Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Salutations!

Morning Mates, from Pictou County where it is once again cloudy and cool.
I hope it's not going to be miserable weather for our Lobster Carnival, so much happening today! We go from deadly humidity back to 16C again, I had planned to wear my lobster shorts and T-shirt today, but I am going to need a jacket!

Last night we went into town for some music and fireworks. I never saw so many people in town! Normally it takes us 10 minutes to go from town to home, last night it took us 25 minutes just to get OUT of town!

By the way, I finally found yesterday, a cloth shopping bag at the Dollar Store, which I cut up and sewed onto an old dog scarf and Emma is all deked out now for the Carnival. I will post a pic when I figure out how!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

donna
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be a gorgeous weekend here. Bruce's garden produced 3 cucumbers so far...a quick harvest, so our table should be loaded with goodies, with some to share. Rd, I would ask for shrimp at the lobster festival

Some sad news, my oldest granddaughter's long time friend/boyfriend passed away in his sleep. 24 years old, with 2 tours of Iraq under his belt, and was a policeman... so young, and so sad You just never know, do you;(

Hope all our CM'ers are doing well...make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; July 9th, 2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I am feeling almost human today. On Thursday I grilled up hot dogs for the kids and myself. I had two coarse ground hot dogs for me and the standard type of hot dogs for the kids. Well, my hot dogs had been in the fridge for about three weeks, in a sealed bag but "something evil" had grown in them. Twelve hours later the demons of hell were set loose inside my body.

I thought I was going to die. Now I really know the difference between something making you sick and actual food poisoning. I went to the doc first thing yesterday morning. I called him and asked if I should go there or the ER. Since he is also a friend of mine he said to just come there and he'd triage me. He gave me a shot and then put me on Cipro. I spent the rest of yesterday just laying in bed and drinking Gatorade. Lesson learned and I should know better but I've never had hot dogs go bad if properly stored. I also had to give him the package from the hot dogs. The hot dogs were the only thing that I ate that the kids did not and they were perfectly fine.
The other thing is that I grilled the dogs and actually overcooked mine. He'll let me know what they find. Betty also spent yesterday cleaning and bleaching the refrigerator and drawers to make sure nothing remained.

So does anyone want to come over for dinner?

Today we will be looking at another house for my son. The last one was already under contract by the time we found it. This one is just on the market so that shouldn't happen but who knows what's inside. After that we're going to take the boat out. It's rainy right now but the talking heads say that it will clear up in an hour or two. If they are right then I'll be dragging Betty around the lake on water skis and the kids can do some fishing and inner tubing.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Captain

Sun has finally burned the fog away and it should be another beautiful day. Had a great time at the square dance in Charleston, WV last night. Got a surprise visit from an old friend who had lost her husband about a month ago. She is doing well under the circumstances. Made plans to meet up with her and some other gals in the fall for a girls day out.
Later today we will be heading to Cincinnati, Oh for another dance tongiht. We are going to leave early so D/H can stop at a golf shop he has been wanting to visit for quite awhile. If I work it right I might even get a nice dinner out of the deal.
Need to get the mower going and get the yard looking good. The heat and rain from yesterday really made it grow! Need to wait for the dew to dry some before we takle that job.
RD have a great time at Lobster fest! Looking forward to the pics of your handy work.
Trip, so sorry about your daughter's friend. Prayers for all will go out.
Mike, I think I'll pass on the lunch invite. Glad you are feeling better today.

Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .

Mrs.Henry43 and I will be spending the day with Manuel and his DW
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

RD, I hope the weather holds for the festival.

Trip, I am sorry to hear about that young man.

Mike, glad you are feeling better.

Sue, have fun.

Well, the OH says he's going to mow. We'll see. Me, I keep thinking I'm caught up on the chores but stuff keeps popping up. I may say to hell with it and take the day off. Waiting on dad to get up so I can get him squared before I take the housedog for her walk. She likes to go mark the neighborhood. I let the outdoor pup in to sleep the other night. I did not know that other family members had fed him chili! That was a mess to clean.

Well, I hope everyone has a good day.
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a hot, dry Texas. We could use some rain in the worse possible way.

I am trying to heal. Took my best friend on a vacation last week, to Orlando. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet, but never gets to brag when school starts back, of her summer vacation.

We had a great time, and laughed until it hurt. On the way home, I was trying to help her with her luggage, and ran over my own foot. The wheel had broken off, and the broken edges tried to take my foot off. Lost the nail on my big toe, and broke it, plus had several cuts. I thought nothing of it, until I was standing in line, and realized I was standing in a pool of blood. Long story short, the EMT's were called, and I spent the rest of the trip in a wheelchair. It is not a pretty thing to look at, but it is healing.

Yesterday was Josh's birthday. He wanted something quiet, so I ordered a cake from a friend, and had delivery of his favorite food. It turned out good. The best gift was a call from Iraq from his dad.

Linda, I am so sorry for the loss of that young man. Do they know what caused it?

Mike, Hot Dogs? If you are going to have your life pass before you, you need to pick a better food to cause it. I do hope you get to feeling better.

Sue, It sounds like you are as busy as ever.

Donna, I would also like to see the pictures. Have a good weekend.

Well, I guess I had better get started on my day. I walk like Chester, and no one around here would know who that is. I'll bet some of you do.

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Checking in again to let you know the skies have opened up and it looks like the Lobster Carnival is rained out for today.
I just drove over the causeway and there were no modified boat races going on, and I;m sure not much else either! Still holding out hope for the parade this evening...

Trip, sorry to hear about your granddaughter's boyfriend. How sad and tragic, please let us know what caused it, and how your g/d is doing?

Mike, I too will pass on the lunch invitation! Sorry you had to go through that, as if you don't have enough medical problems already! Something tells me you won't be eating a hot dog ever again!

Luanne, poor you! Hope yo're not in much pain and healing fast!

donna
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Sorry Luanne. Hope you are out pain soon.

Hope Henry and Manuel have fun.

Donna, sorry about the weather.
Old July 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Salutations

Good morning! Looks to be a beautiful day with low humidity for a change.

Mike, yuck, what a break!

Luanne, and speaking of breaks, what a freak accident, and what a nuisance. Nothing worse than a wounded foot.

Moraine, go on, take a day off!

Well, Keith has gone off to Riverside and the Wright Flyer Project. On Monday, he's taking his car in for an a/c estimate, but with not many positive thoughts regarding cost. It's an old car, but I guess fixing it is less costly than buying a new or used one.

Will do some errands here and then treat myself to a Mandarin Chicken Salad at the Nordstrom cafe. After that, a little shopping thrown in.

Judy
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Admiral

It was slightly drizzling this morning but I was out and about hitting garage sales. I got a brand new Samsonite business case for $2.00; now I can easily store all my financial information into it. What a great find!!! Rob and I went out to lunch at Abuelo's, a great Mexican restaurant and then it was on to Sears so that Rob could purchase a table to use his table saw. We are flying out to Palm Springs on Thursday. Hope all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful weekend.
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Admiral

Not much to report from the hot Arizona desert where I'm still battling a serious lupus flare up. Besides all the pain and unsteadiness I'm dealing with, it just amazes me how much energy my body uses up just in fighting the illness, so I pretty much just go to work for as many hours as I can muster, come home, nap, get up, do nothing, and go back to bed again for the night. I'm really anxious to finally get in to see the reumatologist on Tuesday to see what she has to say. I try not to complain too much because I know it could be so much worse. I'm just concentrating on being well enough to go on our cruise on the Carnival Splendor on Sept. 11!