Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday and Im Back!

Morning Mates, I am so happy to be back online!
I am still working my way around this new computer and keyboard. So far I cant seem to find the apostrophe or the question mark, instead, I get a
(è) and a (É) where they used to be. I have tried changing the language bar to English, but it didnt make a difference. Any suggestionsÉ

A few days have passed since I checked in and the weather is the same, cold, wet, windy and dull. We had one nice day Thursday where it warmed up enough to take your jacket off, but that was it. Such a depressing summer so far.
My job has now finished (hooray!) and I am free as a bird for the next week. Hoping for some better weather so we can go to the beach and play tourist in our own province.

Have a good weekend everybody!

donna
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Morning Mates, I am so happy to be back online!
I am still working my way around this new computer and keyboard. So far I cant seem to find the apostrophe or the question mark, instead, I get a
(è) and a (É) where they used to be. I have tried changing the language bar to English, but it didnt make a difference. Any suggestionsÉ
to fix, hold SHIFT and press CTRL once.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Donna, glad to see you back. You'll eventually get used to the computer. I'm sorry you are having such a rotten summer so far.

I'm the first one out of bed this morning. I hope for a quiet day today. I'm not sure if that will work out or not. Maybe. It's possible I need to just enjoy the quiet time I have right now.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.
Old June 25th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well things are humming along here. I am so happy to see the sun is out this morning... it seems like I haven't seen the sun forever!

Last night, I went and tried on one of my favorite pair of jeans, that I had not worn since I started this diet. OMG they were huge and they fell off of me. All I can say is that I am very pleased! D/H was amazed. I never thought it would be possible to have results like this. YAY!!!

Now today I have a busy day, I have to head out to take Ms. Mini Girlfriend to piano lessons, then I have a symphony choir meeting thingy, then we're all going to the movies to see Mr. Poppers Penguins... so I am thinking I had better plan ahead because I will be drinking some bottled water and maybe munching on some celery sticks. Unlike the movie about a month ago where I consumed a gigantic diet coke and ate a box of raisinettes. Ahhh it sucks to be a grown up.

Have a great day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a warm, sunny Texas. It has been a busy week for me, which is a good thing. Lots of workouts, cleaning, and organizing.

I also planned a trip for a girlfriend and I. We are flying to Orlando on Tuesday, for a week. This will be my first vacation without Jim, but I do have his full blessing. We plan to take it one step at a time. No real plans, but will do what we feel like on that day. We are staying at a hotel within a two minute walk from Univeral Studios, so there are things we can do if we decide.

I had a breakthrough in my weight loss yesterday. Twenty-six years ago Jim put my wedding band on my finger. It was to small then, but because it was my grandmothers, I wanted to wear it. Soon I had gained weight, and couldn't get it off. I worn that ring for 25 years. Yesterday I was able to take it off. I kept it off for only a few minutes, when I put it back on. It is so much apart of my life, and my love for Jim.

Jim is doing well. Things a going as well as could be expected. They hope to turn the lights out on this post, and move to the next.

I hope all of you are having a good weekend.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Luanne, I hope that you enjoy your vacation next week. Try not to worry about your hubby too much while there, although I know that must be very difficult.
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning and welcome back Rd!
We finaly have sunshine today and temps in the high 80's but rain tonight into tomorrow. Going to sit out on my deck and enjoy the sun with a cup of coffee and the paper. Have a great day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

RD it is good to see you back.

Beenie that is great about your weight loss. Sounds like time to buy a few new things.

Luanna, have a great time with your girlfreind in Orlando. And of course you are continuning to do great with your weight loss.

Today is a bitter sweet day for our family as our oldest grandson is on his way to Hawaii for his new job with Norwegien as an assistan cook on the Pride of America. It is going to be hard for his Mama (our daughter) as they have never been apart for more than 3 weeks in his life. Hubby and I are hoping that he likes it enough and that they are happy with him so that they offer a new contract at the end of his 5 months.

Hope all have a GREAT day.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Didn't get to sleep until after five this morning and just woke up. I have so much to do today that I have to get to it.

Welcome back R/D, it's good to have your open the daily thread again and I hope you've got your keyboard glitch corrected by now.

I have lost so much weight that I had to go out yesterday and buy a couple of pairs of slacks, two 7packs of T-Shirts, three button down dress shirts and two belts. My neck size has also dropped from an 18 to a 16 1/2.

As I think I previously wrote, I now fit into two suits that I haven't been able to wear for at least 18 years. Am going to get another pair of slacks today while I'm out. My waist has shrunk from a little over 50 to 46 inches. I still have the "old age spread" (as apart from "middle age" as I no longer qualify for that ).

Kept seeing up in the right hand corner that I had two notifications. Didn't know what that meant so I finally clicked on it. I now have to more "Friends"! That's a real uplift for my day!

Also Luanne, have a wonderful time in Orlando. Can't wait until Jim gets back and we again can get together.

My gosh, it's quarter to one now and I have to get at it.

Prayers for all those on the list and especially for Luanne's Jim and for your grandson Nancy that he'll have a safe journey and that he'll not only love his new job but NCL will renew him in six months.

Todd
Old June 25th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from hot and sunny NY
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon mates.

Welcome back RD.

It's good to see several of you losing weight, I could use a weight loss myself.

Have a nice weekend folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Admiral

Right now Rob and I are watching one set of grandchildren while our younger daughter and husband are in for the weekend. (both kids went to bed without problems). This morning I did hit a few garage sales with my daughter, her husband, and granddaughter while Rob watched our young grandson. I did get a beautiful magazine rack that I know had come from the Cargo store. What a great find it was!!!