Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Default Cruise Wardrobe Teeshirts !!!

every year on the Jazz SuperCruise there are several large groups that wear matching original creative teeshirts on the day we board...fan club members of the performing jazz artists will wear teeshirts with their favorite artists picture on it the night of their performance which really makes it alot of fun

I like to wear teeshirts during the day on my cruises because very often it will generate conversations and serve as icebreakers..whenever I wear my NOLA Special Olympics, United States Air Force Academy (with the F-15 on front), New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival,Greek Festival and my Angola Prison Rodeo teeshirt (which generates alot of questions), I meet and make new cruising friends I never wear a plain teeshirt on a cruise

my question..what are your favorite teeshirts that you like to wear on your cruise...and what teeshirts have you seen other cruisers wear that you thought were really funny or enjoyed ?
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Admiral

I'm not really a T-shirt kinda gal ....although I did buy something kind-of piratey looking for pirate night on our DIsney Cruise.

DH is a plain T-shirt kinda guy. He doesn't want to be a walking ad for anyone (his words!). For Christmas last year (knowing a disney cruise was coming) .... we bought him a ton of t-shirts for our DisneyCruise - Lightning McQueen, Buzz Lightyear, Goofy, and Grumpy .... the kids love it!

We've got dreamworks coming up ... and I'm looking for Shrek and KFP shirts, both for DH and the kids.

My kids are young, so they love the "character" clothes.

Sorry Venice, but that is as close as I get to answering your question!

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Hmm, well I do like tee shirts but I've not got anything really interesting other than a few port of call tees. People will tell you if they liked that port or not or ask you about it if they've not been.
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Default Cruise Wardrobe Tee Shirts

Those of us who went on the Cruise of the Century a few years back wore special tee shirts.

To save on packing, I've seen people buy a tee shirt each cruise stop.

Judy
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Default Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
every year on the Jazz SuperCruise there are several large groups that wear matching original creative teeshirts on the day we board...fan club members of the performing jazz artists will wear teeshirts with their favorite artists picture on it the night of their performance which really makes it alot of fun

I like to wear teeshirts during the day on my cruises because very often it will generate conversations and serve as icebreakers..whenever I wear my NOLA Special Olympics, United States Air Force Academy (with the F-15 on front), New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival,Greek Festival and my Angola Prison Rodeo teeshirt (which generates alot of questions), I meet and make new cruising friends I never wear a plain teeshirt on a cruise

my question..what are your favorite teeshirts that you like to wear on your cruise...and what teeshirts have you seen other cruisers wear that you thought were really funny or enjoyed ?
Interesting that you chose to post this today as my better half and I have been debating my shipboard attire . I am a teeshirt person ,she is not and her feeling is that teeshirts should not be worn on the cruise .
My favorite tee shirts are :

1) A picture of a lighthouse from my town along with the American flag
2) Johnson Space Center
3) A Bert Wills shirt
4) Red Dog Saloon (Alaska)
5) Abbey Road Photo

I recently bought 7 tee shirts that I plan to wear on the cruise
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Admiral

Tee shirts rock!!! I wear tee shirts almost every day; I like the comfort of them. I have a wide selection of them. My favorites are CPD, CFD, Aerosmith & Wisconsin State fair just to name a few. I have my dressy tee’s and my everyday tee’s but I do on occasion put on a “real shirt” and do dress for the occasion but I can’t wait to put a tee back on. If it were up to me the whole world would wear tee’s and PJ bottoms!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Not a big fan of tee shirts. I do have a few, some that were given to me when I donated blood. I have one from a CM group cruise I went on which I keep. I rarely wear any of them. Eventually I will put them on Freecycle for someone who can use them.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 29th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Admiral

since i work in an office, t-shirts are my dress-down, weekend, vacation attire. t-shirts are fine for days on board ship and on shore excursions.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Default Tee Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Tee shirts rock!!! I wear tee shirts almost every day; I like the comfort of them. I have a wide selection of them. My favorites are CPD, CFD, Aerosmith & Wisconsin State fair just to name a few. I have my dressy tee’s and my everyday tee’s but I do on occasion put on a “real shirt” and do dress for the occasion but I can’t wait to put a tee back on. If it were up to me the whole world would wear tee’s and PJ bottoms!

If I were the POTUS it would be mandatory to wear tee's every day .
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
If I were the POTUS it would be mandatory to wear tee's every day .
I like the way you think!! You have my vote!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

On a recent trip to Key West, I noticed that t-shirts were de rigueur for many of the locals there. The proprietor of a local restaurant informed me that dressing up meant wearing a shirt with a collar. That's kind of how I feel about dressing for a cruise. Other than appropriate attire for dinner, it's basically t-shirts and shorts (depending on the weather).
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Default President Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
I like the way you think!! You have my vote!

One vote for King Henry XXXXIII
Old June 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Admiral

venice,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post

No, there are no "T" shirts whatsoever in my cruise wardrobe, and I refuse to buy "T" shirts when on cruise!

But actually, I achieve the same end as your "T" shirts by wearing <i> polo </i> (or golf) shirts that a logo or design of some personal significance on the left side of the chest. Many of my polo shirts are souvenirs from my travels or from other significant events (I just bought a polo shirt commemorating this year's Stanley Cup championship going to the Boston Bruins).

So, why polo shirts instead of "T" shirts?

Two reasons.

>> 1. The normative standard of dress in my office is "business casual," which means shirts <i> with collars </I> and dress slacks for gents. Polo shirts are acceptable, but "T" shirts are not.

>> 2. Likewise, "casual" (or "smart casual") evenings on a cruise generally require shirts <i> with collars </i> -- either sport shirts or polo shirts -- but polo shirts have the advantage of also being suitable for wear over a swimsuit if one is going to the beach or the pool. Thus, by bringing polo shirts, I need only one "casual" shirt per day rather than two.

Of course, those who plan to work out at the fitness center or who jog will want to bring "T" shirts and gym shorts as part of their workout gear....

Norm.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Norm..when I have taken a normal cruise I bring polo shirts to wear with my dockers during casual evenings

On the Capital Jazz SuperCruise there is a different theme every night NFL jersey night, 60's-70's night, white night, caribbean/mardi gras night(there are no formal nights) so polo shirts would not work in the evening..during the day teeshirts and shorts work just fine...for my morning workout I pack my old teeshirts/shorts that have seen their better days and just throw them away after each workout which leaves more room in my suitcase on the return trip

I had to wear suits most of my work life...the only time I wear suit these days is to a funeral and 1st Sunday at Church