Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Default Thoroughly Dull Thursday

Morning Mates, from a dull and cloudy Pictou County. It is only 16C or 60F, not at all like the end of June. Yesterday was glorius, in the mid-20's but we can't expect that 2 days in a row!

Today I am going to my last aquafitness class. The pool will close for July for repairs, and then I will be working full time and won't be able to go to the morning classes anymore. I will miss it so much. May try to get to one of the evening classes, because I really enjoy them.

No other plans for today, it's just nice to have the free time with nowhere to go and nothing to do for a change. I think I could get used to retirement!

donna
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Simply a bureau of tourism day hear...around 80,and bright blue skies,with no humidity....ahhhhhh

Yesterday I got a package I ordered, covered in tape, that said, wrapped and resealed in the USPS..hmmm! Why did this need to be resealed? The packaging took me about 3 minutes to open it to get inside..hmmm!

Well guess what, the box was empty! Someone, somewhere is wearing some bling So I am off to the P.O. soon.

Not much else on my dance card...Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 30th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I finally get some good weather and get to be home to enjoy it! I rolled in about 6:30 last night. We had a nice but short visit with the inlaws. The kids got to stay home and "OPA-sit" while I went to the Doctor with my MIL and SIL. My FIL (opa) had his knee replaced a couple of weeks ago and so the kids were in charge of keeping an eye on him and getting him anything he needed in our absence. They did great.

Well without going into great detail, the genetic tests came back as we thought they would, and so now we need to get d/h in to find out what his status is. It really is a long drawn out process, but worth it, if you can find out that you do not carry the gene, it gives you great peace of mind. If you do carry it, then you know you have got to stay on top of all your preventive maintenance and if something does show up, you need to take care of it. So it is another of of those clubs that no one wants to belong to, but we have no choice. Perhaps too, dealing with these issues today may just save our childrens lives one day. For now though I am praying that they have my genes.

Not much else going on here. I hope you all have a good day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A couple of very warm days the last few, but winds have been up putting a little crimp into otherwise perfect golf days

Tues. I had my best ever score.... so all this playing is making me improve, which makes it even more fun.

I'll never make the pro tour, but I'll quit slapping Mrs. Kuki when I get home.
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .Another pool day here .
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Well things are about to really heat up for us around here, their talking 100 maybe tomorrow.
I will be leaving shortly to do what every women looks forward to doing…. Swimsuit shopping!! I have been putting it off but when I suited up for a swim at the neighbor’s house I realized how tattered my suit has become and with my cruise and two other trip coming up I need to get a new one. I figure I better take a look at short and other summer thing as well; it’s nice to have some new stuff when going on a cruise.

I also need to start my shopping for our upcoming block party. We need a lot of water, pop, chips etc…
Have a great day all!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Our rain day took us off the heat warning, but we are back on now. Oh well. Almost done with the Spencer Quinn book.Am really enjoying it.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Default Thoroughly Dull Thursday

Good morning! Looks like the start of another nice day.

Yesterday, we went to Newport Beach. Weatherwise, it was just gorgeous. We had lunch at P.F. Chang's which is just a couple of miles from the beach. It was so clear you could see Catalina Island.

Nothing much on the agenda except errands.

Enjoy your day.

Judy