CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Paul Motter (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/382360-paul-motter.html)

Luanne Russo May 8th, 2011 02:15 AM

Paul Motter

I just read your article on the Fox News web site. It is so refreashing to finally to hear some good news about cruising. Well done...

venice May 8th, 2011 09:56 AM

Paul...since you are a Fox News contributor can you get me a signed picture of Sarah Palin and a Glen Beck teeshirtrofl

Mike M May 8th, 2011 10:16 AM

Here's the link to his latest Fox Business News article.

Think You Know Cruising? Better Think Again - FoxBusiness.com

Take care,
Mike

Paul Motter May 8th, 2011 12:02 PM

Thank you, Louanne

I have a confession - with no new ships coming out (except magic, which is a near clone of Dream - and I am not on her) I have a problem.

I am having a hard time coming up with cruise topics. I feel I have done them all!

ToddDH May 8th, 2011 12:10 PM

Outstanding column (as usual) Paul. I understand your problem with keeping your column "fresh."

You are truly an asset to the industry.

Todd

Manuel May 8th, 2011 04:48 PM

That certainly was a good piece of writing.

I hope that it encourages more people to cruise.

TM

Fern May 8th, 2011 09:06 PM

Nice article, Paul. It put's to rest the "old" way of cruising :D!

Paul Motter May 9th, 2011 03:17 AM

I am glad you all liked it.

It was inspired by a real talk0show host on radio during the Carnival Splndor incident. I heeard him go on for an hour about how you'd never get him on one of those floating prison camps - and everything he said about why not was out-dated information...

"You're stuck on a small boat with a bunch party animals & kids..."

"You have to eat dinner who Joe the life insurance salesman every night"

"The entertainment is nothing but a bunch of losers who couldn't work anywhere else."

"They have a dress code like its an a academy school"

.... blah, blah, blah.

I just thought it sounded so 1990s.

venice May 9th, 2011 09:54 AM

Paul..you should invite him on a future CruiseMate group cruise and Dave The Wave can be his cabinmaterofl

Fern May 9th, 2011 09:27 PM

Paul, the only thing I didn't agree with was this: "Most cruises also deliver passengers' favorite newspapers to their room every morning."

While I'd LOVE to get my local newspaper (and would pay a reasonable fee for it), I've never seen it available :(. It's not a small town paper, but the only major newspaper in Arkansas (the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette).

I don't know, but I'm thinking you can only get the "big" paper's like USA Today, The New York Times, etc.. .

If you have more information I'd love to hear it :D !

Rev22:17 May 11th, 2011 06:23 PM

Paul,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You (Post 1369965)
I have a confession - with no new ships coming out (except magic, which is a near clone of Dream - and I am not on her) I have a problem.

I am having a hard time coming up with cruise topics. I feel I have done them all!

JTOL, how about some segments on some of the unusual itineraries that cruise lines are now offering? Most folks at least know somebody who has taken a cruise to Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, or perhaps Alaska, but how many people are aware of not-so-standard offerings that one finds on repositioning cruises?

>> Pacific Coastal Wine Cruise

>> Canada/New England

>> Hawai'i

>> South America

>> Australia/New Zealand

>> South Pacific

>> Far East

>> Transatlantic (Mediera, Azores, Canary Islands, Iceland & Greenland)

>> Baltic

>> Black Sea

>> Others?

Norm.