Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Sunshine at Last!!

Morning Mates, the sun is out at last! Believe me, that is a BIG deal around here! It is also forecast to go up to 24C today (75F) which will feel like a heat wave to be sure!
We are going to take advantage of the good weather (because we know it will not last) and head out to one of the places we've wanted to visit.It is called Sherbrooke Village It's a replica of a settler's village in the 1800's.
Interesting, historical and educational, and I hope, fun.
Gotta run, have a good day all!

donna
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Admiral

G'Morning Mates. Donna, that sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you and James have a GREAT day.
I believe you sent the overcast, rainy weather down here, but that's O.K., because we REALLY need it. It's VERY dry here, and we have burn bans in effect, so we absolutely need the rain, and the slightly cooler weather.
Nothing on the schedule today for the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I. I'm sure we'll find something interesting to do however. If nothing else, it's karaoke night at the VFW.
Hope y'all have a wonderful Tuesday.

"SKY"
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Admiral

"Good Morning" to R/D and all who follow! I'm glad the weather is finally starting to cooperate with the "season," Rollerdonna, if only for a brief period. I truly think that while you may well have additional cold snaps, etc., that Nova Scotia is finally on its way to summer. I certainly hope so.

Today's forecast here in upper East Tennessee predicts a high of 82 and a chance of thundershowers this afternoon; in short, a typical summer day here.

Received a call from Lowe's and they're delivering my new washer today between ten and one. Also, as far as I know, there'll be a backhoe here today to start digging up my front lawn.

It's been and will continue to be an expensive period but at least I'll hopefully solve two major problems, at least for my lifetime. I'm just chalking it up to the sometimes unexpected costs of home ownership. I'm at least so thankful that I'll be able to afford it. The next stage will be to rebuild the financial cushion necessary to prepare for whatever comes next and something assuredly will. I still need to replace about four shingles on my roof and I belief I have enough in my storage room for that. The heat pump is my major concern however. Hopefully I can get another year out of it which will me allow the time to accrue enough that my bank account will cover it which will preclude the necessity of dipping into what are rather meager savings. As I wrote yesterday, I consider myself quite blessed because in this area of the country, such expenses would be virtually unburdenable for so many homeowners. While the cost of living is nothing compared to the highly populated areas of the country, the wages are commensurate (which means in this case, low).

Hope everyone who is "under the weather" is feeling better today!

Now it's time to get to work making arrangements (re: removing stuff stacked on the dryer which will have to be removed prior to installation of the washer as well as of course the never-ending chores of housework. The men out there would really appreciate the efforts of their wives were they ever to have to alone themselves, maintain both the exterior and interior of their homes and that's an understatement.

Prayers for those still ailing and Blessings upon all of my wonderful Cruisemates continue and of course included is a special prayer for Luanne's Jim and all of our military heroes who are overseas putting their lives on the line on our behalf on a 24/7 basis.

Todd
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Admiral

good morning all, its going to be 3H day here in mass, but thats ok, so nice to see the sun and feel the warm temps
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning campers!!! My big plan today is work and exercise. I'm so boring I put myself to sleep. Had my B-day party on Sunday it was a blast. I'm took the extra mango fruit basket cake to work. I'll put it in the normal spot send out an e-mail and move out of the way before the walking co workers knock me down. People here go crazy for snacks.

We are expecting rain which is strange I thought it was summer and all. Oh well at least I don't need to water the plants. I hope the rain doesn't mess up my grapes and tomatoes. Both are just starting to peek their head out. Hope everyone has a good day.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi kids,
Today is sunny and will be close to 80. I have the 2 kids today, & keeping them from killing each other is first and formost, on my mind... ahhhh youth!

I taped a reapeat of a show I had seen earlier this year, called the Cake Boss..They were in Sicily, and, now that I have visited, I wanted to watch it again. Surprisingly the show was in Taormina, which I had forgotten about, and, recognized a few spots where they taped..One scene wasnshot here, we sat and people watched there......it sent me right back in time

Make it a good one..wish I was there!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; June 28th, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .I plan to spend the afternoon relaxing by the pool.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Summer has arrived for at aleast a few days in Calgary. Temp today heading to the 80s. That of course means a golf game for me.

I'm going to try and remember to take some pictures today, because the course is looking simply spectacular these days. The crew there told me they have planted 58,000 flowers this season.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Sunshine at Last

Good morning! Another 95 day here in SoCal.

Don't know what Keith has planned, but I'm going to do the ironing I didn't do yesterday. I wish I were in Taormina, too.

Judy
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from rainy Arkansas. The rain has broken the heat warning, at least for today.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Admiral

I just got back from work and it poured all the way home!!! Rain, rain, go away and don't come back some other day!!!