Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Default ...And Sunshine Sunday!

Wow! 2 sunshine days in a row! I am in shock!
Despite the beautiful sunshine, it is still cool at 12C or 53F, but it is just perfect for all the gardening I have to do. Got started on that yesterday, and hope to finish some planting today.
After that, maybe I will just sit in the sun and enjoy a good book. Still not feeling so great, mostly in the throat, but sort of all over achy. Cold medication and Green Tea and Echinacea throat lozenges are keeping it under control....
Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

donna
Old June 12th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

Once again Donna is having sunshine and we are having a cloudy damp day.

I will not let the weather spoil our sunday. My sunny disposition will make up for the clouds.

I hope that you feel better soon Donna. Since you are so busy, you don't have time to be sick.

I wish you all a pleasant peaceful sunday.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 12th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good Sunday Morning everyone!

My brother and his wife are driving over today to visit and we'll go out for dinner (by that I mean lunch because here in the South, "dinner" is the traditional term for lunch). The reason for that was because as the South was largely agricultural without today's modern farm equipment, everyone worked on the farm during the day so the biggest meal was held at Noon. Back then, obesity which today abounds in the South was almost non-existent as people worked so hard they burned the calories almost faster than they consumed them and we're talking around 4,000 calories a day in many instances and sometimes more than that! In some places in this country there were actually four or five separate meals a day; breakfast, lunch (consisting of sandwiches eaten in the field while on a break), the main meal at noon, another lunch break in the afternoon around three and finally supper at the end of the day!

I personally have dropped over fifty pounds over the past seven months and am going to have to actually buy some new clothes as I don't anticipate ever again putting that weight back on. I still, thankfully have Size 44 and 46 suits that I haven't been able to wear in over twenty five years that I think I may soon be able to get back into.

It's supposed to be not as hot today (I'll believe that when I see it) with a chance of afternoon thundershowers).

Just got a call from my brother telling me that my niece DeAnna's husband's (Ron) grandmother died this morning. She had been for all practicable purposes coma-tose for over a month, was in her late eighties and her care has been a huge burden on his Grandfather who is himself probably pushing 90 if in fact he hasn't already reached that age.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and even if it's cloudy where you (as it is where Manuel) happen to be, a "bright" Sunday! And see R/D, I told you summer would eventually get there! Of course, it may be September before you get summer temps but hey, take what you can get!

Todd
Old June 12th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's back to reality for me. We arrived home last night and still have to unpack the suitcases and do a "whole bunch" of work. Laundry and lawn work are on the agenda for today. I don't think we got too much rain during the week because the flowers and tomatoes needed water but the lawn didn't grow to the "bale it" stage.

I did have a bit of a shock when we got home. We were unloading the Suburban when my grandson came around the house with a handful of army worms. I asked him where he got them and he took me back to my abortiveness and sure enough they were eating all the new growth and were also on many other evergreens around the house. I was spraying until 10 p.m. last night.

Now it's time to get to work.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Sorry you are back to reality Mike. That always sucks. There is always next time though.

Donna, hope you feel better. Glad you have sun.

Manuel, you can have my weather.

Todd, I always wondered why the parents called lunch dinner. Thanks for answering the question.

The teen is leaving for band camp right now. She's all happy. Her dad and I are just happy it's only across town. We have kids from as far away as Florida, so it's nice to know every year that if something happens she is nearby.

My plans for today: get the old man in the sower, which isn;t always easy, and do a bunch of housework. Guess I'll be playing with the puppy since his mommy is across town.

Have a good one all.
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Currently trying to make up my mind if it's going to be a nice enough day to golf. Sun is peaking through, and "the forecast" calls for highs near 70 with a possible shower. Now have to look out the window and see if they might be right this time.

I'd like to get out today, after yesterday's wash out.

If I don't go golfing, it'll be off to a Farmer's Market to see what might be fresh at the moment.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default ... And Sunshine Sunday

A sunless good morning to you all. Maybe it will brighten up a bit later.

Keith continues to recover from pneumonia. The "miracle drug" he's taking is doing its job. He insists on going to the last play of the season today. That's a good sign, I guess, but I hope he doesn't suffer any relapses.

Judy
Old June 12th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Another hot day is here in Virginia Beach. Rob and I already talked to our daughters, then I went out to buy the Sunday paper, made lunch, and will just relax until I have to go to work. (working funds our travelling). Todd, glad to hear that you have lost weight. Keep up the exercizing or chores! Rollerdonna, hope you feel better, soon. Make it a great day, fellow cruisemates!
Old June 12th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Balabusta,

Exercise, EXERCISE?! Certainly you jest!

In '08 following my first heart attack, Fran insisted I get an electric Treadmill. I faithfully went down to it every day for a week and didn't notice a damned bit of difference. Then she told me, "It might help if you plugged it in and turned it on." I did and I used it...................since '98 it has about twenty minutes on it. Still haven't noticed any difference.

Todd
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Admiral

Good evening .I spent a wonderful morning and afternoon in New Jersey .