Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Default Rain Again Monday :(

Morning Mates, I knew that 2 days in a row of sunshine was too good to be true. It's raining again, and is supposed to rain until Friday. Another gloomy week of wet and cold temperatures.

However, I did manage to enjoy 2 lovely days of sunshine, got a lot of weeding and planting done, and we finally got our grass cut and I must say it looks much better now.

Whatever creeping crud" I had to start the weekend, miraculously disappeared sometime yesterday and I feel OK now. I really thought I was in for strep throat, and am thankful that didn't happen!

Judy, hope Keith is feeling better by now too!

donna
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Well it is kind of cool dark and dreary at the moment. The weather man says it should get up to about 77 today and partly cloudy. If so, I may take another bike ride today. Yesterday I had enormous amounts of energy, I have no idea why... I haven't been sleeping well and had a terribly draining emotional day Saturday that was an incredible waste of energy and time.

So yesterday I was asked to help out down at the local restaurant, because they had some large parties and needed a hand, so I went down and stayed relatively busy for the 3 hours I was there. I felt light on my feet, no fatigue and just zipped around like I used to when I was in my 20's. My head was clear and I actually enjoyed what I was doing.

When I got home, I found d/s out sitting at his computer having some sort of meltdown, because some bad guy stole $14,000 out of his account on some computer game and there was no way to get it back (this is all virtual, and not in real life, so a meltdown is not merited). I figured enough is enough and I grabbed the kid and said lets hop on our bikes and hit the nature trail. Well it was kind of cool. I still had lots of energy left and I actually stayed well ahead of the boy hehehe (Mom, wait for meeeee!) My final triumph was when we came to the hardest part of the trail and it is a brutal hill that just wears you out and I am determined to make it to the top and I just kept pedaling as I past some skinny gal who was huffing and puffing as she WALKED her bike up the hill... lol. I wanted to yell out, EAT MY DUST TWIGGY!!!! hehehe. I am sorry I know that isn't very nice but it is how I felt at that moment.:evil:

Anyhow I am pretty sure the diet is making me feel so good and giving me all this terrific energy. I am thrilled to find that I could wrap my apron string around my waist twice and I had to, to keep my pants up lol.

So anywho, in about 20 minutes I am taking the kids to their first day of college for kids. They are very excited to go. I had visions of myself lounging around my pool and relaxing while they were gone for the next several days between 9 and 4, but the weather isn't cooperating today darn it. So what to do? I am sure I will figure it out.

Anyhow I hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Nice day here today sunny and warmer. Need to do some grocery shopping and then later today going with my BF to the mall and then dinner. Hope you all have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Due to circumstances beyond my control I didn't get half of my work done yesterday so today the other half needs to get done. That is mow the lawn and do the trimming.

I also need to get to the bank today and deposit my winnings from the Liberty cruise. I did well for once and we returned with more money than we left with. That includes paying for the excursions, tips and other cash expenses. Not bad. I know that means I'll lose all my gambling money in the first day on the next cruise.

I hope all of you have a great week and an enjoyable Monday.

Take care,
Mike (Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to mow I go)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:18 AM
First Mate

It is a little cloudy, but to get sunny later today. Mid-70's for a high! Lovely weather!

Spent part of weekend in Michigan with DD#1. She has a mere two weeks left and is moving back to our area! Finally! They, and we, can't wait!

DD#2 was busy and gone most of weekend. Cottage is getting closer to being done. Carpet due in next week or so.

Have a great day, all!
Old June 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!
Mike... while you're flush, let me be the first to talk to you about a great investment opportunity

Temps heading to the 70 s F with some sunshine. Maybe some thunderstorms rolling in this afternoon. All of this means I'm hitting the links again.

There's a Canadian Professional Golfers tour event at our club this morning, but this afternoon we should get to play the course as it's layed out for the pros, so that should be fun.

Another sign of aging has appeared... suddenly getting lots of invites to weddings of the kids of many of our friends.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Default Rain again Monday(:

A late good morning. Have cheer Donna, it'll stop some time. It's overcast here again, but should burn off around noon.

We stayed up late and watched the Tony Award show. Wow, that was longer than the Oscars! I really enjoyed it, though, especially the production number from "Anything Goes."

We went to the final play of the South Coast Repertory season. Keith managed to get through the play without coughing. He's far from over the pneumonia, but is much, much better. No gym today, however.

Have a good day, people.

Judy

Old June 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Wonder of wonders, it is only in the low 80's today in Virginia Beach. What a beautiful respite from the hot weather! After going to the gym, Rob and I went to the Sports Authority so he could get a good pair of walking shoes for our upcoming trip to Palm Springs in July. Then, it was on to Moes for a quick lunch. Rob is fast asleep; he has Mersa on his leg and the atibiotic makes him awfully tired. I am just relaxing before I have to go to work. We have to wait until December until our next cruise; ugh!!!
Old June 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from HHH NY