Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Default Well, if it ain't THURSDAY!

Good morning all!

Happened again! Wrote the post and it evaporated into the Internether world! And no I forgot to save it just for that reason so we'll try again.

Following an exhausting and expensive day yesterday I went to bed early and got up around 4:15 am EDT. That's the time (or earlier) I used to get up when I was "on the job", sometimes even earlier, for decades.

Turns out my septic problems are going to eventually end up costing me about three grand. That's a helluva hit in the check book! I need some field lines replaced but at least the problems are solved for now.

Today I have to take a gallon of bleach downstairs and decontaminate the garage floor which is at least now, thankfully dry. I also have to decontaminate a washing machine down there that I use for car towels etc., as when it backs up it goes into the machine and then overflows.

Thankfully I caught it quickly so it was all on concrete. I can't say it really bothers me because after all, it's my own "effluent" which is a nice way of saying something I can't write here.

Hope everyone had a better day yesterday than did I and remember, tomorrow is TGIF!

Of course prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings on all continue unabated.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning Todd and others to follow.

Todd I guess that you are bound to have a nicer day today than you did yesterday. I certainly pray that no more problems come your way.

We are having a few days of cloudy weather with some thunderstorms, so we will make our own sunshine.

I wish you all a beautiful day.

TM

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Wow Todd! Sounds like you really had a "crappy day" yesterday! I hate when that happens! Well, I know you'll have a much better day today, and we can all look forward to tomorrow.
The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are looking forward to a nice quiet day today. We're finally getting some "daily rain" around here, but it's still hot, hot, hot! We're looking forward to tomorrow, when we have our monthly lunch, with a group of us who used to work for "Control Data Corporation". We always have a lot of fun, and it's great that we all still stay in touch with each other.
Hope all my "Mates" have a wonderful day, and especially you Todd!

"SKY"
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
HOLY CRAP TODD!!! (literally!) $3k for septic work? wow! That's a lot! I think I will sit down and say a prayer for my own septic, that it continues to do what it is supposed to for decades to come... that could pay for a cruise! Yikes!

Not much going on here, I am just growing weary of the rain. I went out for my bike ride last night and I was actually cold. Bizarre weather!

Today I am excited to be taking my son to lessons with a new guitar teacher. I think the old one might have been bi-polar or something. He had some bizarre mood swings and so to say the least with my family, I already have enough crazy, moody musicians in my life, I sure as heck don't need another.

I am also going to get my hair done today. I am a wee bit overdue for this procedure, so I should notice a vast improvement and sometime this morning I am going to go pick up an unwanted sofa and deliver it to a local charity for our new pastor.

So everything is groovy! woohoo!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates. Todd, I really, really hope that today is a better day.

Not much going on here. We tried the new ice cream maker yesterday. That was nice. I love ice cream. Got chores to do early part of the day. Have my eye on a book for the evening but I don't know if it will work out or not. I need to go walk the dog before it gets too hot.

Have a good day all.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Well, If It Ain't Thursday

Good morning, everybody. Sunny and hot again.

Sorry about the septiv problems, Todd. I, too, wil say a prayer that nothing here will require a major expense.

No big plans here, just a couple of phone calls to make . . .

Judy
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Had to get up early this morning to drive Kuki Jr. to the airport. He's off to my nephew's (and his best friends) wedding in Israel. Don't understand why now the "in thing" is destination weddings.

The cost of getting there excludes sharing the experience with the entire family ... and they claim to like us

Now that i'm home, it'll be a matter of how long I can stay up before needing a nap (to make up for waking so early).

Finally found a tenant for a warehouse we own... that had been sitting empty for a year, so that's at least one "stresser" gone.

Think it's going to be a day of relaxing, watching some afternoon baseball, and snoozing. Yup.... I'm getting old.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from rainy NY