CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Kate's dress (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/382208-kates-dress.html)

Donna April 29th, 2011 10:16 AM

Kate's dress

What did you think about Kate's wedding dress?? I thought it is absolutely beautiful, simple, yet elegant with a long enough train, but not too long....agree?

LisaK April 29th, 2011 10:18 AM

Totally agree with you Donna, simple, elegant,sophisticated,showed off her figure beautifully

gb52877 April 29th, 2011 10:49 AM

I agree totally. She looked beautiful!!!

anniegb April 29th, 2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1368531)
What did you think about Kate's wedding dress?? I thought it is absolutely beautiful, simple, yet elegant with a long enough train, but not too long....agree?

Totally agree - her sister and the flower girls were beautiful too.

Annie

rollerdonna April 29th, 2011 11:13 AM

I agree. I was so glad to see it was not "over the top" like Diana's was, especially the train. Simple and elegant, down to earth like the bride!

donna

Trip April 29th, 2011 11:41 AM

Very retro...very Grace Kelly......there will be a rush on 50's stlyle gowns...no one predicted this look.....she looked quite beautiful!

CruisinK n J April 29th, 2011 11:50 AM

Kate's Dress

I thought she looked beautiful.

Judy

venice April 29th, 2011 12:00 PM

to add a male perspective:D..they say if you want to know what your young bride will look like when she gets older..take a look at her Mother...Kate's Mom is:!::!: hot :!::!: the future King of England did very well:-D:-D

didn't really notice Kate's dress :rofl:

debp April 29th, 2011 01:03 PM

I thought her sister was beautiful! I thought is was really nice the way the siblings were included in the wedding. Very much a family affair.

ruthlessboss April 29th, 2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1368541)
I agree. I was so glad to see it was not "over the top" like Diana's was, especially the train. Simple and elegant, down to earth like the bride!

donna

One of the moderators said Diana didn't like her dress, she had no choice. I thought Dianas was BAD.

Cruznut2 April 29th, 2011 04:18 PM

I have to agree, I did think the dress was lovely. Was not into wedding watching but was interested in the dress. I thought Diana's dress was ugly. I was sure glad her sense of style improved.

Laura

Moiraine April 29th, 2011 04:52 PM

Well, I've only seen pictures, but it looked very elegant.

Aerogirl April 29th, 2011 05:35 PM

I though everything was very nice. Bless them both with a happy and health long life together.

thecruisequeen April 29th, 2011 06:17 PM

Wow....Kate's dress was so plain jane nothing to it nothing special.
I was expecting a princess like wedding dress.
The headpiece was small and her flowers were so tiny.
Her earrings were very nice.

She is such a beautiful girl. Princess Diana gave me goosebumps on her wedding day none for Kate.

Kate and her new Hubby make a nice couple. Congrats to the couple.

I've seen alot nicer wedding dresses.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3932044_n.jpg

venice April 29th, 2011 09:16 PM

CQ...so when the:D Prince of New Jersey :Dask for your hand in marriage what type of gown will you wear that will allow you to Salsa at your reception:?:

thecruisequeen April 30th, 2011 07:30 AM

Here are a few Young & Modern dresses....:p:p

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7639228_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7746997_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6702908_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1401940_n.jpg

Venice I have rhythm and a passion for dance there is No dress that can stop me from dancing the Salsa. :p:p;):rolleyes:8-):-D

skymaster April 30th, 2011 07:59 AM

C.Q., I'll be watching the mail for my invitation when the "BIG DAY" comes!
Again, from a "male perspective", I too thought the dress was just right. Not too over the top, and absolutely beautiful,,,,just like the bride.
By the way, the "fashion folks" had a copy of the dress all sewn up, and on a model in less than three hours, and the word is that "the dress" will be on the shelf, and available for $995 in about three weeks.

"SKY"

venice April 30th, 2011 09:41 AM

CQ.....I can see you in the top 3 but not the last...when I go to Rio next year I'll be on the look out for a dress you can also Salsa in and also show your legs in a royal fashion:wink:

beenie weenie April 30th, 2011 09:53 AM

Truly I thought that it was a very classic understated design, not ostentatious in the least. I believe the understatement was intentional due to state of the British economy and the desire to have a royal wedding without being so over the top. They could have chosen the most exclusive designs on the market, but to go with something more simple and refined and avoid becoming a spectacle with something gaudy or "in your face", I felt was an appropriate move considering today's circumstances. It was lovely and very nicely done.

Phil&Liz April 30th, 2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster (Post 1368667)
...By the way, the "fashion folks" had a copy of the dress all sewn up, and on a model in less than three hours, and the word is that "the dress" will be on the shelf, and available for $995 in about three weeks. "SKY"

The morning show had a designer in LA that showed off his version. Said Lord & Taylor has exclusive for release in July.

Does copying a wedding dress count for the "something borrowed" part of the tradition?

Phil&Liz April 30th, 2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster (Post 1368667)
By the way, the "fashion folks" had a copy of the dress all sewn up, and on a model in less than three hours, and the word is that "the dress" will be on the shelf, and available for $995 in about three weeks.

"SKY"

The morning show had a designer in LA showing off his version. Said Lord & Taylor has exclusive for release in July.
Does wearing a copy of a dress count for the "something borrowed" part of the tradition?

Fern April 30th, 2011 08:19 PM

While I didn't follow much of the wedding, I did enjoy seeing Kate's dress and thought that the lace (the rose, thistle, daffodil and shamrock) was very nice and the short train was appropriate.

I also liked the dress worn by her sister, Pippa. I've seen many people questioning that she wore white (or maybe off-white), but I've also learned that the Maid of Honor in GB wears a "matching" dress to the bride's.

The only dress I saw that I didn't care for was Prince Harry's girlfriend, Chelsy:
http://www.blogcdn.com/royalwedding....0ssl042911.jpg

It looks like she was just "roused" out of bed and threw on two mismatched pieces and a hat.

BTW, what's with wearing your hat on your forehead???

venice April 30th, 2011 11:24 PM

me thinks Harry may like his new sister-in-law - Pippa;)

anniegb May 1st, 2011 03:47 AM

Venice -he does but she is spoken for. :)

Annie

venice May 1st, 2011 07:15 AM

Annie...well to paraphrase the popular song :rofl:...if you like it, better hurry up and put a wedding band on it:rofl:....if I were the man that has spoken for Pippin, after watching the wedding scene when Pippin was walking down the aisle , when Henry whispered to his brother ....I would be alittle worried;););)...I'm sure Kate & Pippin's Mom (who looked incredible also) noticed also:!:

anniegb May 1st, 2011 12:11 PM

Pippa Middleton

According to my nephew, someone started a F/B campaign for Pippa as 'Rear of the Year'; the site had so many hits - it crashed :)

There is a very long line of Pippa admirers in the UK.

I agree Venice, if he does not marry the girl soon - he could have well missed the boat :)

I know you are an admirer of Carole Middleton - did you see her evening gown - stunning !

Annie

venice May 1st, 2011 12:25 PM

Annie..yes I did see Mrs. M's evening gown and yes, it was stunning, but she would look stunning in jeansLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

at the private reception, if I were Prince Harry, instead of doing the electric slide with one of the bridesmaids, I would be doing a slow dance with Pippin/Kate's Mom and be whispering in her ear, 8-) I promise if you hook me up with Pippin, I'll make sure our wedding is bigger then Kate's8-)

katlady May 1st, 2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1368544)
Very retro...very Grace Kelly......there will be a rush on 50's stlyle gowns...no one predicted this look.....she looked quite beautiful!

I was going to say the same thing. The style of the dress was elegant and reminded me of Grace Kelly also. I didn't see to much of the wedding, however, the part I did see I loved the way Prince William and Kate shared glance and knowing smiles. Plus on in the carriage they were speaking with each other. They seem to really be in love. I wish they many happy years of marriage.

sherry280 July 10th, 2013 04:24 AM

cheap wedding dresses

Cheap and beautiful wedding dresses. - Buy Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses Online, Cheap Prom Dresses UK Store - IloveDress.co.uk