Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good morning everyone!

It is a nice morning here in the land of 10,000 lakes. It is supposed to be in the high 70's to low 80's today. Today I will get the boat ready to take out. I'm about a month and a half behind on this. With cruising, the late arrival of Spring and all the rain we've had I haven't got the boat ready so today is the day. My grandson is wanting to go fishing so there is no better motivator than a kid wanting to fish. Last night I charged all four batteries and it looks like they are ready to go. All that's left is to unwrap it from its plastic cocoon, change the transom fluid, de-fog the cylinders, re-mount the trolling motor and then "hopefully" fire it up. The last few years the thing has fired up immediately but you always have that "fear" in the back of your mind. Oh well, it was well winterized so it should fire up. Oh yeah, I better put the plug in before I put it in the water.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and that the upcoming week is a great one for all.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mike and others to follow.

Happy boating Mike.

We also are having a sunny, pleasant day. I will spend some time with my mom today, as she enjoys being outdoors in this kind of weather.

Have a nice sunday folks.

TM

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Mike and Manuel, I hope you both enjoy your time outside. It's too hot here to spend time out for very long. It will be the same old thing here today. Tomorrow my brother and SIL are coming down to steal me out of the house for a while. I'm not sure what they have in mind, but I'm sure eating out is part of the agenda. I'm thinking about skipping the main course and going directly for the sweets.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mike, Manuel, Moiraine (sorry Moiraine, you slipped in there as I was writing) and all who follow.

I've never owned a boat, Mike, but I know many who do and they all say the same thing; that while they love it, a boat truly is, "A hole into which to throw money."

Since I spent yesterday running all over town buying clothes that will fit, etc., I have to get to work on the house. As I wrote earlier and I'll repeat, I just cannot believe the incredible rise in even basic clothing prices.

I was going to mow the lawn and spray weed killer but alas it's going to rain on and off today beginning shortly. Radar shows two lines of thunderstorms moving this way with the first strking at any time, then a break followed by a second round about one this afternoon. While I'd much rather mow, this development forces me to concentrate on the house and the basement. In short, I've run out of excuses!

While I don't personally fish, I'd still love to go out in the boat with you and your grandson, Mike. I dont' hunt either although I'm not against hunting, it's just that I can't shoot four legged critters. I used to love to hunt, but that was for two legged animals and from which I got a lot of personal satisfaction. My kind of hinting had a little more "gamesmanship" involved as they on occasion possessed the ability to shoot back. I say, "a little more," as the "game" I hunted,..."often couldn't hit with a 105 howitzer a green barn at high noon at a distance of fifty feet."

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and of course Prayers and a call for Blessings continue, especially for Luanne's Jim and the others around the world who are engaged in the efforts designed to protect our freedoms. They don't have the luxury of determining in a particular area, whether their services are necessary or not as they only follow orders.

Todd
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, a very lazy sleep-in kind of morning for me. I was awaken early this morning with a killer migraine, so stayed in bed till it eased up.
| am still feeling a little woozy so will take it easy today. Thank goodness it is Sunday and I have nowhere to go and nothing to do.

Still playing around with my new computer, trying to figure out this keyboard and trying to find my pitures and documents that were supposedly transferred from the old computer. No luck yet.

Mike, Todd, Manuel, Moraine, wish | could share some of your warm temperatures. It is still freezing here in Pictou County. One should not have to wear socks and shoes and a jacket at the end of June!
Worked at the Ship Hector yesterday and even the tourists were staying away, it was so cold and windy!

donna
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Captain

Raining here this morning with more of it in the forecast. Not much on the agenda today except resting up from the busy last week I had. Will probably watch a little of my NASCAR but I am not a big fan of the road courses so it will be off and on to check who is leading.
Mom's report was good from her lung Dr. The tumor has gotten smaller so they are 98% sure that it is a fungal tumor especially since all the test came back inconclusive on cancer. She is having no problems from it we just know it is there from the CAT scans. I seem to have either a cold or allergies and have been coughing like a fool. I've been sleeping in the recliner as lying down makes it worse. It seems much better today, thankgoodness. Yesterday was spent at the ballfield watching the 7 & 8 yr old girls softball all star team play of which my grandaughter is part of. They won Friday evening, lost the 1st game yesterday but rallied back and won the 2nd. It is double elemination so they are still in the tournament. Next game is Tues. evening for them. These little girls are very competitive and spunky. Hope they do well.
Mike have a good time fishing.
Todd, no mowing for me either but I could do some housework...nah!
RD, welcome back to cyber world.

Everyone have a good day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Donna, I hope the migraine backs off. I wish I could give you my heat and sun.

Todd, sorry you have to work in the house and basement. While I don't want to work in the basement, I'd gladly do the housework for you.

Sue, I hope you feel better soon. That is good news about your mom.
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

And a sunny good morning to you all! I just went out for the paper, and I think it's gonna be a hot one.

Todd, you were an inspiration. I went shopping and found a couple pair of pants, one pair a very good bargain.

Donna, I wish we could share some of the nice warm temps we have here in SoCal. Is the headache better? I've never had a migraine. Don't even want to think about it!

Mike have a good day workin' on the boat. Then you can take Betty water skiing.

Moraine, have a great Sunday brunch.

Sue, I hope you feel better.

Well, the coffee and the Sunday paper await me. Have a good day!

Judy
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Forecast as for a nice day,and I had visions of golf balls floating in my head. Reality this morning was waking up to rain

Looks like it's going to be an inside day, watching baseball, and coming up with something to write about for this coming week's blog.
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Admiral

It is 6:30pm and I am just emerging from a migraine haze. Made me nauseous and slept it off with the help of Gravol. The whole thing left me shaky and weak, but I am hungry for supper so I guess that is a good thing. BBQ is going and it will be ready soon. Seeys tonmorrow!

donna
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Admiral

And a good, HOT, afternoon from the Arizona desert. It's supposed to be 113 or so today. I just pray the air conditioner continues to function and do its job!!

I've been quite ill for more than 3 weeks now with the worst Lupus flare up I've ever had in the 20+ years I've been dealing with this disease. So it's another stay in day and do nothing but try to keep my feet up. When you're ill like this, life quickly breaks down to the absolute necessities and nothing else. There simply isn't time or energy to worry about anything but the basics. Thank goodness Jose is so good to me and has done such a good job of taking care of me and doing the things I can't.

Have a great day, Cruise Mates!
Old June 26th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Good evening .I went to a town fair today and won a prize .Afterward it was to my grand daughters birthday party (she is 7 tomorrow) .I had 4 slices of pizza ,2 large portions of chocolate ice cream cake and soda ,basically everything that my doctors do not allow me to eat .However ,I had a great time . Tomorrow my better half and I are taking the birthday girl and her younger sister to a town that resembles a New England Village .We are going to an aquarium and to a whaling museum .Afterward to an old fashioned ice cream parlor and somewhere for lunch .

"Ode to being a kid "