Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Default Checking in from Patzcuaro, Mexico

Hi Guys nīGals!

I thouht it must be time to post an update. We had a great time on our first Trans-Atlantic cruise aboard the Celebrity Eclipse, having returned to Mexico from London in early May.

We have had two sets of visitors from Florida and Washington State for a couple of weeks in June and took the latter duo to Zihuatanejo for a couple of days after touring many of the highlights here in Colonial Mexico.
We had wonderful visits and the weather was largely quite good except for a couple of afternoon thunder showers, which are quite normal for this time of year. The "rainy season" has made it quite green, giving the valley an emerald hue much like Ireland.

Our housebuilding is coming along amazingly well and is right on schedule. Right now they are finishing up the terra cotta roof tiles and the inside plaster work. The bell has been installed in the opening on the mission style facade. The front of the house looks a bit like a quaint old mission basilica. I guess we will have to have tequila sunrise services or such! (Just Kidding of Course!)

Both David and I are getting tired of living in a rental house eventhough it is actually quite nice. Every day when we go to look at the new house we wish we could move in that day. But the good news is that we only have two or three more munths until that dream will come true and it is fun seeing the daily progress nonetheless.

I just noticed that one of my favorite folk singers, Iris Dement, will be appearing 7 nights on the Norwegian Pearl in early February. I cannot say that we love Norwegian cruise lines, but her appearing on the Pearl may make us reconsider our prejudices in this case. Hmmmmmmmmmm????? You may know of her if you saw the movie "The Songcatcher."

Anyway, Bye for now and I will check in here in a few days! Hasta Luego!
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

How nice to hear from you...Hi David!

Glad to hear paradise is just what you thought it would be. We will need tons of pictures when the house gets done.

We need more info about the Eclipse and England..How did the "hat" work out?

See ya soon.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 8th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Chuck,
Its been ages since we heard from your or I may have issed it....So, when is the ETA on a finished house and moving date??? I bet you are getting ready to be there, hope it continues to be on schedule...

Any pics?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Admiral

Hi Chuck! It's great to hear from you ! Building a house (even in Mexico) must be a PITA. I hope you two will survive it!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Admiral

I admit, I am so very happy to hear that you two love where you live and that your house is close to completion. Please send pictures.

I admit, that I've been fearful for your safety with all that's going on down there and I have concluded that you must be in a large area where such violence has not visited. It sounds as if the Mexico of decades ago with wonderful people. Too often we only hear of the horrfic stories and not that there are still large sections of Mexico that have avoided those experiences. I'm so glad you found your "Place in the sun!"

God Bless!

Todd
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I am so glad to hear that things are going well for the two of you. I also had you in my prayers for your safety.

Sure would like to see some pictures of the house.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the kind words. The security issues in Mexico have been way overblown. We feel very safe here in Patzcuaro and driving to and from other parts of Mexico as well.

President Calderon has been doing a lot to keep things safe,,,and as he stated in a recent interview: "When I was at the coast over spring break, I saw lots of young people having a good time and the only shots I saw were shots of tequila."

This was a funny way of saying Mexico is quite safe. (except for the drivers lol)

I'll be posting some house pics when our casa is finished.