CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Monday Morning And It's Hot Already (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/383223-monday-morning-its-hot-already.html)

venice June 20th, 2011 06:06 AM

Monday Morning And It's Hot Already

good morning CruiseMates from New Orleans and I hope my fellow Dad's had a great Father's Day...

even at 0500 am, it's 85 degrees already..it's the 40th straight day without rain and to avoid the heat and humidity I have to leave 30 minutes early (530 am) for my daily 5 mile walk

hope everyone has a great week

rollerdonna June 20th, 2011 06:35 AM

Wow Venice, that's hot for so early! I would like to share some of our rain with you if you would share some of your heat/sunshine with us! It certainly feels like 40 straight days of rain and cold, and it looks like we are in for another week of it. :|

Father's day was quiet around here. It rained of course, in fact, a spectacular thunder and lightning show. Then the sun came out briefly and just when we were ready to go outside, it got dark and rained again. :rolleyes:

Today I am spending the morning at the Ship Hector where I am sure many tourists will want to come in out of the rain and look around. The ship itself will probably be closed because of the rain, but the museum is an interesting place to spend an hour or so.

This afternoon, I will begin my last week of after-school program, and believe me, I am counting the last 5 days! Looking forward to having a week off next week before I start my new, full-time job...

donna

Trip June 20th, 2011 09:05 AM

Hi Kids,
My southernmost and northern most pals Venice & Rd start out daily weather report, and for us, a beautiful day today, low 80's and 70's this week. I hope my day is better than it began..Knocked my cuppa tea over and the vacumn cleaner as well!:shock:

Big news here over the weekend was, Adam Sandler was in our town filming a movie, They turned a car repair place, until recently owned by my son's brother in law, into a hot tub business, with a big bunch of hot tubs for sail,and a big sign with a phony business name. They also used a 50 style motel close by as well. They were looking for xtras and my Nikki had to work, so she was not a happy camper;)

Today a trip to the library, and, a few more stops,and that's my day.

Make it a good one.

ToddDH June 20th, 2011 09:56 AM

Good morning all!

Thunder boomer after thunder boomer all night long and throughout the morning. As John Travolta sang in "Grease," "It's electrifyin'!"

I love it when folks say that during a thunder storm you should have everything plugged into a surge protector should lightning strike your home. I just look at them and say, "I hope that surge protector is about the size of a house." Whenever lightning is nearby, I just shut her down and unplug. I'm thinking of just putting one large surge protector down alongside the breaker box because there are so many electronics in homes today.

Have get to a meeting this afternoon so best get on with the housework.

Hope everyone has a marvelous week and just think, Venice, what is was like in your neck of the woods prior to A/C. You'd have probably stayed in the Hudson Valley!

Love you too Luanne and tell Jim I'm always thinking of him and praying for his safety.

Prayers continue as of course do Blessings.

Todd

venice June 20th, 2011 10:08 AM

Todd...my neighbor who has lived here all his life tells me that prior to a/c they use to put a block of ice in front of a fan at the front/read door of their shotgun house and let the cool air blow thru the house

I grew up in the Hudson Valley without a/c in our home and didn't purchase a car with a/c until I moved to California in the 80's

beenie weenie June 20th, 2011 10:46 AM

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well here we are, another day in paradise! Seriously though, we got the thunderboomers too. I was awakened at 5 a.m. by loud cracks of thunder and lightening then came the hail. Well I got up, visited the loo, and stepped on the scale, found I only lost .2 pounds since the day before and decided that wasn't worth waking up for, so I went back to bed lol. I woke up again a few hours later and then stepped on the scale again to find I lost .8 pounds. That's good enough lol. I am happy the last few days I have been wearing clothes I haven't fit into since the kids were babies or at least toddlers, yay!

D/S and I went out for an evening bike ride on the nature trail last night. Everything was going great until d/s lost control of his bike and I heard a little voice behind me yell "Help me Mommy, I did a face plant wah ah ah ah!!!!!" I put the brakes on and laid my bike on the ground and ran back to find him face down in the dirt. Fortunately when they designed the nature trail, they put a 3 foot strip of grass on each side and it had rained recently so the ground was a little softer than normal. I was so thankful the kid didn't land on the pavement, otherwise there might have been some major injuries. I think he was trying to do something "creative" like kids do... like maybe ride with no hands, or stand on the seat etc... Stuff I did as a kid, but for some reason, I just was better at it lol. Except of course for the time I was about 8-9 years old horse back riding with my girlfriend and I was standing up on the back of the horse while she was in the front... well it was really cool til I fell off backwards and landed on my head, its a miracle I wasn't paralyzed... There are times I sit and think that we really should have had some form of supervision lol.
Well today I intend to do something productive... I am just not sure what it is lol. Hope you all have a good Monday!

CruisinK n J June 20th, 2011 11:39 AM

Monday Morning and It's Hot Already

Early morning heat and humidity. Ah yes, growing up in Minnesota . . . It's bright and sunny and will be in the 80's today, but tomorrow the big heat starts.

Nothing special going on today, but I hope everybody has a good one.

Judy

ToddDH June 20th, 2011 12:13 PM

Venice, you write in a manner that it appears you're not nearly as old as I. I thought you were gettin' close. Hell buddy, NOBODY had airconditioning when I was a kid except maybe the movie!

B/W, just this morning I went down the basement to the closets in what was formerly the den and wherein Fran had put two suits, one of which was a really good one dress suit (it's a $450 back then Peter Pulitzer that I remember getting at Marshall's in '94 in Poughkeepsie for $110) that I wore the night of my big retirement party in '96. When Fran died, I couldn't get the jacket even two thirds of the way around me. This morning, it fit me as a glove! the other one, just a winter business suit which was way too tight even back then, also fit!!! I'm down an additional ten pounds since I saw you and the kids in Pigeon Forge.

Todd

travelgalSue June 20th, 2011 12:30 PM

Raining as I type this with a few thunder boomers mixed in. The weekend was not good to me as I spent the past 2 days in bed with the crud. Feeling better today thank goodness. I managed to get the sweeper ran, laundry done and a grocery run for my Mom done so that now I can rest. D/H was out the door early for golf, look for him home anytime now that the rain has started. He is really enjoying his retirement so far. I'm glad he is getting to do things he could only think about when he was working.
B/W, Todd & LuAnne how are you guys losing all that weight? I think I have found all you guys have lost!:( Really I'm happy for you just jealous.
Everyone have a good day.

Lakers Fan June 20th, 2011 02:20 PM

Good afternoom from hot and sunny NY .We are currently planning a land cruise for August possible to New England or Maine and NS ,both of which we've done in the past .

beenie weenie June 21st, 2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelgalSue (Post 1377263)
B/W, Todd & LuAnne how are you guys losing all that weight? I think I have found all you guys have lost!:( Really I'm happy for you just jealous.
Everyone have a good day.

Sue I am finally starting to feel almost 100% after my surgeries in August and October. The muscle strength has returned to my legs, where they cut into it to lengthen my achilles tendons. I have new muscles working now that were never used before, due to the deformity and how it affected the way I walked. So with that being said... I feel good. I am not in pain, I have lots of energy and I am so thankful... oh and I can wear pretty shoes hehehe.

So if I can wear pretty shoes... then I must have pretty clothes to go with them... and clothes are much prettier when a smaller body is wearing them... so the pounds are coming off one way or the other.

Exercise is fun now and not torture. The pain is gone YAY!