Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Default Good morning Sunshine

Good morning from sunny, hot, love bug infested Florida! The cars are beginning to appear with black smears all over them, and the repaint companies are probably rubbing their hands in glee. Ah, one of the small annoyances you have to put up with in Paradise.

Not much happening here except getting things sorted through to prepare for the trip north at the end of the month.

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Admiral

(Merged my thread with Phyll's...Phyll, wish we had some of your sunshine!)

Morning Mates, another miserable weather day here in Pictou County, and the perfect day for being lazy and sleeping in late.
It is amazing how GREEN everything is getting at last, and buds are finally appearing on the trees with all this rain. Now if it would just get up over 5C!!

Today at work we will have a special guest. I saw an article in the paper about a local boy who is making origami paper cranes to send to Japan as a friendship gesture, and who is teaching others how to make them, and raising money to send to Japan for Red Cross relief after the earthquake and tsunami. The kid is 11 years old, and I know him from my after school program last year in another school, so I invited him to come and teach my after school kids a lesson in origami and in human kindness. Believe me, they could all use the latter...

Well, better get some work done around here, and some breakfast too.
Have a good one all!

donna
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning Phyll, Rollerdonna and all who follow!

I have to kind of rush this morning even though I was up at 6:30. Need to fax my precription record to Cleveland on my way to meet a good friend for lunch at 11. We're going to Johnson City. I only take seventeen a day some BID and one TID. I'm a walking pharmacy!

It's to be warm and sunny here today with a high in the low 80'sF. I'm currently rushing to get some laundry done.

Don't envy you the preparation for going back up North, Phyll!

See R/D, there might be hope for the little monsters after all!

Prayers and Blessings continue and hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

Todd
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well today is the beginning of summer I think. It's already 73 degrees outside and it is supposed to get up in the mid-high 80's. I think I need to vacuum the pool one more time then the solar cover will go on and we should be able to swim soon YAY!

I got some laundry done yesterday and got the d/d's closet expansion done. Then I went outside to put together the kid's new trampoline, it took a couple of hours, but all that is left is to install the net enclosure. It a nice one. Hopefully it will last a long time! My arms arm kind of sore and I have a nice sunburn... Small price to pay to make them happy!

I got a call from a gal whose son will be having the same reconstructive foot surgery my son had. The surgeon sometimes has pediatric patients parents call me to answer parent's questions. I remember how scared and nervous I was and there really wasn't anyone available to talk to about it. This gal's son is the same age as d/s and his surgery is scheduled for next week. Anyhow she was interested in d/s's knee roller and so we're meeting at 11:30 nearby so she can pick it up.

As usual, lots of work to do around the house. I think that could be remedied, if I would actually do it, instead of just thinking about it lol.

Well I hope you all have a great day. I am sending some of our warm weather Donna's way and pray that the love bug pestilence leaves Florida soon.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Admiral

good morning mates, its shaping up to be a nice day, sunny but a bit breezy
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM
First Mate

A cloudy, potentially rainy, day in NW Ohio. But, we are to get in the low 70's F. Finally, I can sit outside without a jacket!

Haimia: Stop playing "crack the whip" with the pup. I hope all is OK with the neck. quoted by Mike M. This was such a good visual description! This is exactly what Holly did to me. DH thinks it was his fault, since he threw the ball. But, I should have been paying attention more. The neck/shoulder feels like I have a pulled muscle. Hopefully, no more but will check on Thursday.

I have managed a couple full days in my office since surgery. Some of the evening pains have subsided (mostly stinging in the low neck and to the sides). I assume this is part of the healing process. Overall, the surgery was not as painful or restricting as I had assumed. I just hope I am not overdoing it. Don't feel like I am.

I am so looking forward to our TA cruise that is coming up in less than six months!! I hope to do some research and really enjoy this trip. We did an eastbound TA last spring and loved it (except for losing six hours - 1 hour for six days!!). This time, we are doing a westbound TA and can hardly wait to get back those six hours plus additional ones due to time change and going to TX port. Ah, less than six months!

Well, I better get busy with other things needing done in my office. Hope all have a great day!
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny HOT NY
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Sunshine

Good morning. Not too nice the last couple of days, but I do ee some sun periodically. Maybe today will be an improvement.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!... not from my patio perch in Scottsdale, and not from the lavish luxury of my Penthouse Suite, but from back in Calgary.

The weather has thankfully changed for my arrival. Heading to near 60 today, and moving into the 70s F by the weekend.

I came home from LA rather than going back to Az. for a couple of days as planned, as my mother is in the hospital. Yesterday she seemed to be rallying, today she's slipped back a bit.

Had difficulty getting to sleep last night, so took an extra sleeping pill. As a result woke up in a stooper. Going to wait until my head normalizes a bit before I get behind the wheel of my car, to go over to the hospital.

If you hadn't been following along, and want a bit of entertainment, you may want to read my Virtual Cruise from Crystal Symphony.

Virtual Cruise - Crystal Symphony - Hawaii - Getting "Crystalized"

I'd been offered an assignment to go spend 6 days in Miami next month to cover a familiarization trip on the topic of Miami Hotels, restaurants and night clubs. I've decided I have to turn it down to stay home, and be with my mother.

Oh well... those opportunities will hopefully keep coming up. I'd have loved to go visit some of my Florida friends, as it's been quite awhile since I cruised out of Florida, and seen them.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/