Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Default Is it Tuesday?

Morning Mates, I guess it is Tuesday already, hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!
The weather looks good here today, sunny and bright, although not so warm yet at only 11C. I'm sure it hit the mid 20s yesterday (75ish) because we spent a beautiful, warm afternoon outdoors with the kids in the playground.
I have been dealing with what I think are Osteo-Arthritis issues lately, but even the old bones feel better when the sun is out and the air is warm!

I have a free morning to relax, then off to a late aquafitness class before work. Looking forward to another afternoon outside in the sunshine!

donna
Old May 31st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and those to follow. It is getting hot in Texas, with winds that would knock your grandmother over.

I set the clock for early this morning, so I could water the grass, before it got so hot. I was watering in the evening, but it was causing problems for the grass.

I have gotten hooked on the Casey Anthony trial, so I am looking forward to todays show.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A warm day here in Chicago, summer has arrived!
Off to the doctor for my yearly physical and blood work so no coffee for me this morning.
Need to get the grocery shopping done at some point but other than that not much else. Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Suposedly going to be 70 F and sunny today. We'll see what kind of day we really get later

Took my mother home from the hospital Sunday evening. She's a "tough old broad", and this was the 4th time she's proved doctors wrong, who told us she'd never leave the hospital. She actually seems to be doing quite well, and back to being herself.

I have a golf game this afternoon, then have to come home and pack my golf clubs, and two near empty suitcases. Heading to Arizona tomorrow to pick up my things I wasn't able to go back and retreive right after my cruise.
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We have a beautiful sunny day with temps in the high eighties and even warmer tomorrow.

I have been out to the gym and now it's time to take it easy for a while.

Have a nice day mates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

So far this morning I have had my pre-cruise fashion show. Betty had to show me her selections for the cruise. I gave my thumbs up or thumbs down to her selections. So, it looks like she has her wardrobe selected. I'll do mine on Wednesday. Six t-shirts, four pair of shorts, a couple of Dockers and four or five decent shirts, sports jacket and dress pants and I'll be good to go. That and all the other "stuff" you need like: belts, shoes....etc.

Today should be mowing day but I'm going to try and let it go until tomorrow or Wednesday. I'd rather handle a long lawn now rather than having to mow and bale it when we get back.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and I hope the rest of the Summer is a fun and safe one for all.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Is It Tuesday?

It is, indeed, Tuesday. Good morning to all. I have an appt. at the blood lab this morning. After that, I have to stop at the market for something. Nothing much else on the slate.
Yesterday was a busy day, and we got a lot done, so today, we'll just cool it.

Have a great day!

Judy
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon CruiseMates,
I guess that we should be careful what we wish for... today it is about 94 degrees and Oh I am so glad that I started opening the pool back in April, so it is clear, and very refreshing to cool off in on a day like today.

I have a daughter who has not learned how to ride her bike... I am not sure why she is having trouble with it but I told her that we would take some time everyday and I would take her out and work with her until she gets it. So out we went today and it was bleeping hot. She almost got it a couple of times. She is so close. I know her old bike is almost too small for her but I really want her to be riding if we are going to buy her a new bike. Since we live on a gravel road it is somewhat difficult for her to learn on our lane, plus we are at the bottom of a downhill slope, so everywhere you go is uphill from here lol. I took her down to the old tennis courts/parking lot at the school to practice and when we were done we were soooo hot we came home and jumped in the pool, oh that felt so good!

I had to order some new guides for my Oster hair clippers. They finally arrived today so I sat d/s down and gave him a buzz. The good news is I won't have to buy him dog tags. The other good news is d/h will be home in a couple of hours and he's gonna get buzzed too and he is gonna be so much happier and cooler. He went golfing with his buddy yesterday and it was very hot and windy, when he got home he looked like Larry from the 3 Stooges with a really bad sunburn.

I need to get outside and finish my mulching job on the landscaping but it is so flippin' hot. I may see if I can get up early tomorrow and do it while the sun isn't quite so hot.

Hope all is well with each of you and wish you all a great abbreviated work week.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 31st, 2011, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Good evening from hot and humid NY