Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Captain

Smile Bin ladens home videos

Just read on A.O.L that they will be releasing some of Bin Ladens home videos. I was just curious since the majority were against releasing the photos of his death how you felt about these pictures? I think its prety cool maybe we can see him in his home life get to know him a little better maybe get a warm fluffy feeling for him you know just get to know him and understand this misunderstood man! A little more ! No sence in taking a look at this piece of crap dead lets learn about his personal life then we can all feel good about are selfs.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Admiral

The same AOL article mentioned that OBL was once a millionaire .I wonder where his money went ?
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Goodness, it's very well known that he was far more than a millionaire; he was extremely wealthy, much of it inherited. His family was/is one of the richest in Saudi Arabia, tied closely to the Saudi government. The family's construction interests are said to be worth upwards of 5 billion US.

He's reported to have used his own money to build his fortress McMansion, and a great deal more was plowed into terrorist activities, including training camps, etc.
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post
Goodness, it's very well known that he was far more than a millionaire; he was extremely wealthy, much of it inherited. His family was/is one of the richest in Saudi Arabia, tied closely to the Saudi government. The family's construction interests are said to be worth upwards of 5 billion US.

He's reported to have used his own money to build his fortress McMansion, and a great deal more was plowed into terrorist activities, including training camps, etc.
Ya whats the matter with you come on get with it
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Default OBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post

OBL was not only a millionaire but was fluent in many languages including English . This reminds me of Fidel Castro ,also fluent in English but always used an interpreter when speaking in english speaking countries.
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
OBL was not only a millionaire but was fluent in many languages including English . This reminds me of Fidel Castro ,also fluent in English but always used an interpreter when speaking in english speaking countries.
Probably didn't want to take a chance on making a faux pas while speaking English.

U.B.L. spent millions of his money, training people to kill us. Yep,,,you and me! :evil:

"SKY"
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Captain

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Probably didn't want to take a chance on making a faux pas while speaking English.

U.B.L. spent millions of his money, training people to kill us. Yep,,,you and me! :evil:

"SKY"
And I hope people will always remember that! And let us not forget all the people thru out the world he had a hand in killing!
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Admiral

UBL inherited 80 million dollars when he was only 13 and acquired millions more since that time. It's very difficult to believe that members of the whole family (very extensive because of multiple wives, children, etc.) did not add to his coffers even if he was disinerited as some have claimed.

The owner of an upscale European hotel who got to know him when he was a pre adolescent said he was very correct and well behaved and very religious, praying seven times a day, every day, at a time most Muslims prayed far less. I would guess he became radicalized probably by himself as an adolescent although I've read no biographies on him. I am of the opinion that he turned himself into the monster he became in much the same way as did Adolph Hitler. As was Hitler with Nazism, he was obsessed with turning the World into a radical Muslim planet.

Of course with the total destruction of Germany in WWII, the people had in great part turned against Hitler if only because of what happened to them as opposed to ideological reasons. People whose countries are devastated have a tendency to do that if not necessarily for ideological or religious ideological reasons but for simple reasons of survival. Only later do they really realize how horrific their leader they once idealized really was. I think it's coming somewhat evident that while Muslims (especially Arab Muslims) have no love for the US (which goes back for generations and generations) they also really didn't like Bin Laden. I think this is evident in the demonstrations against totalitarian governments throughout the Middle East.

I think it's a win-win to release the videos if only it shows those living in caves and doing all the fighting that the guy whom they believed was in effect, fighting in the trenches with him (seen in mountainous arid rocky areas with a walking stick whenever he was filmed out of doors), certainly was not and lived for the average Muslim, an opulent lifestyle in a monstrous home in Pakistan within what he felt was the total security of an upper middle class neighborhood with beautiful scenery surrounding him. I have yet to see any tapes so this is based only on the photos released, I am not surprised that he probably lived in conditions that the average American would find deplorable even though he certainly didn't have to. From the pictures I've seen, the place so far looks to me to be more akin to a "flop" house. While maybe not the case, it would not surprise me in the least were we to learn that relatively few showers and baths were taken by those in residence. I so hope that the children (at least those of an age that they are not yet inculcated with radicalism, will be put into homes where they would have a chance to live as normal a life as possible, although I don't believe that will ever happen, thus his children may well turn out to be just like their father.

Todd
Old May 8th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Admiral

makes one think about OBL tv watching habits..since he had cable did he watch the tv show 24 (so he could learn how to deal with a Black American POTUS) and perhaps gleem some ideas did he watch Oprah so he could learn how to be more intuned to what American women wanted ? did he watch Fox with Bill O'Reily and listen to Rush on his HD radio or did he watch John Stewart?..did he watch Family Feud with Steve Harvey and promise his many wives that they would go on the show and try to win the car..did he watch C-Span the night of the White House Correspondence Dinner and laugh at the jokes made about him having a show on C-Span from 4-5...did he consider going on the Apprentice so he could hang out with Donald Trump,,,did he allow his many wives to watch Real Housewives of Afghanistan

inquiring minds want to know..the hell with releasing the pictures..let's release his twitter account
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Default Jon Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
makes one think about OBL tv watching habits..since he had cable did he watch the tv show 24 (so he could learn how to deal with a Black American POTUS) and perhaps gleem some ideas did he watch Oprah so he could learn how to be more intuned to what American women wanted ? did he watch Fox with Bill O'Reily and listen to Rush on his HD radio or did he watch John Stewart?..did he watch Family Feud with Steve Harvey and promise his many wives that they would go on the show and try to win the car..did he watch C-Span the night of the White House Correspondence Dinner and laugh at the jokes made about him having a show on C-Span from 4-5...did he consider going on the Apprentice so he could hang out with Donald Trump,,,did he allow his many wives to watch Real Housewives of Afghanistan

inquiring minds want to know..the hell with releasing the pictures..let's release his twitter account

I doubt very much that he watched him