Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Default Fabulous Friday!

Morning Mates, from another stellar weather day in Pictou County! I can't believe I have had 2 whole weeks of great weather on my vacation - it was a long time coming I'll tell you that!

Today marks the beginning of a huge annual event here in Pictou - the Lobster Carnival. There are all sorts of events planned, from Lobster tagging, modified speedboat races, dog show, live music, street dance, fireworks, and of course all the lobster you can eat (although I can't stand the stuff!). Our tiny little town will be teaming with tourists and locals alike, but I am looking forward to the parade tomorrow!

donna p.s. I am STILL looking for lobster print fabric! I made the rounds of a dozen more places yesterday and only came up with a plastic lobster bib. I did find a cloth carry bag and an apron with lobster on it, but the size and shape of the picture was too difficult to cut into a dog scarf. I guess I will have to order what I found online and make one for next year....
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Its going to be another warm sunny day here. This morning we will be cleaning the kids rooms and tidying up the sunroom. The kids want to invite a couple of friends over for a sleepover tonight and so I would like the house to be in ship shape.
This afternoon I will be accompanying my Sister to an appointment with a foot surgeon. I have been after her for years to take care of her feet and she tried to convince me that her feet were fine... well now they are really in trouble and she is facing a major reconstruction. With possible recovery time of 1 year per foot. She wants me to go to this appointment and hear what exactly her surgeon is proposing, we'll get copies of all the scans and xrays then see if my foot surgeon agrees or not. I feel terrible for her, she can barely walk.
I have lots to do and better leap into action!
I hope you all have a great day and a glorious weekend!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Captain

RD & BW, glad you are both having a great weather day. We are not quite so lucky. Had a major rainstorm pass through here around 7 am. Lots of thunder, lightning and rain. It is now just a drizzle and if the weather folks are correct it should pass and be over with around noon. The rest of the weekend looks pretty good with highs in the 90's on Sunday.
Today D/H and I are both going for haircuts. Since he is retired now we can get appointments during the day which makes our hairdresser happy. She is great and was always willing to get him in late in the evening due to his job. No More of that for her. We will be heading to Charleston, WV for a square dance tonight. Hoping to get started early and stop for a nice dinner along the way. We have a couple of gift cards to use up so who knows today may be the day.
Hope everyone has a great day and RD enjoy the Lobster Fest. I love lobster and only wish I were there.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Today the Calgary Stampede kicks off with the big parade.

The Duke and Duchesss of Cambridge (William and Kate) didn't make it over to my house. But from reporting, they had a wonderful time, hitting town yesterday.

Perhaps tomorrow we'll take in some Stampede Events... but today I'm heading to the golf course with friends
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Default Fabulous Friday

Good morning! A beautiful sunny day and lower humdity. Perfect!

We had a nice day in Costa Mesa yesterday, ran errands and had lunch in a wonderful restaurant called Quattro.

Not too much else to report, so have a nice day.

Judy
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Good morning (well, it's almost afternoon EDT) R/D, BW, Sue and Kuki.

We need rain (if only to settle the dirt from the construction in the front yard so that they can put down some topsoil, seed and straw it). They used to use tobacco stems as opposed to straw (it works much better) and this country used to be a major supplier of Burley tobacco. But of course that industry is shot and little of it is grown here any longer.

Donna, Emma will look adorable with any type of scarf! Hope you have a wonderful time at the Lobster Fest and like Sue, sure wish I was there. I fully intend to visit Pictou at some point because it is so idyllic.

B/W, I do feel so sorry for your sister. She probably should have had foot surger even before you did but late is better than never. Am I correct in presuming her problems are similar to yours? So so hope to be able to get together with you, your D/H and those adorable kids. We'll be in Indianapolis really only one full day, Saturday the 6th of August but I've an idea that I'll get to you with.

Sue, we'll be heading through your area on the way up on Tuesday the 2nd and back through on Sunday the 7th. Please don't go out of your way but either up or down would love to again see you and your D/H at the same place if that is convenient for you. If not, I'm sure I'll be heading back through at some point.

Kuki, I've always wanted to visit Calgary. It must be a gorgeous area. Maybe someday........

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week.

Todd
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Afternoon all. Feel like I am running around in circles today. Hate it when that happens.

Hot here, as usual.

Hope you are all enjoying your Friday.
Old July 8th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Good evening everyone from NY