Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Default Friday!!

Morning Mates, you'll have to excuse my enthusiasm for Friday since I had such a difficult day at work yesterday. I just wanted to take 2 kids and bang their heads together to see if I could knock any sense into them!
Not that I would ever do such a thing, but it would be simpler to bang my own head against a wall than to try to reason with any of them...

Anyway.... I am spending this morning at a daycare with much younger kids,
subbing for someone, then on to the brats this afternoon. Hopefully, I will survive the day, then it's on to Belly Fit class tonight!

Have a good Friday the 13th, as we ease our way into the weekend....

donna
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We are having a beautiful friday here. Sunny weather and comfortable temps.

Hope that you all have a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful Texas, where it is sunny and windy, but with a cool breeze. I have the windows open, which will not happen much in the next couple of months.

We now have only a couple of days together, so we are trying to make the most of it. My favorite part is listening to my son, and Jim laughing, at something they are doing together. We have come a long way in the last two years. At last, laughter has returned.

A couple of months ago, I turned Joe's old room into a man cave, with a sign on the door that indicates that it is Jim and Josh's Man Cave. They get back there and watch tv, play games, and talk. I debated on what to do with the room, and for months, no one but me, would even go in there. Now it is a place of fun, and laughter, which was what Joe was all about.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Well, summer is over and it's back to spring. Cool and damp outside and it is supposed to remain that way for the next few days.

Not feeling the best today. I went out to eat last night at a BBQ place and the chicken is not sitting well. I doubt it's salmonella since the chicken was so overcooked nothing could have survived.

Well it's time to see what the day brings.

Donna: I think you should bring some "special juice" to class and give it to the little brats.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
First Mate

A nice Friday here, to get into the 80's and currently sunny, but showers/storms can happen at any time with this heat. I went to doctor yesterday. Got rid of the neck collar, can lift up to 25#, can drive and do what I can - gently! Dog merely strained my neck when she pulled on lead running after ball. Still sore, but metal in my neck was perfectly straight and solid-looking (but somewhat gruesome, when I realize it is the inside of MY neck I was looking at!).

Not much happening here this weekend. DH is working his Saturday (tonight) and DD#2 is at her river cottage, painting. They hope to be ready by Memorial Day to have friends over, but still in debate. It's a lot of work to get the cottage ready, but I am sure they will enjoy it when it is done. DD#2 is definitely my water child!!

DD#1 is finishing a week of classwork in Lansing, MI. Then, it's back to Kalamazoo until the end of June, when she and DSIL move back to our neck of the woods. She starts new job at pediatric medical office in July. Will be good to have her close by again!

Hope all have a good day and a great weekend!

Old May 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temps creepting to 70F again today, with a few more clouds in the sky.

Yesterday was a bit of a better day for my mother. Beginning to feel just a bit like herself again. She's transferred to a cardiac ward, apparently where she'll be watched closer.

Have to report our health care system, even in the hospital has gone down hill even since my experience with father a couple years back. I used to say if you were sick the health care was outstanding. Now, the nurses don't seem to be involved as they were. Took an hour and a half to get my mother a tylenol for her headache yesterday.

I'm golfing again this morning. Warm up for my club's opening day tournament tomorrow.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 13th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default Friday!

Good morning. Friday, indeed, and nothing on the slate today.

Yesterday, my doctor told me that there might be knee replacement surgery in my near future. In december, I fell while getting out of the car. I thought I only sprained an ankle. An x-ray should tell me next week if I need to cancel the trip to Minnesota for my mother's 96th birthday. I hope doctor will say that the knee will heal on its own with physical therapy help.

Gym day for Keith and then I hope we can get out and enjoy the nice warm weather.

Judy

Old May 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny and beautiful NY