Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Default Miserable Monday

Morning Mates, not only is it Monday, but it is a miserable, pouring rain Monday, and back to 6C again. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever see summer...

donna
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others who will follow.

Doona, sorry to hear about your weather. Ours is not too bad, we are expecting 72 F.

The summer is allways too short for my DW and I,that is why we have plans to buy a house in Florida.

Have a nice week everybody.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:45 AM
First Mate

Well, I am up, in my office and tackling what I can this morning. The sun is out (wonder!!) and the temps are to be near 70 degrees F (finally!!). Hold on RD, summer will eventually get there; it is just arriving in NW Ohio!

Strained my neck/shoulder pretty bad yesterday. Holly ran to get a ball and I was not paying attention. Ran out her 16 foot leash and yanked my left arm pretty hard. Was not expecting it and that hurt! Now, my neck/shoulder is stiff and sore. Will ask doctor if it affected my neck surgery on Thursday. Hope to get rid of the neck collar too!

Yesterday was a quiet day. Did housework with DH help on Saturday. DH planted a couple perrenials and we mostly sat around for the day. Enjoyed it!

Good day to all and hope all needing healing get it!

Old May 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from a stormy Minnesota. Thor was hammering away early this morning and we had a couple of thunderstorms roll through. Nothing severe but enough to stir me out of sleep at 4:30 a.m. Luckily I fell back to sleep until almost 7. That gave me almost seven hours of sleep.

I needed it after this weekend. We had a really nice weekend. On Saturday evening the entire family had dinner at Fogo De Chao and everyone had a great time. Even the grandkids. I'm glad they don't charge kids 5 or under because my grandson isn't a big meat eater and just munched on some salad, hearts of palm and bread. Yesterday we all went to lunch and the movies. After that Betty and I went to see my brother and his wife who are staying at my nephew's until their house is de-winterized this week. He is like Kuki. An Arizona snowbird who has flown north for the summer.

Today has nothing on the agenda. I suppose I could do a bit of vacuuming and dusting but I'll see if the spirit moves me.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Haimia: Stop playing "crack the whip" with the pup. I hope all is OK with the neck.

Donna: Even if it's cool and rainy it could always be worse.

Manuel: There are some good deals on real estate in Florida right now. Now is the time to take advantage of it.

My thoughts go out to Kuki and I hope that his mom is doing better.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
So far today it is pretty nice out. The sun is shining and it is beautiful and warm. I really can't complain too much, even though if I look at the extended forecast, they are predicting a 30-60% chance of rain everyday for the next 10 days. Me being the eternal optimist that I am, thinks that could mean that there is 40-70% chance that it won't rain.... works for me, the odds seem to be in my favor lol.
Had an interesting Mother's Day. I helped out at one of our local restaurants since they were expecting a tremendous Mother's Day rush. Well they were right and it was complete and total pandemonium. There were people lined out the front door and into the parking lot waiting for tables. We worked very hard and I hope we helped make all the Mom's and their families happy and our efforts helped contribute to a terrific Mother's Day dining experience. I loved seeing the smiles on all the Mom's faces as we did our best to spoil them a little on their special day. Last night once I had time to sit down, relax, change clothes, drink a couple of glasses of wine, rub my feet and regroup, d/h and I and the kids all went out for a casual dinner at the local steak house, and while I have always had a very healthy respect for people who work in the hospitality and service industry, let me say that I have a profound appreciation of the wonderful lady who took time away from her own family on Mother's Day to take care of mine last night!(our favorite waitress of all time, Allison, who gives consistently excellent service and spoils my children rotten).

I personally have rescheduled Mother's Day to Wednesday. Our church is having a Mother Daughter banquet, and it meant the world to my sweet daughter to be able to go with me. We are also kidnapping the neighbor lady and taking her as well.

Today I have got to run down to the dollar store and pick up some clothes hangers as I am running short. I am working with the kids on getting their closets organized and hanging their stuff up so they can see what they have rather than stuffing it all into dresser drawers. Of course there is lots of laundry that needs to be done and tons of stuff that needs to be cleaned and tonight I have to attend a church board meeting. I am not sure what we will be doing at this meeting but no doubt it will be interesting since we are in the process of one Pastor leaving and a new one coming in.

Well I hope you all have a great day and the warm weather hurrys up to Donna's neck of the woods!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cooler and breezy day in the windy city with very little sunshine, the big warm up starts tomorrow.

We had a great mother’s day and a delicious dinner. We also visited a Lazy Boy store and purchased a new sofa that will be delivered on Thursday so yes, it was a great day!

My cars in the shop all day today so I’ll work out in the garden and get a little laundry done. Not much else, have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny and hot NY .I was out early to walk and exercise .
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Miserable Monday

I sympathize with you, Donna. Weather's not too spring-like here in SoCal, either. Ma Nature will make up for it in the middle of the week, however.

I'm headed for the clinic for some routine blood tests. A jacket will be necessary.

Maimia, I hope the doctor has good news for you.

Judy