Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Default SUNSHINE Friday!!

Morning Mates, the sun is shining early and that is cause for celebration here in Pictou County! It is already 13C and headed up to 19C or 66F, practically a heat wave compared to recent weeks.
I will be down on the waterfront this morning at the Ship Hector site. We are having a "FAM tour", or familiarization tour for 21 travel agents across the province, to encourage them to send people to our little town. Should be interesting, and thank goodness the sun is shining!

Work will be easy this afternoon - play outdoors and enjoy the weather!
Then, bring on the weekend....

Oh, and Todd, sending very best wishes your way. Miss you!

donna
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .

Good health to all who are ailing .
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be a gorgeous week here, and we so deserve it all! I am watching GMA, in Central Park,with Lady Gaga,and singing along with her. Lucy loves her, so I will save this tape, so she can watch it when she comes over.

This weekend Bruce will be planting his garden...he bought more containers, I think we may be up to 20...If you see Fedex coming with a package for you, it will be tomatoes or cukes from us

Enjoy the holiday,and make it a safe one.....we need you all!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 27th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Admiral

A sunny but cold morning here today and the wind just keeps blowing! As a matter of fact it’s been windy here since the new mayor took over; after all we are the “windy city”. Temps going up over the weekend and close to 90 on Monday!

A big thank you goes out to all the men and women who serve and served our great country this Memorial Day weekend. God bless you all and may the lord keep you safe. A special thanks to all the families of our troops, it must be very hard to have them gone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Captain

Cloudy but with peeks of sun this morning. Temps to get up to around 80 today. My car is at the service station this morning, having some minor repair work done. Once it is finished it is off to Louisville, Ky for us. We along with 6 friends from Columbus, Oh. are attending the PGA Senior golf tournament. This will be a first for me. I don't play golf but enjoy watching it on TV, now I will see it up close.
Talked with Todd Wed. evening and the report was not the best. He said his procedure lasted quite a long time and he was stll in defib. The Dr. thought it might be stress related as he had rec'd word one of his cats was missing and that had him pretty upset. He and DeAnna were heading home Thurs. am with hopes the cat was just in major hiding mode and will be found when he gets home. He is going to see his Cardo Dr. at home to see if there is a game plan. He is such a wonderful person I pray all works out for him.
Trip, I'll be watching for the delivery man, we love maters & cukes!
Rd, Have fun playing outside for a change.

Prayers for all those in need. Everyone have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

It's the start of the Memorial Day Weekend. We are on kid duty again this weekend but it's a duty I'm more than happy to pull. Hopefully it will be a bit more fun than last weekend.

Betty is gone right now. She had to take my granddaughter to school and she'll pick her up this afternoon. I made pancakes for my grandson and he ate one and then wanted "cereal". Oh well, the kid doesn't like grandpa's pancakes.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend and remember that this weekend is for memory of those who have served and died for our country. Take a minute to think of them and say "thanks".

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well to be truthful it is pretty ugly and gray at the moment. I am not impressed. But the weatherman has assured me that better days lay ahead. Honestly I must admit the drizzly gray days make it easier to spend time inside and get work done that I really would have a tough time making myself do, if it were sunny and warm.

Yesterday the kids made some major headway on their bedrooms. We are at a crossroads of sorts. Both kids have outgrown so many of their toys and it is painstakingly difficult for them to go in and go through every iten in a bin or toy box and decide whether to keep it or toss it. But they must, or we will have to build an addition for just their stuff. So much of it hasn't been touched or played with in a very long time and there is no sense warehousing old stuff. There are a few things that are special that we will save for the kids to pass on to their own kids when they get older, like d/d's favorite babydolls and d/s's train set, but a lot of it is just junk that needs to be pitched.

There's still lots of work to do today. D/D has expressed a desire to have her walls painted and a border of lilac flowers. I have no issues with this request so long as I can walk through the room lol. I would really like to replace the flooring in both kids rooms too. But that will probably be a project for the fall.

I am anxious to hear how Todd is getting along in Cleveland following Luanne's post yesterday. I am resisting the urge to call him since I suspect he should probably be resting rather than chatting on the cell phone. I don't think I have Deanna's number. We'll continue to pray that he gets some much needed relief and gets to come home soon.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful TGIF and marvelous 3 day weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The word of the day here is BLAH.

BLAH weather. BLAH attitude to get anything done.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Hope the weekend is better for all of you than BLAH
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Well, if it is sunny in Pictou County, its because your crappy weather is travelling west. It's gray, rainy and miserable outside!.

Last night DH, myself and my daughter graded in TaeKwonDo. DH and I both got our yellow stripe belts and my daugther got her orange belt.

Beenie - I hear you on the toys! I was aghast at the toy room last night. It's overflowing. Giving stuff away is hard, because as soon you want to donate something, it becomes their favourite toy again! My kids are 3 and 5; and are still attached to many baby toys; like the little fisher-price people. We were gifted just about every "set" of fisher-price (circus, zoo, garage etc.) from a family who wanted to get rid of it. The kids still play with it from time to time, but there are so many little pieces, I want them gone. I did finally convince them get rid of this giant monstrosity:

Amazon.com: Little Tikes Dora the Explorer's Pirate Ship Adventure Playhouse: Toys & Games

now I just to call my cousin and see if he will take it off our hands!

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

It's cloudy here but no rain. Not been on in a while. My dad has been sick but is feeling better. I started a new med. Think it's going to help but it's taking a long time to get up to the right dose. I still have two more ups to get where I'm going. Have some side effects that should wear off.

Got the news that my dad will have a part time caregiver starting June 1st. Yay. Went through four months of paperwork to get that. I'll have some help.

All of the puppies have been given away except the one that my daughter wanted to keep. He's going nuts being by himself. My middle aged house dog isn't willing to go out and keep him company. I let him in some but I am not willing to babysit all of the time. My daughter has looked in to the cost of shots, training, etc... now she needs a summer job. She has an internship for her drafting/architecture class next year but the job probably won't start until school starts. We told her if she kept the pup she would be responsible for his expenses. He ate her phone case the other night, so I'm thinking she is getting a taste of "motherhood" here that she wasn't expecting. The middle aged dog was supposed to be hers and turned into mine. I am determined it does not happen this time. She is 17 and is old enough to be responsible this time.

Hope the sick feel better. Have a good weekend all.
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Default Sunshine Friday

Sunshine Friday, indeed! It's been really perfect.

So glad my DH is home tomorrow. I have long grown weary of the "every Saturday at Riverside no matter what" theme. A Saturday off here and there would be preferable.

Gym day again. Don't know what else is on our agenda. I just hope some of it is outdoors.

Judy