Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, the Weekend is Here!

Morning Mates, from a dull, cool, Pictou County. I sound like a broken record, but the weather just does not change. It's still cold at 9C or 48F.
I'm hoping to get some gardening clean up done this weekend, if I don't freeze out there....
Don't know what else to do with myself this weekend. There is no more Sat. nite trivia at the local pub. During the spring and summer months it will be held only on the 4th Sat. of each month. I will miss it.
Nest week though, they are having a "Kitchen Party" which is a gathering of local musicians to jam together and just have fun.

Have a great weekend all!

donna
Old May 7th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
The morning is off to a dreary start here. There's is a 70% chance of rain in the forecast. So I guess I will be content to stick around and perform my indoor duties. Also I have grass that is way tall out on the soggy south end of the property. It is only 53 degrees out there right now, but I think I have no choice but to bundle up and go out and cut it or go rent a bush hog later this week. Yuck!
Had a busy but fun day with the kids yesterday. Today we have music lessons... and other stuff.
I think I will finish my cup of coffee, then go out and try to attack the jungle. Have a good weekend everyone!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It's another nice morning here in the North Star State. I am about ready to head outside and mow the lawn. The new mower does cut much nicer than the last one. The last time I didn't have to go over it twice to get it even.

Late this afternoon we will be having a "Family Feed" at Minneapolis', Fogo De Chao. The churrascaria will be invaded by our entire family. It is Betty's Mother's Day Present and tomorrow will be an open day so my daughter can have her own Mother's Day with her kids. She'll also need a day of rest to digest the copious amount of meat that will be consumed. Betty is planning on not getting out of bed tomorrow and just watch TV and finish a book she started yesterday. I probably won't post tomorrow because of the beef coma I will be in.

Well: It's time to get out and fire up the lawn tractor and hook up the sweeper and get the front and back 40 mowed.

Have a great Saturday and a wonderful Mother's Day.
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning and happy Mothers Day weekend!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from hot and sunny NY . Although the town pool will not be open till May 28 we are very close to a beach resort area and we will be going there for dinner this evening with friends . Prior to dinner we and our friends will be walking in the area soaking up some sun (as much as I can tolerate) .
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday, the Weekend is Here!

And a late, chilly, overcast morning to everyone.

It's very quiet here with Keith gone to work on the Wright Flyer Project and the neighbors doing heaven knows what. Only racket is the howling dog next door.

No particular plans for today, except to kep warmer than I am right now.

Judy