Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:58 AM
Admiral

Default ?? For My Music Loving Friends In Canada

have you ever heard or seen in concert an acappella singing group named "The Nylons" ? I have never heard of them and they are coming out with a new CD entitled "SkinTight' that has a sax solo by my main man Dave Koz which has perked my interest

last year on the Carnival Liberty Capital Jazz SuperCruise the acappella group "Take 6" performed and they just blew everybody away with their performance..this year on the Carnival Valor will be the acappella group 'Naturally 7" that I am really looking forward to

thanks in advance for your input...Kuki, I know you think "The Nylons" are what you purchase for Mrs Kuki when you are in a romantic mood
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2011, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Yes, I have heard of the Nylons and they are SMOOTH! (if you'll pardon the pun!) I love acapella groups, I fondly remember The Cat's Pyjamas on the Celebrity New Years Eve cruise a few years back.

donna
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

I remember the Nylons from a hit they had in the 80s'.

ba-dah
ba-dah
ba-dah, dah, dah
ba-dah, dah, dah, day
bd-dah, dah, dah

At least that's what I remember of the song! I think it started out like that!

Love Dave Koz .... I was actually listening to some of his stuff the other day on my ipod. I have so much music on my ipod that I forget about the old stuff.

I became a fan of Dave Koz when he used to be the wing man for Arsenio Hall.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:57 AM
Admiral

RD...well, since I am a HUGE smooth jazz fan I will have to purchase their upcoming CD..went to their website, they don't do alot of touring in the USA, but maybe with their collaberation, Dave Koz will take them on tour with him, which will broaden their exposure to US audiences

Queen...I concur..Koz is awesome...are you aware that he has a full charter smooth jazz cruise that he is hosting, going to Alaska this August and Europe in 2012 filled with all his smooth jazz friends (I am a dues paying member of his fan club) both on Royal Caribbean...you should check it out, Dave's an awesome onboard host and you will be in KOZ music heaven for 7 days/nights and you are on a cruise as a bonus
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Admiral

I've also heard of the "Nylons" . They where an R&B group from Chicago or Detroit from the 1950's. First heard them on the radio when I was about 10 (50years ago).
I have a tendency to collect old songs from the 50 & early 60's.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
Admiral

I am only familiar with a group formed in Toronto in the late 70's called The Nylons .

I will post a message on my Music Board asking if anyone is familiar with a 50's group by that name .
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
RD...well, since I am a HUGE smooth jazz fan I will have to purchase their upcoming CD..went to their website, they don't do alot of touring in the USA, but maybe with their collaberation, Dave Koz will take them on tour with him, which will broaden their exposure to US audiences

Queen...I concur..Koz is awesome...are you aware that he has a full charter smooth jazz cruise that he is hosting, going to Alaska this August and Europe in 2012 filled with all his smooth jazz friends (I am a dues paying member of his fan club) both on Royal Caribbean...you should check it out, Dave's an awesome onboard host and you will be in KOZ music heaven for 7 days/nights and you are on a cruise as a bonus
We've never done a charter cruise. hmmmm. one day, perhaps, but for right now, we're all booked up. DH would shoot me if i even mention booknig another cruise!. We'll be at 3 cruises in 1 calendar year this year!

I can honestly say that I'm not a fan of anyone or anything enough to join a fan club, let alone pay dues for it! lol, you must be a true fan!

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old June 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Admiral

it's $20 a year for membership..you get a signed CD, picture,poster...if the artist plays in your area, you get a break on the ticket price, meet and hang out with the artist either before/after the concert...get discounts for items (teeshirts, hats) on their website etc..but the best part it's much like cruisemates, you get to hang out on a chat board with like minded folks and we tailgate & bbq and fellowship at the summer outdoor jazz festivals (that's alot of fun)

I never figured at my age (50+), I would be a dues paying member of a jazz musicians fan club but going on the full charter smooth jazz cruises has changed my perspective...plus on the cruise, on the night your artist performs in the main showroom, you get reserved front row center seats and when they are scheduled for the midnight jam session (in a room that holds 450 cruisers when the ship has 3000+) you are able to get in..that's a big perk