Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Default SUNDAY, and MOTHERS DAY

Happy Mothers Day to all of you "mothers" out there. Hope the day is exceptional for you all! The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is still sleeping at the moment. The "critters" and I decided to be very, very quiet this morning, and allow her to sleep in for a change. She seems to be enjoying the change.
Not too much going on around here today. Vita is researching a Med Cruise to be taken with one of her sisters, and a niece who decided she also wants to go. I've been there, and done that, and I think it'd be great fun for the "girls" to take this one alone.
Once again, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to y'all!

"SKY"
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Well thank you "Sky" for the good wishes this morning. I got to sleep in too, nothing better as far as I'm concerned!
Sounds like a fun plan for Vita and the "girls", I hope she enjoys the planning..

The sun is making an attempt to shine this morning, and it's already 10C or 50ish F, so it looks like the gardening may get done finally. I put it off yesterday as it was so cold and windy all day.

No plans to celebrate Mothers Day; I miss my mom so much at times like this, and my kids too, they are so far away. It's just another Sunday...

donna
Old May 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Happy Mothers Day ladies. D/S and D/S are taking my mom and I out for dinner later today. Have a blessed day everyone!
Thanks SKY!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

We are spending lunch with my soon to be 94 year old MIL and dinner with my soon to be -- year old daughter .
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Happy Mothers
Day!

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone and a special good morning to all Moms.

We are in the process of getting ready to go to the movies with the grandkids. Last night we had our Mother's Day with the family at Fogo De Chao. It is a Brazilian churrascaria and we definitely ate our fill of meats. It took me back to Moderno on Epic. The meat is definitely better at Fogo but the salad bar at Moderno, while smaller, was certainly better. No matter what we had a WONDERFUL time and everyone enjoyed themselves.

The grandkids wanted to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's so their Mom agreed and thought that sleeping in on Mother's Day would be a great gift. So we are all meeting at the theater in an hour, enjoy the movie, and then my daughter and the kids are going horseback riding. Betty and I are heading over to my nephew's. My brother is starting his summer relocation from Phoenix and is staying at my nephew's until his home is "de-winterized". We'll have a BBQ over there.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day and enjoys the day no matter what you do.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday and Mother's Day

A rainy good morning and happy Mother's Day. The weather mavens say it's not going to be a nice day, so celebrations will have to be inside.

Keith is giving me a lesson in using the new diabetes meter. So complicated, and like everything else you get these days, you don't use all the stuff on it anyway.

Since Im not a mommy, we both decided to have French toast at home. Restaurants will be jammed. Whatever you're doing today, I hope it's a safe and pleasant day for all.

Judy
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Admiral

I swear I was going to write as my first sentence (Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there and then...........). So let me re-phrase that to, "Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms out there!"

It's a bit of a maudlin day for me for the obvious reasons but at least it's sunny and warm. I'm frixing a 9.5 pound Choice Bottom Round roast ($3.99 a pound) with home made gravy to take out to our Animal Adoption Center. Thankfully, another Board member and extremely good friend is fixing the sides. I admit I bought an almost fifteen pounder but had the rump end cut off and made sure it was totally untrimmed (meaning a thick junk of fat on it). That is now ensconced in my freezer for later in the week! I mean c'mon, I think I need to get something out of this too since I'm the guy spending the money.

Hope everyone has an absolutely marvelous day, especially all of the mothers and even mothers-to-be.

Of course as always, prayers and a request for Blessings upon all continue every night.

Todd