Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning Almost Sunshine!

Morning Mates, the sun is trying real hard to make an appearance today.
It is all of 8C right now, but supposed to hit 15C this afternoon, or 59F.
We will be outside in shorts to celebrate later on!

I'm up early for a dentist, then a doctor's appointment this morning. I'd better get used to being up at 6:30 am because in another month, this will be my life.

Wishing you all a good day, and special thoughts go out to Todd today to feel better and be back with us soon.

donna
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Admiral

A very good morning to all.

Donna, if it's almost sunshine, it's a start of some nice weather.
We are doing quite well here in Ct. as far as the weather is concerned. War temps and sunshine for the next few days.

I also send get well wishes to Todd and everyone who is not feeling well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old May 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Well, summer has arrived and all I can say is yay! Will be in the 80's till Monday.

Today, I need to remove all the winter clothes, that I was unbable to do before I left for Italy...hate this twice a year job, but, when it's done I do feel better.

Going to maks a batch of fried eggplant for sandwiches too...I can make a supper out of it..Bruce...ah..not so much,

Todd, wishing you the best...make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Hope the day is treating you all well. Looks as though our area survived the attack of multiple severe weather fronts yesterday. There were lots of downed power poles and one of Parke County's historic covered bridges suffered some superficial damage, some roofs will need reshingled, but I do consider us very fortunate indeed. Our Pastor's wife's niece who was rescued from the Walmart in Joplin with a broken leg and head injuries, continues to improve. Her Husband was able to get out to the site of their apartment, which was also destroyed by the tornado and he kept a file folder of important documents such as insurance, birth certificates etc.. inside a desk. Well the desk and most of their belongings were gone. But somehow in the midst of that rubble and destruction they were able to find that file folder. I think that is pretty miraculous.

Our weather today is somewhat gray and sad, but we'll take it. The remainder of the holiday weekend should be wonderful. I got in the pool day before yesterday and it was wonderful. Looking forward to finishing up the mulch job around the outside of the house and getting the garage cleaned out this weekend. Pray I don't get lost out there lol. My goal for today is to get the kids to clean up their rooms. For some reason they have resisted finishing the job... I am over it.

I've been thinking about Todd like all of you and pray they can get his ticker to cooperate. It was so good to see him, but he isn't feeling up to snuff and I would love to see him feeling like his old self again.

Well I think I will go get cleaned up and attack this house before it attacks me. There's always something that needs to be done around here and I really need to invest some time with the kids to get them to help me out more than they do. I hate to battle with them over this stuff, but these are habits they need to develop now. It will do them a world of good and me too

Hope you all have a great day! Take care and stay safe!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 26th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny NY
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM
First Mate

Well, a quieter day today - mid 70's F and maybe a little rain/storm. Yesterday, we had about 4 hours of storms, tornado warnings, thunder, lightening and rain - LOTS OF RAIN! No damage near here that I know of; but the weather was pretty wicked. Poor Mia (older dog) spent most of the day yesterday hugging the bathtub or toilet. The little pup, Holly, was completely oblivious to the weather. Hope that she stays that way!

DH is working his Saturday (Friday night) this weekend. No other plans at this time! DD#2 will be home Friday evening. She has a wedding and plans to be at the river cottage to work. Won't probably see much of her over the weekend. Not much else to do!

I will probably be scrapping some over the weekend. Working on our last cruise from April 2010. I am making some headway with this project. Closing in on the halfway point. However, the ports of call were mostly on the second half of the cruise. So, lots more to do!

Have a good day all and healing to those in need.
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I've begun initial work on the ArK. The rains have begun and are forecast to continue, possibly through next week.

I've solved that conundrum by booking a flight south to Az. for next Wed., for 6 days. I was just going down to finish of the clean, cover, and close for our condo (that I missed doing when I changed my plans after my Crystal cruise).

But, turns out 3 guys I know got the same idea, so it's turning into a guy's golf trip.

Heading to the hospital shortly to see if my mother is still doing ok, and if the assessment team has made a decision on whether she can go home.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 26th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
I was just going down to finish of the clean, cover, and close for our condo (that I missed doing when I changed my plans after my Crystal cruise).

But, turns out 3 guys I know got the same idea, so it's turning into a guy's golf trip.
Now Kuki, I wouldn't offer to do this for just anyone but if you should find that this trip down south is too much for you, just let me know and I will unselfishly volunteer to fly out there and help you out. I am sure flights from Indiana wouldn't cost you quite as much. Just make me a list of what needs to be done while I am there and I'll take care of it for you. Also tell the guys I can help them out and complete their foursome. I have a mean drive, if I do say so myself. It would be good to see all my old buddies in Arizona... and it would allow you to stay home and take care of your Mom, complete the ark and all that other stuff that your lovely bride has on your Honey Do list...
I know you're overwhelmed by my generosity... that's right I'm a giver lol

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I talked to Todd a few minutes ago. He has had a small set back, and will have further tests this afternoon. If all goes well, they should be leaving for home tomorrow. He is due to call me after the tests. I will let you know, when I know.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning almost Sunshine

Good morning! A beautiful warm sunny day. Looks like the warm weather is here for the season. That means that I, too, will have to do the closet switch. MY DH will have to help me, though, because if this sore shoulder and knee. He won't like that!

Keith went to Riverside today instead of Saturday. Will be a treat to have him home for a whole weekened!

My day will be filled with laundry! Thank heavens for washers and dryers.

My best wishes go out to Todd for a full recovery.

Judy