Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tidings

Morning Mates, from Pictou County where the weather forecast is like a broken record....dull, rain, cold, fog. Every day it's more of the same.:|

This morning I am going out to breakfast at the beautiful Pictou Lodge, overlooking the Northumberland Strait. The views are spectacular from the dining room, but maybe not so much with this weather.
The ladies from Aquafitness are having their "end-of-year" get together, and instead of doing lunch, we're doing breakfast. Looking forward to it!
Afterwards, we will work off any calories with our regular class at noon, then it's off to work for me.

Wishing you all a great day, and thinking of Mike, Betty and grandkids enjoying the Caribbean!

donna
Old June 7th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Afternoon Donna and those to follow.

Donna - I think you and I are sharing similar weather - well at least I have no fog.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Annie
Old June 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from somewhwere in the Caribbean.

Today is a sea day between Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Yesterday was a fantastic day on Cozumel. We went to Nachi Cocum beach resort and it was FANTASTIC. Great food, excellent service, nice beach and facilities and open bar. The kids loved it. My grandson said "This is the best day of my life" I do recommend it for those who want a beach day. Though the day started out rainy it stopped and we had overcast skies and few bits of sun. That was actually perfect. We didn't cook in the sun.

I have no idea what we're doing today. I imagine my granddaughter will want to go to Camp Carnival and we'll probably be playing by the pool.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:11 AM
First Mate

A hot, humid, mid-90's F day for us in NW Ohio. I may venture outside for a bit later, if there is a breeze. We had NO spring. Just cold and rain and then hot and humid. Ugh. Oh well, life in NW Ohio!

Holly is doing well. Big sis, Mia, is again playing with her and the cone, so Holly is back to being her silly self. She did manage to knock an air freshner out of the electrical socket and half way down the hall with her cone. She cannot see or judge distances well with it. Another week, and the cone can go!

DD#1 graduates from her residency program on Friday. She and her DH will be moving back to our area on the 24th. Those three years went quick! I know she is excited to be back here (after nine years away at school, med school and residency) and start her REAL life. June 24th cannot come soon enough!

Have a good day all and healing as needed!

Old June 7th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Admiral

good morning mates. Finally some June weather, nice and warm, but we are headed for a heatwave starting tomorrow. The clean-up continues after the tornado, took a drive into one of the areas that got hit, the devastation is undescribeable, all the trees are just gone, houses are crushed or gone, cars are pancakes
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .We may get to triple digits on Thursday .
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! 100 degrees here in Pheonix. I have to head north to raining and 50 F.

The party is over, I have to go home........I don't want to go!!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 7th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Morning. We've been hitting triple digits for a while now. I can live without them. Got more of the same planned for today. Will be going out this afternoon for a while. Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old June 7th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates.

The summer weather continues, we are looking to break some records tomorrow and the next day.
Yes, it's still spring but we are getting plenty of heat.

Whatever your weather is, I hope that you have a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tidings

Good morning, albeit late. The sun is shining relentlessly.

Keith is working diligently on his computer. I felt nauseated yesterday and am stil feeling a little poorly this morning, so I'll cool it for a while.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old June 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Well its a very hot humid day here. I am trying to get ahead of the laundry and so far I am failing lol. I have lunch in the oven and clothes in the dryer and all I can think about is going outside and playing in the pool.
D/H has been in Terre Haute this morning taking an exam. He needed new tires for his car, so I called all over and did lots of research and found a set of tires I think will work well and found them for $200 less down there than here, so sent d/h to get the new tires put on after his test. He just called and he is very happy. he should be home in about 30 minutes for a conference call.
Not much else happening today. Except it is our 14th Anniversary and we are being pretty low key. It is quiet. Tomorrow is d/h's birthday. I don't have much planned. But I think I'll pick up a cake and I ordered him a couple of bottles of his favorite cologne. Hope it gets here soon lol.

Take care and have a great week!

Read and post cruise reviews