Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, and Way Too Early!

Morning Mates, it's Monday and I'm up at the ungodly hour of 6am on the first day of my summer vacation. What is wrong with this picture?
Actually, I have to be at the hospital for 7:30 for a cortisone injection, hopefully ridding myself of the pain in my hip that keeps me awake at night. Worked for my elbow, let's hope it works for my hip too.

As usual, it is dull and gray, but at least no rain. Supposed to warm up to 22C, low 70's F, so that's not bad.
As you can see, I think I have fixed the problem with my French keyboard and I now have my " and ' and ? back. Now, I could only find my photo files and document files.....

donna
Old June 27th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it is another stormy day here in Indiana. I am somewhat fed up with the weather... most days this past week it has rained and we've been lucky to get above 70. It is just a sad way to start the summer season.

Tomorrow I'll leave and make a quick trip up to Canada with the kids. I should be back on Thursday. I really hate making such a quick trip but it has to be done.

Today will be busy with packing and working around the house. I guess that is fine since the weather is going to be awful today. The cats got me up early this morning so of course, the duty of the first one up is to feed them and start the coffee, which I did. The cats have eaten and are now back in bed for their early morning/early afternoon nap. How lucky are they?

I have something going on but I am not sure what to do with it. I have an old corn wagon that I used to store corn in for my corn stove. In recent years corn prices have gone way up and I have burnt other fuel instead so it has been sitting out there doing nothing. I was going to scrap it and the guy who owns the recycling center said he'd come out and get it. Well yesterday I was driving up the lane and I saw a fox climb up and into it... Oh brother! I wonder if there is just one in there or if there's a bunch. I am afraid to even go look because every once in a while you hear about someone getting bitten by a fox... this is probably how something like that happens lol.

Oh well I better go have a cup of coffee and ponder all this stuff... have a good day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning, afternoon, evening or whatever the case may be where you are to Rollerdonna, Beenie Weenie and all who follow!

Enjoy your day off RD, at least it won't be cold and that's a good idea, B/W, not to go fox hunting!

I'm just trying to catch a break. There's a southern positive saying around these parts to which I subscribe that addresses pretty much everything.

That doesn't mean it won't get rough. My washer went out yesterday. I finally got it working this morning when I arose at 4:00am but it's shot. So it's over to Lowe's and hopefully I'll get a $1,000 front loader that's on sale (this is the last day, however) for $809 plus tax. That makes it almost a clean four thousand dollar unexpected hit on the checkbook within the past five days when I include the septic work. When one is a civil service retiree, that's a hell of a hit within such a time span. I had the heat pump repaired a few weeks ago and that too could go soon as well and that's another four grand. If that happens, I'll have to go into my savings and I swore I wouldn't do that but my stretching out new credit card payments days are over! I can always live on hotdogs even though my feline children must have their Fancy Feast! As the saying goes, "You's gots to do what you's got's to do!"

Of course the car has 137,000 miles on it but it still looks and drives as well as the day I bought it ten years ago, so I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed! I nevertheless feel well blessed that should even that go, I have sufficient income to cover the payments.

So, hopefully after I go to Lowe's I'll finally be able to do my weed spraying (I had just finshed using up the last of my mix last week right when I finished and then it rained not a half hour later soooo... I had to spend 66 bucks for more concentrate) and get my lawn mowed even though they're going to start digging up the front yard for new field lines beginning tomorrow. Oh joy!

But I'm still around, the sun is supposed to shine later on so therefore I guess I'll be contented. After all, the saying I alluded to above is, "There ain't nothin' gonna' happen today what's me and the Lord can't handle!"

Hope everyone has an extra good start to their week.

Prayers and Blessings, it goes without saying, continue!

Todd
Old June 27th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Cruise Folk.

Well my ambitious plans for yesterday went down Todd's new septic system. So to speak. Half way through getting the boat ready my brain took a vacation and that project was scrapped and my grandson had to settle for grandma and my son taking him to the lake to swim and play at the park. I think he had almost as much fun so it wasn't a complete washout but grandma was tired.

