Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Admiral

Default Early wednesday morning

Good morning mates

It's early in the morning, but I am not sleepy, so I decided to wish you all a good morning.

The birds are singing and it's a comfortable morning, so that's a good way to start a summer day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Manuel and to everyone to follow.

It is a grey and rainy morning here in "The Land of 10,000 Thunderstorms". I didn't have the best day yesterday. On Monday I felt my heart fluttering and my muscles cramping. That indicates that my potassium is too low. So what did I do? I took three Klor-con potassium pills and then a few hours later I took another one. Guess what that does to you stomach? Nothing good. I was sick all day yesterday and was asleep by 8:00 p.m. last night. This morning I'm feeling a bit wrung out but much better.

Also: the local phone company came by yesterday to drop off a flyer to inform everyone in my area that we will be without Internet service from tomorrow though Sunday. They are replacing the DSLAM (DSL switch) for our "neighborhood". Supposedly it will give us faster speeds and greater reliability.
That will be nice since the max anyone can get is 1.2Mb upload and 420 download. I miss my T1.

Nothing on the agenda for today. No house cleaning, no yard work, no doctor's appointments, nothing needs "fixing". So it will be a good day to kick back and whittle down some of the stuff that's built up on the DVR. So it's going to be a couch potato day.

I hope everyone has a great day. Be it on the couch or doing something productive.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a rain washed Texas. It was so much hoped for, and we finally got it.

Life is so good. My house is clean, and no workout class this morning, so I am going to run some errands.

When Jim is deployed, I become good friends with the post office people. I send him at least one box a week, and gives him something to look forward to. This week he has ice trays. He found a old refrig, that has a tiny freezer, so he wants to try and find out if he can freeze ice. We take the simple things for granted, but him wanting ice, puts it all in perspective.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Todd, I love you

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning Manuel, Mike and all who follow. Just tried to post but it wouldn't find the web page and then of course I lost the post and have to rewrite it. I should have "saved" the text as this has happened before.

Well Mike, my day is going to have to be far more productive than I planned. My septic backed up yesterday around five. Thankfully I realized it before it was too bad. Just flooded the concrete floor of the garage and seeped into a little of the carpet in the old den.

I called Roto-Rooter but didn't get the call back until around 11 and the guy was exhausted you could tell. I told him to just go home and get some sleep that it would wait until morning. He was willing to come but he sounded very appreciative (not to mention the fact it was raining.

I pushed most of the water out of the garage through the garage door. It's happend before and it backflows into my back-up washer in the garage area before that overflows onto the floor. I was doing laundry at the time in the machine upstairs, so I have clothes sitting in rinse water as I immediately shut down the machine. Once fixed, I'll empty the downstairs washer (providing it still works and I'm sure it does because as I said, it's happened before. I'll then decontaminate the washer. I might have Service Master clean up the floor only because I have two heavy chests on that side so we'll see. Oh joy!

Hope everyone has a far better day than shall I (which won't be too hard to do ).

Of course Prayers for those on the list continue accompanied by a request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It's the same ole same ole here. except I am 3 loads away from being caught up on laundry lol.

I am feelin' a little friskie today and considering getting the total gym (think Christie Brinkley and Chuck Norris infomercial) out from under my bed, as it hasn't done me a bit of good underneath there lol. I am also considering having my children show me how to do Wii Fit, which I purchased as a Christmas present to myself 2 years ago and have yet to touch. The diet is going strong, just didn't get out to ride my bike since the rain was coming down like mad yesterday.

So aside from doing everything possible to drive the fat from my body. Things are quiet here on the home front.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:02 AM
Captain

Sun is shinning this morning but boy did we get hammered last night with a major storm. It hit around 5:30 pm with winds up to 60 mph and lots of rain. D/H had taken the grandaughter to all-star softball practice at the local high school, when the skys got to looking bad they moved all the kids inside the field house for safe keeping. I was here with the 3 yr old, when the fire sirens started going off so we made a game of going into my bathroom. It is an interior room with no windows so we just waited the storm out. I did take a peek outside and my Bradford pear tree in the front yard was bending down and touching the ground. We were lucky only had some patio furniture go for a walk in the wnd with no major damages. My sister just behind us lost siding off of their garage and she is still looking for a trash can. Lots of power outages last night but thanks to our great power crews most all has been restored this morning. Bad thing is they are forecasting more of the same for tonight so I think I'll move the patio furniture to a safer area later.
Today is another day of taking my Mom to her many Dr. appts. Yesterday we had 2 and today we have 3. 2 today are tests then the 3rd is a meeting with the Dr. for the results. This is for the tumor they found a couple of months ago. They were unable to get a diagnosis on it so the test is to see if it is growing or not. If it is then we will see what her options are.
Todd, sorry to hear of your water problems. Don't overdo trying to clean, let someone else do it.
Mike, take it easy today and get to feeling better.
LuAnne, Glad you got rain! If you would IM me Jim's address I would love to send him a card to let him know we are praying for his safety and a quick return to you.
BW, I had a treadmill that I used for a clothes hanger for years. I finally sold it in a yard sale. I never did lose any weight, guess I should have walked on it instead of piling clothes on it.

Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:18 AM
Admiral

good morning all, its a grey overcast, very muggy morning, supposed to get rain, might have to turn the ac on in my office just to dry the air out a bit.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Sue, I sent you Jim's address. Thank you for thinking of him. Anything done is so appreciated when he is far away.

BW Wii Fit has been extremely helpful to me. I am not sure I could have done it, without the WF help.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Sue,

As I've previously written, my $450 treadmill (in 1998) has only been used about an hour. I'll undoubtedly end up giving the thing away!

Todd
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning from HHH NY
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

No rain here. Went all around us. We could use the rain at this point.

Hope the ones who feel bad get better soon.

Tomorrow will be a better day for all.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Major storms last night with the tornado sirens going off, luckily no real damage to anything. No much going today just a little of this and that.
Have a great day everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
First Mate

Pretty much same old, same old here. We got a bit of a storm last night and same for today. We can use the rain. Right now it is sunny and to get to low 80's F.

DH plans to grill tonight - hot dogs!!! It is really the only way I like hot dogs. We are simple fare folk!

DD#1 moves back to the area on Friday. She cannot wait. It will be nice to just pop over to see her! DD#2 is losing her fiance' this weekend. He is going to Germany on a job-related trip. So, she may want to wedding dress shop on Saturday - yeah .

Both dogs are snoozing. Baby bunnies have fled their nest. We saw one of them with the mommy last night in the yard. Nothing more really to discuss.

Get better to all not feeling up to par. Rest of you have a great day.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Default Early Wednesday Morning

A good sunny morning to all. I had one of those I-can't-sleep nights, in addition to which I had an unhappy stomach. I finally got up and read through the wee hours.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old June 22nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Summer arrived in Calgary this week, and it ends Fri. , so I've been busy catching up on my golf (and haven't been around much).

Heading to the course again shortly. Hope you all have a great day.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a hot, in the upper 90's, Virginia Beach. Summer is finally here in full force! This morning I went to the gym and then cleaned the house a bit. One set of kids is coming in this weekend and the other set is coming in over July 4th. Rob and I are going to Sam's Club tomorrow to buy groceries. In three weeks, we are Palm Springs bound. Hope all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day!