Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday at Last!

Morning Mates, it's Friday and the sun is finally shining here in Pictou County.
Couldn't ask for more, except maybe a few degrees above the present 8C or 46F. I am looking forward to being outdoors with the kids this afternoon.

Maybe with all that space to play in, they will stop fighting with each other.. Yesterday I had to break up 2 serious fights with the same 2 kids, and had another fight with 1 kid who was challenging me. I wonder what would happen if I just left them to it... I am so ready for the weekend!

Tonight is Belly Fit night. There were not enough people for a spring session of Pilates, so our instructor is offering Belly Fit, which is quite fun. Focusing on strengthening the abs, it is a good all-0ver workout, but not overly aerobic, just stretching and toning. If you can stand the repetitive Middle Eastern music, it is fun...

Speaking of fun, I hope Trip is having lots of it! Miss you Trip!

donna
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is a beautiful day here near the shores of Whale Tail Lake. I was up before the sun this morning and was rewarded with a beautiful sunrise complete with chirping finches and the call of a Tom Turkey.

Today's forecast high is 70 so it will be a nice one. The bad part was that last night I saw my first "swarm" of mosquitoes. The first hatch are the type that are not aggressive. Their big brothers and sisters, that carry away small pets and children, should be here in about a week.

It is Grandparent's Day at my granddaughter's school. So we will be heading over there late this morning and see what's in store for us. They will be serving a special "Grandparent's Lunch". I'm guessing Ensure and prunes will be on the menu.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and fantastic weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Wow Donna, sounds like you have your hands full. These are some wild little cowboys and cowgirls you have! Hopefully they will learn to control the urge to knock the living daylights out of each other.

The kids and had fun on our little trip up to Grand Rapids, MI. I sent d/h up there to teach a class this week and the inlaws in Canada had asked if we might be able to get together sometime soon. Since Grand Rapids is only like 3-4 hours away from them we opted to just meet there. We had a fun shopping trip to one of the area malls and then an OK dinner at Macaroni Grill. The kids scored big time at the mall. D/D got lots of beautiful clothes from one of her favorite shops and d/s got 3 new games for his Nintendo DS. I enjoyed seeing a smile on everyone's face and scoring some really nice stuff from Williams Sonoma. The next night we had dinner at a place called the Acorn Grill, it is located at the Thousand Oaks Golf Club and it was a very nice place. We went there to celebrate Mother's Day together. The service and food were wonderful. The only downside was a table of three loud and obnoxious men were seated next to us about half way through our meal. They were so loud, we couldn't hear each other talk over them. That was really the only negative of our entire trip.
I decided to head home about 1:00 yesterday afternoon. So I packed up the kids and started making my way south. I remembered that there was a bunch of factory outlet stores near Michigan City. So I decided to stop on the way home and have a look around.... I had not been there in at least 20 years I think, maybe longer. I was happy to see an Ecco shoe outlet and the prices were less than half what I would have paid in the local shoe stores. I was very pleased. I also scored some nice dipping sauces from one of the gourmet shops.
Then we headed back on the road and the kids realized we were close to Fair Oaks Farm (You might have seen this massive organic, commercial dairy on Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe) so we stopped there and they got to jump up and down on the massive air pillow trampoline, then peruse the gift shop. The birthing barn had a red light outside which means none of the mommy cows were ready to have their babies while we were there. Lord knows we love the birthing barn... it has saved me many an awkward conversation to explain where on earth babies come from and all that stuff, yay!
Today I am waiting for my friends salon to open so I can see if I can score an appointment for Allie and myself. I need to get my hair done and Allie needs a mani/pedi in the worst way (so she says ) D/s has his new games that he can bring along while us girls indulge ourselves.
Tonight I told the boy that we would be going out to the Mexican Restaurant and he could take one of his buddies with him. So it should be a fun day for us.
Then back to grind stone next week and the following week we'll be heading south to Gatlinburgh. Hopefully we'll be able to see Todd while we're there!
Not much else happening. Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Admiral

good morning and TGIF. Its a nice day, sunny and mild. heading up to the camper tonight after work for some r&r
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Morning all. It's still quiet around here.

I'm not sure yet what I am going to do. I was planning on making a beef roast and then soup with the leftovers tomorrow but I may move it up to today instead.

My neurologist gave me a script for a new med yesterday. I'll get it today. Don't have any idea of what kind of side effects, if any that I'll have. I hate starting new meds. I hope that it helps though.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Mike, I hope the prunes and Ensure are yummy.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and sunny NY . My Neurologist took me off all meds in January.He believes there are too many side effects and that doctors LOVE to prescribe drugs .
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday at Last

Good morning. Looks to be sunny but a bit cooler.

It's gym day for Keith and a small pile of ironing for me. Nice to have it done before the weekend.

I am sad to report that my friend, Nancy, passed away on Wednesday from colon cancer. She was in a lot of pain and I hope that now she is in a better place.

On a happier note, does anybody out there have a Khol's store? Keith found a really nice polo short that he plans to have "Wright Flyer Project" printed, or some such thing.

A cup of coffee sounds good. Have a nice day.

Judy
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Judy, so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend Nancy. I hope you are right, and that she is in a better place now...

donna