Today I will finish the job and get the batteries in and fire her up. My brain vacation started right when I was putting one of the batteries in and I dropped the battery and cracked the housing on it so a replacement is required and a trip to the parts store is first on the agenda when Sleeping Beauty awakes. It was one of the engine batteries and not a deep cell so a standard auto battery is all that's needed.

Todd: Check your homeowner's policy. My daughter had her septic backup and the damage caused by the backup was covered under her policy but the cost of the repair on the septic was not. She did not have any additional septic coverage but it was part of the overall policy. I have septic system coverage on my policy and repairs and consequential damage are also covered. I just have to make sure my system is inspected every five years. It's worth a call to your agent.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and the week brings you many happy returns.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Todd: Check your homeowner's policy. My daughter had her septic backup and the damage caused by the backup was covered under her policy but the cost of the repair on the septic was not. She did not have any additional septic coverage but it was part of the overall policy. I have septic system coverage on my policy and repairs and consequential damage are also covered. I just have to make sure my system is inspected every five years. It's worth a call to your agent.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and the week brings you many happy returns.

Take care,
Mike
Mike that is a wonderful thing to have on your insurance policy. What company do you have your Homeowners with? That is something I would seriously consider. We've never had any problems with ours but...of the 8 homes on our lane, 3 of them have had to have major septic work done in the past year.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Light rain coming down at this time with temps in the low 70's if that. We’re going to the movies a little later after lunch and dresser shopping for D/S. Have a blesses day everyone.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

BW:

It is American Family Insurance. You need to have an additional "septic insurance" addendum. It is about $100/year. It also requires an inspection every five years and does not cover "maintenance" of the system. i.e. pumping. There is no coverage if the reason for the back up is "maintenance" related. If the tank fills up or you do landscaping and mess up the drain field. It will cover you if the tank ruptures, you get a root in the line. My regular policy will cover damage from the water backup if the system fails.

In all my desires about what to do today I forgot that we have to take Betty's car into the body shop today and pick up the rental car. I don't know if I mentioned it but on Friday night Betty hit a coyote on the way home from work. It took out the left front bumper and quarter panel. It is "just" drive-able. It will make it to the body shop but with that much "plastic" flopping around I wouldn't take it too far.

Once the grandson decides to awaken we'll take the car over and pick up the rental car.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Admiral

good morning all, its a nice warm sunny day finally for a change, too bad i have to work on such a nice day.
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Beautiful day in the neighborhood....going to be a good week!

Well, Bruce has decided to 'put off' his knee replacement surgery, so I sent my nursie costume back. Tomorrow would have been THE day, but, if he isn't ready, he isn't ready

Nothing on my agenda today....kinda of a lazy day

Make it agood one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Monday and Way too Early

Good morning! Hot and sunny, and I hear the trash trucks a-rattlin'.

So far, just a normal day here: no septic problems, no dropped batteries, no foxes .

Gym day for Keith, ironing for me. I look forward to Wednesday when I get a haircut and an anniversary lunch at a favorite restaurant.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old June 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Afternoon all. I went out for lunch today. That was a treat.

I have some things I don't want to do that I don't want to do that I am going to put of until tomorrow becaue I don't want to ruin today.

Have a good one folks.

Todd and Mike, hope things get better for the two of you.

Donna, hope you feel better.
Old June 27th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Admiral

Mike,

I doubt seriously if I have that insurance but it's a great idea. Even if I had it the clean up wouldn't even begin to cover my deductible. Such a rider is definitely something to ponder.

There's something else folks might consider. The contractor is going to install a pop off valve outside of the house wshould a back-up again occur. If it does happen again in my lifetime, it'll only mean I'll have to cut the lawn more frequently!

BTW, the new front loader will be delivered tomorrow. The sale evidently involved more than I thought because the washer retails for $999, was listed as on sale for $809 but I got it for $764.10 plus the sales tax of $74.50 for a total of $836. There was no charge for delivery or installation.

Todd
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Good evening from NY .I spent 8 hours entertaining my 7 and 2 year old grand daughters today.
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Well Henry, I bet you are rather pooped. I hope you enjoyed yourself.