and then work in the yard." Her response was "You're a man". My response was "Damn right baby!" :o

OK: It's time to go.

Sue: It sounds like Easter was wonderful. It is wonderful to see the grandkids, or the kids, do something like say a word in a play.

Donna: You saw "two" bunnies? I hope by the end of the summer you don't have a bunny bonanza.

To everyone: Have a great Monday and I hope this week is the best one you've ever had.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 25th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY