CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Canadians (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/382274-canadians.html)

Queen of Oakville May 3rd, 2011 09:58 AM

Canadians

Did you vote?

Did you vote by party, platform, or party leader?

Would you have voted differently if there was a different party leader at the helm?

My answers.
  1. Yes.
  2. By party leader.
  3. Maybe - depending on the leader. I may have been more inclined to vote for a different party, had there been a more favourable leader at the helm. In fact, if my local candidate had been at the helm of the party, I most surely would have voted for him. Unfortunately, he lost my vote because of who was at the helm. I am hopeful that he is a canddiate for the next leadership race.

rollerdonna May 3rd, 2011 10:09 AM

1. yes, voted, and also worked the polls.
2. voted by party, not local candidate
3. probably. did not like any of the party leaders.
one local candidate who is so popular should be with another party!

and finally, very surprised at what happened in Quebec. about time!

donna

Queen of Oakville May 3rd, 2011 10:40 AM

Totally surpised by Quebec. I heard it was over 70%.

To quote Michael Buble, "It's a new dawn, it's a new day"

anniegb May 3rd, 2011 11:11 AM

I thought Political Threads were banned?

Paul Motter mooted the banning of political threads - does that only apply to USA ?

Annie

Queen of Oakville May 3rd, 2011 11:33 AM

It's official, Ignatief has resigned.

Annie, was an offical ban ever issued? I know Paul asked for opinions, and we all agreed to play nice. I apologize if I posted something that is against terms of service, and if so, I'm sure the moderators will delete this thread.

jacdenv24 May 3rd, 2011 11:38 AM

I'd hardly call this a political thread-no mention of any candidate, leader or even party. It's really just a census. You want to see political? Check out where yesterdays thread "Monday,Time to Vote" ended up!

jacdenv24 May 3rd, 2011 11:40 AM

O.K. Now a leaders (ex) name is mentioned. But still no harm-it's all over the news anyhow.

anniegb May 3rd, 2011 01:39 PM

No apology required

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville (Post 1369201)
It's official, Ignatief has resigned.

Annie, was an offical ban ever issued? I know Paul asked for opinions, and we all agreed to play nice. I apologize if I posted something that is against terms of service, and if so, I'm sure the moderators will delete this thread.

Queen, no apology required - if no ban was implemented I am pleased.

The boards will become hotter next year me thinks.

Annie

PS Who is Ignatief ?- Canadian elections have received zero coverage in the UK - too busy with our referendum and elections on Thurs :)

Queen of Oakville May 3rd, 2011 02:00 PM

He is/was the leader of our Liberal Party.

His successor may bring renewed faith to the liberal party. Some are calling for Justin Trudeau's hat to be thrown into the ring. It appears he won his seat in the ridnig of Papineau.

ship2shore May 4th, 2011 03:29 AM

#1 Yes
#2 Party priciples (dunno if thats "party" or "platform)
#3 Nope. I vote my principles. My riding went another way.

and "vote splitting" sucks in my opinion.

Queen of Oakville May 4th, 2011 10:37 AM

hmmm, i'm not sure if there is a true difference between party and platform. What I meant by that is that some people vote Liberal because they have always voted Liberal, even though the Liberal Party platform may be different today than it was say 20 years ago.

I also find that while I may vote for one party federally, I will vote for a different party in a provincial election.