Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Default See? Friday did get here!

Good morning fellow Cruisemates from around the world and those at sea!

Wonder how Donna's getting along with her computer transfer. It's so strange to me at least that she isn't opening up the morning thread. Kinda' expected someone else besides me would have by now, but guess it has to be done.

Awoke to the sun this morning for the first time in a couple of days. Digging will commence in the front yard somewhere around the first of the week to replace some of those field lines.

Will finish up the decontamination this morning of the garage area of the basement. It's all dry at least and I got rid of some bags of junk and boxes yesterday morning so that will make the job easier. Wish there was something interesting or "newsy" to report but alas that's not the case.

I'm going to have to start buying some new clothes as only a few things still fit me. Thankfully they're having some sales at the local department stores so hopefully there'll be something inexpensive there for me. I've lost so much weight that I've gone from a size 18 neck to a 16 1'2 and a 50 waist to around a forty six. I can get away with my short sleeve shirts but I must get some new T-Shirts as now the lower parts of the arms stick below my outer shirts. At least I can get into my long mothballed suits but I've really little occasion to wear them. I also have I believe one or two sportcoats that will now fit as well. I haven't had the suits on since 1994 and the good one was new so is still stylish. The other is more of a wool winter business suit but at least I'll have something.

Went to my family doctor yesterday and my Hemoglobin A1C was 6.2 which is good. Up until now it's been off the charts. Of course that's also due to the lost weight. I naturally feel more energetic but still tire quickly and accept the fact I always shall. At least I can get more done now even if it is not really that much before I run out of gas.

Hope everyone has a great runup to the weekend and remember, at least in this country, next weekend is a Holiday one so I'm sure most of you are either planning or looking forward to assorted festivities.

Prayers and Blessings continue as always.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well Todd it is great to see you opening the morning thread! Glad to hear you're winning the battle of the poo wars and that you are getting a new wardrobe.
Things here are going alright I suppose. Its quiet here at the ranch and pretty peaceful for the most part. Unfortunately it is not likely that everywhere. Just spoke to my MIL and she got back from the doc recently to find that all of her scans are great, the tumors that developed last summer that nearly killed/paralyzed her are all gone and have responded well to the meds. Of course they surgically removed as many as possible that were on the spinal cord and nearby nerves, but there were several there that were left behind, and they were all gone. That seemed like really great news, but it seem that for some reason that I am not at all clear on, she is talking about discontinuing the medication that is responsible for all this good progress. and I am not getting any really clear reason why it is a good idea to stop taking this med. Because this disease has no cure, if the Doctor finds a medicine that you respond to and you react favorably to it, they usually keep you on it until it is no longer effective. There really aren't that many drugs out there that effectively treat this type of cancer so if you find one that works you better take advantage of the time it buys you for as long as you can. The other thing is that if she stops taking it for more than 3 mos. the drug will no longer be effective and she cannot start back up on it again. So as I see it, this is a fast track right out of remission. I understand that this is 100% her decision and I have to respect it, but I did voice my objections and concerns and really hope she'll reconsider. It makes no sense to me.

Along those same lines it looks like next week I will be making a quick trip up to my inlaws house for a quick visit. My MIL has an appointment with the genetics doctor to discuss the genetic profile results they have done on her. We found in the past few months that there is a genetic mutation of sorts discovered in other family members and so I really want to attend this appointment so I know how that may affect my Husband and kids down the road and there is now some very promising suppression therapy research trials going on to help suppress these bad genes. So I feel like I really need to be there to get the info first hand.

Hoping the rain while shine today, I am over the cloudy skies and rain.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Overcast here again..chance of rain too, but even this weather cannot dampen Boston'e euphoria over Whitey Bulger being caught in plain sight. When they bring him back, South Boston will be cheering or close mouthed,, depending on their connection to this mob guy.

Bruce is going in for his knee replacement surgery, if he doesn't back out, before Tuesday. he is not feeling it To be so incapcitated is driving him crazy, before the fact!

Today, I have both kids,as school is out. Aiden will soon go to a day camp, so I will have two kids next week with Bruce in bed, healing????? OY! Make that 3 kids!!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 24th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good luck with your DH's surgery .

Its raining once again in NY
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Todd, glad things are getting done. Hope you enjoy buying the new clothing.

BW, I hope that the appointment goes well. It's amazing what medical science can do these days.

Trip, I for what you'll be going through next week.

Not much going on here...yet. I have a house full of people to take care of. I've got an 86 year old, 47 year old, and a 17 year old, and if you ask me they are all children.

Have a good one all.
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Friday already! I don't know about the rest of you but the weeks sure are flying bye, I could swear it was Friday just a day or so ago! Looks like my cruise might get here quicker than I thought!

We are in official countdown retirement mode D/H has less than one year before he retires from the police department after thirty years of service.

Cool and cloudy here again today but a warm up is expected for next week. Not much else on the agenda other than block party preparation.
Have a great day!

Trip... Best of luck to Bruce on his surgery!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Retirement is wonderful
Old June 24th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Default See? Friday Did Get Here

Good morning and happy Friday.

We had a nice lunch yesterday at one of my favorite sea food places. Some nice news, too: Keith signed up for a series of musicals
at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles. They begin in October.

Gym day and ironing day. Not much else going on.

Judy
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Retirement is wonderful
I'm sure it is and will be. We're lucky he's able to retire at 55 and I will still be 48, and up to this point were in good health. I see a lot of traveling for us in the near future.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone:

A little bit ago I walked by my router and the lights were blinking and sure enough I have an Internet connection. The trucks are still down at the end of the road so I don't know if it is going to stay that way.

I have completed quite a bit in the last couple of days without the Internet. Finished mowing the lawn today, replaced a downspout on the north side of the house and planted two apple trees. Hmmm maybe it should be down more often.

On Wednesday night my brother called me and told me that his mother-in-law passed away, from complications of Alzheimer's, and the funeral would be on Saturday. So we are changing our plans for this weekend and heading up north for the funeral. She was a good lady who grew up in the same VERY small town as my dad did.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and Todd I hope you get the septic system taken care. When I built this house I put in three 1500 gallon tanks and a huge curtain drain system. Knock on wood I've only had to pump the tanks once and have never had a problem.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 24th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Mike, I am sorry to hear about about your brother's MIL. My condolences to the family. May the lady rest in peace now. Dementia is a horrible disease.
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:20 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Cruismates from Sunny Colorado,
I am enjoying my first month of retirement after 31 years of teaching. It is wonderful not to anticipate the panic on July 4th that summer is half over. Todd, Good Luck on solving your plumbing problems. It is 92 F. Our swamp cooler pump went out. I won't let hubby on the roof anymore, so waiting for a son or grandson to stop by.
Have a relaxing weekend.

Jojo