Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM
First Mate

Default Other Interests (besiedes the obvious)

We all have an interest in cruising, but what other things do you enjoy to do? We have a trailer on seasonal campsite which is on the St. Lawrence River and enjoy 'escaping' to it.

Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Admiral

we also have a trailer on a seasonal campsite, which is our weekend get-away our escape from everyday life
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Growing up in Montreal, we did a lot of camping [ahem ~ excuse to go over the border to shop in Plattsburg, NY and not have to pay for a hotel].

My kids have been asking to go camping, but I'm more the 5* hotel type!

We don't seem to have a lot of spare time. Our kids are young an over-enrolled in a lot of activities, so that ties up most of free time.

Right now, my favourite pass-time is TaeKwonDo. I train 4 to 5 times a week.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Admiral

I attend summer smooth jazz festivals both domestic and international..that's why I love the full charter smooth jazz cruises because it combines the best of both my passions
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Many years ago I asked my late wife Fran, if she would ever go camping. She replied, "Of course, just so long as there's room service."

As for my passion, it's rather obvious, reading.

Other than that I do hope and expect to visit London's Imperial War Museum and a couple of ports from where the North Atlantic convoys originated, the Isle of Man and possibly Normandy.

The good part is at most of these places I wouldn't have to get a hotel, in fact in London my niece lives in Hempstead. Of course they pay a fortune for a tiny apartment and I'm sure they'll have a larger place by the time I get there since they have a newborn and I'm sure their new residence will be in, while assuredly a nice section, certainly not where they now live although I note they still want to keep their current apartment!??!.

Todd
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I am with you Todd, enjoy any good book, expecially now when it is so easy to shop and load to my Kindle....Besides reading, I enjoy a few TV shows, both comedy and reality, Survivor and Amazing Race. Then there is the outside gardening and running around with the dog..

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Admiral

I enjoy reading. Both of us enjoy camping and NASCAR, of course getting to spend time with our grandson is high on our list of things to do.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Music is my passion .I attempt to attend as many concerts as possible every year .I also love to travel (land cruises) ,the theater and writing . The latter is something I've been doing for 37 years .I've dabbled in every medium from music reviews to serious writing .

I am also a fan of reality TV shows such as The Amazing Race ,American Idol and Survivor .
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Music, theater, reading, writing, photography (heavy Photoshop user), film, tinkering in my home theater, Sherlock Holmes, gardening, personal finance, food and wine, news junkie, travel of all varieties, throwing and going to parties, visiting friends near and far (and welcoming them when they visit us). Plus Harry Homeowner, since the honey-do list never seems to end.
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Default Other Interests (besides the obvious)

I, too, enjoy books, especially now that I have a Kindle. I love live theater, music, long weekends away, such as San Diego; shopping, and good food.

Judy
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Captain

couple months ago my sister andbother-in law bout a houseboat last weekend wew went and stay out on itwas a lot of fun
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Captain

Smile

Fishing , crabbing, working out in the yard, watching good and bad movies. My favorite movies are submarine movies.
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Talking Other interests

For many years, we would pack our daughter, two or three bulldogs, and all the necessary show equipment into our VW camper van and head off for a fairgrounds someplace for a dog show. We camped on the show grounds so we could be up and at the ring with our dogs at 8 AM. Our daughter slept in the hammock slung over the front seats, I slept in the pop up top bunk and my DW and the dogs slept in the bottom bed. We had a lot of fun.

Somehow I can't quite get into what was going on in our heads those days ...

These days we like going to Renaissance Faires ... I dress either as an Italian Renaissance dandy with sword and feathered hat or as a wizard in a grey robe and tall beat up hat. DW is Morgan Le Fay in a black bat winged dress, or a herbwife with a straw hat and woven bag. We watch Henry VII or Elizabeth I or Mary Queen of Scots enact some living history performances, enjoy the joust, and of course add to our garb and accoutrements at the many booths.

In addition we are very busy in the Masonic Lodge and Order of Eastern Star. I play parts in Scottish Rite degree drama. This weekend I am the Supreme Judge in the 30th degree!

Life is busy. That is one reason that relaxing on a cruise is a nice change.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html